Really need better triple monitor support for RaceRoom

So I have triple monitors and typically had them adjusted at about 20 degrees. Most high end sims (IRacing and Assetto Corsa) allow me to set the monitor angle giving a great experience. However, I have been working with other sims also of the RFactor/Rfactor2 type and understand those sims are fixed to 45.

Therefore, to optimize my system I have moved my monitors to 45 degrees and really enjoy it.

Unfortunately now, RaceRoom is messed up for me. I think for full screen settings the monitor angle is about 30 deg, but can't change it in the sim. Also don't want to move my monitors around everytime I want to get into RaceRoom (I have a custom built full racing seat setup and not sure I want to go the path of multi adjustable monitor angles. I really need better triple monitor support from RaceRoom. I am new to it, am getting more into it, but I am hesitating relative to the triple monitor support.

One other question though, how does it detect triple monitors? I have my setup with NVidia Surround, so my display resolution is 48:9, 5912X1080 Bexel Corrected. But unless the sim know to multi-view the three monitors, is it just presenting a flat image at 5912X1080? In that case the one item I saw that said the default was 30 deg isn't necessarily true. I would think 30 deg and 45 are close enough but I am getting the sense that the image is almost flat across the span.

Help....

Couple weeks you say? Is R3E adding triple support in a couple weeks?

PCars on May 7th. I'm sure it will have some bugs and glitches, as all modern software seems to have, but it seems set to be a fairly complete package right out of the gate. Well, at least in comparison to R3E or AC.

iRacing is far from finished. They forgot to add the joy of driving.
I fully agree with this statement. :thumbsup:

Ahh yes - Pcars -- I plan to buy that ... it looks great ... even if the driving model isn't the best (I have no idea if it is ... some say it isn't ... some say it is), if the driving is convincing enough ... everything else looks very convincing (day / night cycles, rain, cars available, car models, graphics) ... it will provide many hours of fun I think.

Unfortunately this game does not offer any triple screen adjustments other than resolution and aspect ratio. So it is one flat image across 3 screens. It has no triple screen settings like AC, iRacing does nor does it even have the basic rFactor 'Multiview' setting. It is a shame as this game deserves better triple screen support.
especially since this used to be free sim game is now wanting more cash for everything released just wait soon they will charge us to add in multi view.

and sorry to be a whinning turd but is there not too many ffb options in rr AC and i racing hasnt got them and they feel awsome with csw v2 and other fanatec stuff im driving with but RR just shakes when i have steering dead center unless i hold on for dear life if anyone can help rotation of car and my wheel are in snyc at 900 cheers

especially since this used to be free sim game is now wanting more cash for everything released just wait soon they will charge us to add in multi view.

Everything that was free is still free, and they've never charged for basic features. Nothing has changed there. Charging for new content is how they make money, and making money is typically the main goal for any business. The business/pay model for R3E is what it is, which isn't ideal but it's not likely to change any time soon. If one is displeased with the model, luckily there are plenty of cheaper sim options available.

well instead of charging for the new content how about fixing what had already been realeased. Tested on 1920 x 1080 properly been doneshould have been with triple monitors in mind 5760 x 1080 like i racing which i am a paid member thanks with all content cause its worth paying for i am positive that it would recieve more attention but when people like your self put up with dodgy aspect ratio why should the game be changed maybe one day you will afford 3 screens then know just what it looks like

PCars on May 7th. I'm sure it will have some bugs and glitches, as all modern software seems to have, but it seems set to be a fairly complete package right out of the gate. Well, at least in comparison to R3E or AC.

I fully agree with this statement. :thumbsup:
After reading your comments on i racing i no longer give <SNIP>
MOD-Edit: Mutual respect between the people using the RaceDepartment.com website(s) and forums. Malicious behavior and bullying will not be tolerated.

Last edited by a moderator:
The thing to remember here is that the GFX engine of R3E is positively ancient.
Not even sure trip-screen support is possible with it, but I'm no programmer so take that with a grain of salt.

What everybody seems to forget is that the dev-cycle of R3E was rather convoluted to say the least.
It was designed mainly for show-rooms, race-events and the like with a fixed booth and quick in'n'out races.
It was never meant to be a hard-core sim, and thus was never developed as such. Which is why we find ourselves with a few glaring holes in the package, such as no trip-screen, no set-ups (until recently), very little in the way of telemetry and so on.
They are working on it though, and we are slowly getting the features we're used to from other sims.

Besides, I can find fault with every sim I own, some more than others.
There's no such thing as a perfect sim, since every simmer wants something particular out of it.
So it becomes a question of what you're looking for, and which sim can provide that experience the best way.
There doesn't need to be One Sim To Rule Them All. ;)

Tonight I had three failures to start the game, but in the end I succeeded and had a very exiting race with my Dutch club GRRT.

I regard those hiccups in the software symbolic for the technical challenge to put a car on the track.

And racing with it is a great experience, and quite a handful for me without worrying about some alleged missing features.

The thing to remember here is that the GFX engine of R3E is positively ancient.
Not even sure trip-screen support is possible with it, but I'm no programmer so take that with a grain of salt.

What everybody seems to forget is that the dev-cycle of R3E was rather convoluted to say the least.
It was designed mainly for show-rooms, race-events and the like with a fixed booth and quick in'n'out races.
It was never meant to be a hard-core sim, and thus was never developed as such. Which is why we find ourselves with a few glaring holes in the package, such as no trip-screen, no set-ups (until recently), very little in the way of telemetry and so on.
They are working on it though, and we are slowly getting the features we're used to from other sims.

Besides, I can find fault with every sim I own, some more than others.
There's no such thing as a perfect sim, since every simmer wants something particular out of it.
So it becomes a question of what you're looking for, and which sim can provide that experience the best way.
There doesn't need to be One Sim To Rule Them All. ;)
thanks for your info so its believed to be in the pipe line is it for triple screen support really frustrating id like to put more cash into this game but not as it is not getting the full interior car feel stupid i know but i do like to see the car beside me if possible not to be so far forward on passenger screen that i have no passenger window because i need to be so close forward to get same feel as i racing thanks again.

Add me to the list of people for whom the lack of triple-screen support is a massive disappointment. It's a pity, because there's much to like about R3E but I find myself heading elsewhere now that I'm used to the immersion of 3 screens.

For me, at my current settings the "stretch" isn't too bad in Raceroom... BUT after messing with the triple screen options in AC more, I've been spoiled and would definitely like to see them in Raceroom eventually.

My ten cents worth and i know it will annoy some of you guys , but the demographics of end users show that triple screen users are a very small percentage of the people that play , S3e is developing the game for raceroom so its not even there baby ;
from the original concept of the game to what we have now are very different beasts , S3e has from my view negotiated towards a much more sim based game , with more and more features comming through ....
But with a small team trying to unlock or create things within the game that was never in the initial design brief it will take time ... and seeing as every sim racer is shouting for one thing or another to be added to the game to make it "real' then it becomes almost an impossible task ; as they will have deadlines and contractual obligations to release content etc from both Raceroom and partners of Raceroom .
I personally have seen in the last few years this game move forward in leaps and bounds and although it has many things missing the racing is still good and fun ...
So im sure one day the game will have everything everyone needs but i dont see it happening in a blink of an eye ..

Andi

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back