Recommendation of racing rig

I use a gt omega rig and and while it is a solid bit of kit i find the seat itself to be a bit crappy and cheap, I think a better option is THIS, also means its easy to add modifications in the future, im gonna upgrade to one soon.

Upvote 0
Hi i have a GT Omega and its real nice, had it 6 years now and it still looks good, no paint ships. etc...
my seat has just started to split round the seam. But that was my cat not wear..
it was a bit wobbly round the wheel when they first came out but with the side bars added its real ridged..
Put all the bolts in first loose then tighten it all up...
20160812_165052.jpg

I would recommend this rig, good value for money...
Way better than my wheel stand pro..

Upvote 0
Anyone own Playseat ?
I wanna know about durability of those rigs
Rseat
GTOmega
Playseat

OK Rseat is a little bit of my price league for now price in their shop is just ... enough to say with tax is almost 1000euro ...
but it looks like really durable rig
https://www.rseat-europe.com/rseat-rs1/rseat-rs1-black-simracing-cockpit

Then GTOmega is quiet nice - i just wanna know if there are any issues with wheel high ?
https://www.gtomegaracing.com/index...its/gt-omega-art-racing-simulator-cockpit-rs6

Then PlaySeat - still unknow ...

Upvote 0
I owned a playseat for 24 hours until I returned it. Really didn't like it, especially for the money. Sat too low, had a center bar support for the wheel instead of the sides and offered no accessories for keyboard, etc.

I almost bought a GT Omega setup like the post above but found a Obutto R3Volution locally for $450. Crazy deal. Totally worth it if you can find one used and affordable. I wouldn't buy it new for $1k (with accessories and shipping) though.

Upvote 0
I've got the GT Omega and can recommend it. I'm 6ft 5 and it's got enough clearance on the wheel deck for my long legs :) That's a win in my book :)

I'm happy with mine, I would say the seating position is a little more upright that I would ideally like. I've always been happy with it but recently I've seen one or two posh ones that puts you in a more open wheel car type of seating arrangement, which kind of appeals a bit to me. But hey, it's not exactly a deal breaker anyway.

The only issue I have with it is the lack of adjustability on the pedal deck. My standard pedals are the Fanatec V2's and they are fine, but I've got some nice DSD's sat doing nothing that need to be flat mounted, which sadly I can't do with this rig. Also if one was to want the pedals inverting and mounting upside down, that too isn't possible with this rig.

Other than that it's a really good piece of kit, and well worth the money they charge imho.

Cheers

Upvote 0
I do own a GT Omega Art for some time now.
I can´t really comment on the seat, as i only sat in it for one minute before i mounted my Recaro seat to the rig.
The rig is sturdy with very little movement/flex. The monitor mount works good in terms of holding your monitors, but i would look for an mount that is independent from the rig, as the monitors show some movement when mounted on the rig. and there are some FFB effects kicking in. The shifter mount is freely positionable and also sturdy enough. The plate where the pedals are mounted can be adjusted in the angle, but is not totally solid mounted, you need some zipties to prevent the plate from flipping over under heavy brakeing
Overall i can recommend the Gt Omega Art, although it is not perfect.
On the website they tell you about the great adjustabillity, but in reality it is not so great at all. For example, when you move the wheel towards the driver, wheel height raises also (due to the design). In case you want to keep the same height distance between seat and wheel after moving the wheel towards the driver, you have to raise the seat. The same goes for distance between pedals and wheels, each forward or backward move changes the height of the pedals, again seat height adjusting time if you want to keep your heigth distances. On the other side once you found your seating position, you will probably leave it that way forever.

I would stay clear from designs with a post between your legs (Playseat).

Upvote 0
I have had an Obutto Ozone for almost five years and I absolutely love it. It is rock solid, the seat is very comfortable and adjustable. The triple monitor mount works fine, I don't even notice wobble from my Accuforce FFB. Only downside is that you have to drill the wheel plate.

Upvote 0
I've also eyed Simetik K2 lately to maybe make upgrade from years old PS Evo. What you thing, could it be possible to use PS's seat in that Simetik? PS's seat is installed by 4 bolts in sides/corners, I guess I have measure dimensions. Otherwise that K2 would be very cheap upgrade.

Have also looked other cheaper rigs like Next Level Racing's F1GT(there seem to be quite a much cons, even if good idea) etc.

Anyone has Simetik's frame dimensions? Lenght, width(especiaily in around pedals so I could estimate if I could use my GT Omega ART monitor stand.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 96 7.7%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 130 10.5%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 175 14.1%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 351 28.2%