Really need better triple monitor support for RaceRoom

So I have triple monitors and typically had them adjusted at about 20 degrees. Most high end sims (IRacing and Assetto Corsa) allow me to set the monitor angle giving a great experience. However, I have been working with other sims also of the RFactor/Rfactor2 type and understand those sims are fixed to 45.

Therefore, to optimize my system I have moved my monitors to 45 degrees and really enjoy it.

Unfortunately now, RaceRoom is messed up for me. I think for full screen settings the monitor angle is about 30 deg, but can't change it in the sim. Also don't want to move my monitors around everytime I want to get into RaceRoom (I have a custom built full racing seat setup and not sure I want to go the path of multi adjustable monitor angles. I really need better triple monitor support from RaceRoom. I am new to it, am getting more into it, but I am hesitating relative to the triple monitor support.

One other question though, how does it detect triple monitors? I have my setup with NVidia Surround, so my display resolution is 48:9, 5912X1080 Bexel Corrected. But unless the sim know to multi-view the three monitors, is it just presenting a flat image at 5912X1080? In that case the one item I saw that said the default was 30 deg isn't necessarily true. I would think 30 deg and 45 are close enough but I am getting the sense that the image is almost flat across the span.

Help....

you need to take my whole argurment into focus , maybe i chose the wrong starting point ...

the games initial brief wasnt in my opinion a sim / it was something much lower down the ladder
it was also again in my opinion a way to pay for developement of other products for Raceroom and kw

with this in mind many things that could have been there were probably removed , coded and hard coded out

so at the start they maybe hoped to pick up some of the sim racers but more casual gamers.... during the lifespan and development of the game something changed people left and the vision changed, but as i said the foundation and a lot of the pillars holding up the structure of the game were now set in concrete .... so bits of code / columns needed bulldozing , reinforcing ,extensions need adding , concrete doesnt mind this ... code tends to be a little different and so the delays in adding the features that sim racers need ...
Now the triple screen support would need building and adding as such , but this is a foundation piece and do S3e still have someone to do that ? i have no idea ...

So when you maybe have 5 - 10% triple screen users ( i think im being massively generous here)
and the rest of the users clamouring for other stuff (better this and that ,flags,telemetry, more damage ,mixed classes etc etc ) and limited time and staff and finance and coders i cant see it being high on the list...

my extra euro....

but you argument was good until this point .....

You're argument therefore is not only frail but also completely invalidated by facts and simple logic both that can be observed and proven by the practices and instances taken by other developers.

at this point i think you proved that it was going to annoy some people ; including yourself , counter arguments are great useful ,this wasnt a counter argument , it was an attempt to belittle the argument or myself ...

my 33 cents extra

Andi

mmmm , im not offended by opinion.... but reading this it shows me there is a difference in how we deliver the opinion and although i like discussing stuff i know its not your opinion, or your language barrier that i find challenging because your prose and structure are well thought ..;

its just the flavour i find difficult

Andi

I lost interest really occasionally i jump in a dtm but otherwise AC and Iracing are a much better investment imo im over waiting for something that will most likley never happen and if it does by then other sims will have improved even more but this has improved dramatically since first release just wait and see GL Ssctor 3 with the development

In the past year I have read the "low percentage of triple screen users" and "triple screen support being low on the to do list" arguments a lot.

You should think that after all this time the triple support would have moved up a lot of places on said list.

But it feels as if we (triple screen setup owners) are being punished for having invested in something we think gives us the best immersion. And this does not seem to be right imo...
Repeating the same contra arguments over and over doesn't help either, and after a while sound more like "forget about it, it's never going to happen, we don't care" (correct me if I'm wrong)...:rolleyes:
Reaction from pCars sounded about the same for a while, but they now promised triple support for pCars2.

I'm not a big fan of AC, but the triple screen support is a HUGE advantage over any other sim/game that does not offer this support.

Last edited:
AC triples suppport....yes
Rfactor2 triples support....yes
AMS triples support....yes
Dirt Rally triples support....yes

Pretty much a sad state of affairs at this point. That said, i'm enjoying my VR. ;)

In a dev stream late last year they mentioned the fact they wanted to bring full triple screen support to the sim and are planning on working on it once VR was up and running.

Now VR is more or less up and running i have my fingers crossed that triple screen support may come later this year if not sooner, please !

Jason.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back