Realistic settings for Neck FX

Misc Realistic settings for Neck FX 1.3

Login or Register an account to download this content
DiscoJoe submitted a new resource:

Realistic settings for Neck FX in TrackIR - Brilliant for slower cars to get a better sense of speed

I trawled the internet for some explanation of these settings, but with a lack of success went ahead and spent way too much time both figuring it out and adjusting them to my liking. But I eventually found it quite realistic and immersive in the end.

For some cars it's a bit too much, while for others it can be underwhelming. These settings look to find that middle ground where it suits most cars reasonably well. It needs a couple of tweaks for F1 for example, so here's a quick translation...

Read more about this resource...

Did you found this video?

The different functions are pretty well explained.

I'm too lazy to have done something complex, and I'm pretty happy with my quick and dirty settings. I will try yours.

Did you found this video?

The different functions are pretty well explained.

I'm too lazy to have done something complex, and I'm pretty happy with my quick and dirty settings. I will try yours.
Ah, haven't seen that one. Anyways, it was nice to play around with the settings and understand them properly. I updated to v1.1, it's a significant improvement so make sure you try it and I'd love some feedback on how it's working for you

Ah, haven't seen that one. Anyways, it was nice to play around with the settings and understand them properly. I updated to v1.1, it's a significant improvement so make sure you try it and I'd love some feedback on how it's working for you
I need to find the time to test it, maybe this weekend.

For those who don't want the other CSP settings to be affected, you can edit the ini file by taking example on the one present in:

Documents\Assetto Corsa\cfg\extension\neck.ini
Created when you modify something in the Neck FX section.

Basically you just have to delete the functions that don't concern Neck FX and remove "NECK:" from the header. Rename the file and replace the original and make a backup of the CSP configuration in CM if needed.

Last edited:
Edited, save as neck.ini and place in:

Documents\Assetto Corsa\cfg\extension

[BASIC]
ENABLED=1

[LOOKAHEAD]
GAIN=0

[ALIGNMENT_BASE]
ALIGN_WITH_STEERING_FILTER_SPEED=0
VERTICAL_AXIS_SPEED=15
ALIGN_WITH_STEERING_TILT_MIX=1
ALIGN_WITH_STEERING_TILT_INVERSE=1
ALIGN_WITH_VELOCITY_FILTER_SPEED=15
ALIGN_WITH_VELOCITY_TILT_INVERSE=1
ALIGN_WITH_VELOCITY=0
ALIGN_WITH_STEERING=0
G_TILT_X=1

[GFORCES_BASE]
SLOW_GAIN=-0.12, 0.08, 0.09
SLOW_SPEED=10, 2, 2.5
FAST_MULT=-1.5, -0.04, -0.25
FAST_FADE=0.8

Last edited:
DiscoJoe updated Realistic settings for Neck FX with a new update entry:

Updated to only affect Neck FX. Also, some additional minor tweaks.

Just unzip, then drag and drop "Neck FX for TrackIR" into the Content Manager window.

I've lessened the amount of movement of the upper body as it was slightly too much at times. These are mainly the "Fast response multiplier" settings, but they affect each other so some minor changes to "Slow response gain" as well.

Read the rest of this update entry...

Hello I can't find "Neck FX for TrackIR" in the Content Manager at NecFx
Hi! I've updated the installation guide in the description. Basically just unzip the downloaded folder and drag and drop one of the two settings into the Content Manager window. Could you give it a go again with the new method? And let me know if you have any trouble with it.

• Deleted member 1066209

Thank you for providing setting descriptions. I'm bewildered that NeckFX was released without those, which makes tuning it very overwhelming. I also could not find any other info on the internet, so I greatly appreciate your contribution.

I would like to edit the settings myself into the neck fx menu manually How can I do that? I don't want to drag and drop
You can just open the file in a text editor software like the notepad app on Windows and look at the settings there if you wanna do it manually I think it's understandable from reading the text, although some of the text is simplified.

Last edited:
@oldjack I'll try to send you a clickable link when I'm at the computer next time around. I'm not allowed to post links in the description but I'm sure I can PM them to you.

You could also follow this advice if you wanna try one other thing:
You can just open the file in a text editor software like the notepad app on Windows and look at the settings there if you wanna do it manually I think it's understandable from reading the text, although some of the text is simplified.

Last edited:
Hi, i testing the Race version,but when i brake in example with a f1 car the head almost flip forward and down lol, what setting i have to change for lessener this effect?
thanks in advance

Last edited:
Hi, i testing the Race version,but when i brake in example with a f1 car the head almost flip forward and down lol, what setting i have to change for lessener this effect?
thanks in advance
Hi! Haha, yeah that's to be expected really. The settings are trying to simulate a normally strong neck pretty much. You can simply change the "Tilt with X G-force" and "Tilt with Z G-force". Especially the Z one in your case, but probably both. This is a percentage, try lowering both to maybe 50% or possibly more.

Hi! Haha, yeah that's to be expected really. The settings are trying to simulate a normally strong neck pretty much. You can simply change the "Tilt with X G-force" and "Tilt with Z G-force". Especially the Z one in your case, but probably both. This is a percentage, try lowering both to maybe 50% or possibly more.
Ok thanks mate, for the rest is a fantastic addition to the sim!

Latest News

To join the OverTake Racing Club races I want them to be: (multiple choice)

• Free to access

Votes: 140 85.9%
  • Better structured events

Votes: 27 16.6%
  • Better structured racing club forum

Votes: 25 15.3%
  • More use of default game content

Votes: 20 12.3%
  • More use of fixed setups

Votes: 50 30.7%
  • No 3rd party registration pages

Votes: 58 35.6%