Recommended AI settings?

Just curious how you set your AI. I realize this is a wide open question, but I am noticing that no matter where I put the AI strength/aggression, and if I use CM "new AI" or default vanilla, the AI always runs really really fast until I pass them (when and if I am able to).. as soon as I get past one AI, that car just slows down... so it's weird because if I set the AI too high, I never get to the front. If I set the AI to about where I am competitive (about 95% or so) and I am chasing the guy in front of me for several laps.. if I manage to get by for whatever reason, he suddenly drops back.. so all of the cars behind me are getting slower and slower and all of the cars ahead of me are getting farther ahead (or so it seems). In a long race this seems to just accumulate.
As stated earlier, I have tried turning aggression way up, back down, added variety, same with strength..
Are there any other settings in the AI behavior that can be tweaked or do I just live with it?
Just curious if any of you play offline and how you set your AI.
I want to set up my first championship and would like to have it somewhat competitive but not too crazy.

Hi,

hmmm i did not observe this behavior but it also varies by cars/tracks combos how they behave.
It does not answer your question but look here its a similar threadt:

Just curious how you set your AI. I realize this is a wide open question, but I am noticing that no matter where I put the AI strength/aggression, and if I use CM "new AI" or default vanilla, the AI always runs really really fast until I pass them (when and if I am able to).. as soon as I get past one AI, that car just slows down... so it's weird because if I set the AI too high, I never get to the front. If I set the AI to about where I am competitive (about 95% or so) and I am chasing the guy in front of me for several laps.. if I manage to get by for whatever reason, he suddenly drops back.. so all of the cars behind me are getting slower and slower and all of the cars ahead of me are getting farther ahead (or so it seems). In a long race this seems to just accumulate.
As stated earlier, I have tried turning aggression way up, back down, added variety, same with strength..
Are there any other settings in the AI behavior that can be tweaked or do I just live with it?
Just curious if any of you play offline and how you set your AI.
I want to set up my first championship and would like to have it somewhat competitive but not too crazy.
Where do yo have aggression set?

This is one the reasons i'm glad I stink at AC because I get plenty of challenge from the AI. I've read where some say the AI is too slow even at 100% or they never pass you or each other, etc. but I don't see that. Great battles with the AI at lots of tracks. If I slip up, they jump on the opportunity to pass if I leave it open. I have lots of other sims (rF2, ACC, RRE, etc.) and still have the most fun racing the AI with AC.

Using CM, I have my AI strength at 94-96 percent with a 3% plus\minus variation depending on the class or car i'm driving. Aggression is always at 95% with a 5% plus\minus variation. I typically finish in the middle, but have won a few races here and there when i'm really hitting my marks.

An unwritten law says: With very fast cars or in particular open wheelers the aggresion should not be set over 70% while all others incl. GT3 fe. should be set above 75%

But like everything else this also depends on personal preference and cars/mods etc.

I find the problem the AC AI has is - they do not attack at all. They overtake, yes, but mostly if you make a bigger mistake. If the agressiveness is set to high, they go wild and just bump you of the track.

On the other side you have always some opponents to fight with no matter how fast you are.

If you "learn to behave along this AI" you will have your fun. But fe. the R3E AI is far superior.

But fe. the R3E AI is far superior.

Not in my experience. First off, the Adaptive AI is a joke. I've run a lot of races with the adaptive ai so far and i'm not sure what they are adapting too. They still run way too fast at some tracks and way to slow at others. I was told you have to be patient with the adaptive ai so it can learn, but I think i've run enough races that it should have started adapting to my skill level by now. Secondly, they have no awareness of the human driver. They plow through me going into turns as if I don't even exist. They play nice with each other, but they run through me so often in the turns that it's sometimes nearly impossible to complete the first lap. I go back to it from time to time when I see an R3E update hoping it's better, but it never is. I still have more fun with AC's ai. Shame too because I like R3E very much but I can only use it for hotlapping and test laps.

Last edited:
Not in my experience. First off, the Adaptive AI is a joke. I've run a lot of races with the adaptive ai so far and i'm not sure what they are adapting too. They still run way too fast at some tracks and way to slow at others. I was told you have to be patient with the adaptive ai so it can learn, but I think i've run enough races that it should have started adapting to my skill level by now. Secondly, they have no awareness of the human driver. They plow through me going into turns as if I don't even exist. They play nice with each other, but they run through me so often in the turns that it's sometimes nearly impossible to complete the first lap. I go back to it from time to time when I see an R3E update hoping it's better, but it never is. I still have more fun with AC's ai. Shame too because I like R3E very much but I can only use it for hotlapping and test laps.

I do not use R3Es adaptive AI so can`t say anything about this.

With the normal AI i do not have more problems than ACs one.
Yeah it happens occasionaly they bump me off the track but its also my fault every time. For example if i am just too slow and blocking the race line. Should not happen, but hey there is no AI perfect.
But for me - again the R3E AI is the most "humanlike"
Sorry it´s a bit offtopic :confused:

How do I make sure the AI change from dry to wets when using sol and rain, do I assume they are all changing in the pits. I set at Imola GT3 for 10 laps and for it to start raining which it did but I didn't see any AI pit and they seemed to be flying round the track.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back