Recommendation of racing rig

I was looking at the Simetik. It looks like a pretty solid option but I went with an 8020 rig (4play racing) for just a little bit more money. The 8020 rigs are very flexible so I bet you could find a way to mount your seat and monitor stand.

Upvote 0
Depends on your seat, if your seat has adjustable runners then it's the same adjustment you'd get in a car. The frame length can also be adjusted to make it longer/shorter but that involves unbolting things and would only be if you were extremely tall or short to begin with

Upvote 0
Depends on your seat, if your seat has adjustable runners then it's the same adjustment you'd get in a car. The frame length can also be adjusted to make it longer/shorter but that involves unbolting things and would only be if you were extremely tall or short to begin with
Thank you. I already own a seat of course... but the rig is old and above all the wheel mount system is based on a central pylon, which i hate. That's why i am interested in the Simetik K2.
But my seat doesn't include adjustable runners... so i was asking if the K2 includes them.
I guess it doesn't.
Any advice on where i could look to get just the above mentioned runners in order to try adapting them to my seat? Thanks in advance!

Upvote 0
Here's the dimensions of the K2 seat mounts, a universal runner will fit fine - just check your existing seat will bolt to the runners

Seat_mounting_dimensions_-_Simetik_K2-D-01-01_large.jpg

Upvote 0
Ok guys so after a year and half, after so many problems in my life... I'm back to business.

Still looking for a racing rig, I'm about 175-178 cm of height and my weight is about 70 kgs, what i found recently is GT Omega, Race Room seats, OSR DIY rig, RSeat

I want to combine one of those or other rig together with Fanatec clubsport base v2.5 since i cannot find alternative to that steering wheel.

So please share your opinion, honestly say what you think and remember even harshest truth is way better than sweet talk

Upvote 0
I use seat runners in my rig. They are a bit hard to install, but they work flawlessly. Actually, I installed them too in my pedals stand, so I can also adjust easily the distance of the pedals :D

Upvote 0
Ok guys so after a year and half, after so many problems in my life... I'm back to business.

Still looking for a racing rig, I'm about 175-178 cm of height and my weight is about 70 kgs, what i found recently is GT Omega, Race Room seats, OSR DIY rig, RSeat

I want to combine one of those or other rig together with Fanatec clubsport base v2.5 since i cannot find alternative to that steering wheel.

So please share your opinion, honestly say what you think and remember even harshest truth is way better than sweet talk
Why no alternative to Fanatec V2.5? It should be an excellent choice but there are certainly others out there.

For rigs it depends what you are after. I have a GT Omega Pro, with everything but monitor stand and the GT Omega seat. It has been excellent for me with a bucket seat from a Subaru, and is very sturdy. I did however notice some rust and paint flaking on the pedal base, but that's probably just some paint QC issue (still need to ask GT Omega about that). Now I am looking to build up my rig with other components, 80/20 is looking tempting, and one day when my G27 packs in I will look to DD, so it really depends what you are after, give us some details on usage and requirements.

Upvote 0
This is a different idea but a good one. You should look into your choices of sim rig by going to
https://www.isrtv.com/
This site is a bit on the older side but the reviews are very thorough.
They have many models that are slightly older but you can see the upgraded models on the respective websites for the products.

Upvote 0
Ok guys first things first...
1. Thank You all for ours feedback,
2. Why there is no alternative to Fanatec V2.5 ? - i never said there is no alternative, I just couldn't find them ... sometimes when you are searching you have to know what you want to find. It's not as simple for me, I lack of fundamental info about company names, their products prices - and google does not help me with DD wheels for 4K euro each.
If You guys know alternative to Fanatec V2.5 - feel free to share your opinion (1500-1600 euro is max what i can spend for wheel+pedals+shifter, and if it's possible i would like to avoid compatibility issues )
3. I'd like to avoid Aluminium panel rigs - maybe it's silly however I'm afraid that the bolts will get loose with time, and as a real car mechanic i know that aluminium panels are not as durable as they look. Those two are small cons - however price ...
Sim lab rig costs 699 euro + tax, seat costs about 320 euro + tax ~1200-1300 euro just so ... + shipping
JCL Sim rig is a bit cheaper however every addon part raises the cost so rapidly
There is also requirement of space lets say 100x150 cm +/-15 is max what i can obtain in the "Husband fun room"
4. I'm focused on Racing sims mostly Assetto Corsa, however i also play Dirt Rally ( i know i need a handbrake - but leave that i can't afford for it now), I also play euro Truck simulator and from time to time Farming Simulator (cause why not)

Upvote 0
As you're speaking in euros I assume you're in Europe? If so I'm interested to know why aren't you considering the Simetik K2?

Yeah i from Europe, Poland to be precise. I've seen Simetik rig its quite cheap when you comparing rig to rig however lack of seat rises the price for additional 200-250 euro + sliders about 40 euro - worth of consider

Upvote 0
3. I'd like to avoid Aluminium panel rigs - maybe it's silly however I'm afraid that the bolts will get loose with time, and as a real car mechanic i know that aluminium panels are not as durable as they look. Those two are small cons - however price ...

8020 has a built in locking mechanism that is supposed to be resistant to loosening from vibration. It is also super easy to re-tighten if for some reason you need to. Aluminum extrusion is very durable for use in sim rigs. A couple of the labs that I have worked in have used 8020 extensively in rigs built for scientific biomechanics testing.

Upvote 0
Grabarz, have you looked into this company for the aluminum extrusions?
http://www.motedis.com
I can't recall anyone who has had trouble with these types of rigs getting loose. But if it were to happen then it would be very easy to tighten.
All that is needed to assemble a rig of this style is hex keys or Allen wrench which ever you may call it.My rig is very sturdy and has no noise and has a very small foot print.
I can send pics if you would like.

Upvote 0

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 62 29.7%
  • More leagues

Votes: 40 19.1%
  • Prizes

Votes: 43 20.6%
  • Trophies

Votes: 24 11.5%