Best/Fun AI racing in 2020? Tracks/Cars/Setting etc?

I love racing against AI but am constantly searching for the best tracks and cars for great races.

If you have any particular cars &/or tracks and especially great combos please post here!

My two fav cars (so far) against AI are the Mazda mx5 cup and the Lotus 2-eleven GT4 ( both with the great Fonsecker sound mods ). I have also had a lot of fun with the Abarth 500s and various RSS formula mods.

And I've had a lot of fun and challenging races with those cars on tracks such as: Adelaide ( '88 & '11), Albert Park, Baku, Macau, Monaco '66, various Nordschleife versions, Paul Ricard, Sebring, Silverstone, Sonoma & Zolder.

I set the Strength @ 95+ & Aggression anywhere from 50 to 90+ for most races.

I find AC to be the best for this but have spent a lot of time in AMS2, RRR3 and a little in rf2. Any opinions on those platforms vs AC?

Thanks in advance for any discussion on this - I am probably older than you all ( mid 50s ) and just don't have the schedule ( or patience ) to do online races so AI races are my way of relaxing after a hectic day/work week.

Scott

Last edited:
Hi nice topic because i am also only racing with the AI (i am about 10 years younger btw. :)) My online "career" ended with rFactor 10 years ago.

I can`t say what my best track/car combos are, because there are just too many of great combinations.
But i can tell you how i manage my AC :thumbsup:

So i have created 29 Championships right now. Several championships i tried to setup as realistic as possible, with right cars, tracks, names and skins... Others are just fictional ones. Doing so i use over 100 tracks, and mostly car mods but also some original kunos cars.

Every championship has about 7 - 16 races depending on real world or custom fake championship.

I start every championship at 95% AI strenght and 80aggresion with a random car. If i become champion, the next season i increase the strenght by 2% and choose every time another car. If i end the championship as second or third - i stay with the same 95% and just take another car.
It also function another way - if i have no chance and lets say become only 10th i decrase the strenght by some % for the next season.

Doing so with 29 Championships on 7 - 16 tracks is a matter of hundreds of hours :D So i can easily say i am busy with AC for the next years. :confused:

These are the Championships i am currently running:

Bold = my favorites

GT 3 Europe (Blancpain Europe like)
GT 3 America (IMSA like, only American tracks)
GT 3 Asia (based on Blancpain Asia)
Argentinian TN (Touring)
60s Touring Legends
70s Touring Legends
GT 4 Europe (fictional on some other European tracks than GT3)
GT 4 World ((fictional on some other Worldwide tracks)
F1 1967 (like real world)
F1 1975 (like real world)
F1 1991 (like real world)
DRM (like real world)
DTM 90s (like real world)
DTM 2018 (like real world)
CART 1999 (like real world)
Prototype Legends (based on Sportcar Championships in the 70s)
FIA GT 2003 (GT1 like real world)
FIA GT 2010 (GT1 like real world)
GT Legends
BTCC (modern, like real world, season ??2016)
JGTC 2000 (like real world)
Super GT500 2013 (like real world)
Retro Supercars (fictional, based on 80-90th Supercars kunos and Nfs mods)
Audi TT RS Cup (half real, half fictional)
TransAm (fictional cup on US tracks only)
ATCC Group A (80th Australian Touring Car Championship)
ATCC Group C (80th Australian Touring Car Championship)
V8 Supercars (like real world, Australian modern Supercars)
Nippon Power (fictional series featureing the kunos Skyline, Supra, Rx7 and modded NSX on japanes tracks)

If you have questions, need some mods or tracks - go on :thumbsup:

Edit: of course i will NOT share any paymods , just to clarify :)

Last edited:
Wow thanks for sharing this! I have been keeping a spreadsheet of the tracks and cars with the strength/aggro info and slowly increasing as I win races with specific combos. Sort of like you but on a much smaller scale. I haven't thought of doing this with championships though - that would be an awesome way to take it to another level.

Hi nice topic because i am also only racing with the AI (i am about 10 years younger btw. :)) My online "career" ended with rFactor 10 years ago.

I can`t say what my best track/car combos are, because there are just too many of great combinations.

So i have created 29 Championships right now. Several championships i tried to setup as realistic as possible, with right cars, tracks, names and skins... Others are just fictional ones. Doing so i use over 100 tracks, and mostly car mods but also some original kunos cars.

Every championship has about 7 - 16 races depending on real world or custom fake championship.

I start every championship at 95% AI strenght and 80aggresion with a random car. If i become champion, the next season i increase the strenght by 2% and choose every time another car. If i end the championship as second or third - i stay with the same 95% and just take another car.
It also function another way - if i have no chance and lets say become only 10th i decrase the strenght by some % for the next season.

Doing so with 29 Championships on 7 - 16 tracks is a matter of hundreds of hours :D So i can easily say i am busy with AC for the next years. :confused:

Bold = my favorites

Argentinian TN (Touring)
60s Touring Legends
70s Touring Legends
DRM (like real world)
GT Legends
Nippon Power (fictional series featureing the kunos Skyline, Supra, Rx7 and modded NSX on japanes tracks)

I really liked those suggestions mate, will certainly use them in the future :thumbsup:
One of the Championships I had lots of fun with was using the Ferrari F40 Competizione in some of my favorite tracks like Monza, SPA, Interlagos, and Imola.

I really liked those suggestions mate, will certainly use them in the future :thumbsup:
One of the Championships I had lots of fun with was using the Ferrari F40 Competizione in some of my favorite tracks like Monza, SPA, Interlagos, and Imola.
Cool.:thumbsup: The f40 is a great car and great challange. Unfortunately i did not find good cars for the f40 to race against.
Btw. Right now i have 45 championships running :confused::speechless::coffee: ....

Bold = my favorites

Argentinian TN (Touring)
60s Touring Legends
70s Touring Legends
DRM (like real world)
GT Legends

Hey ! Ik you said you wouldn’t share mods, but where could I find CART cars ? I wanna try them since my favorite driver Jacques Villeneuve race and won that category, but I can’t find anything… also for old F1 categories did you find all the different cars or only use one with the same livery ?
Thanks in advance :)

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 230 14.7%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 159 10.2%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 156 10.0%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 117 7.5%
  • < 5 years