Real life video footage of confirmed Assetto Corsa cars

Bram Hengeveld

Site Founder
Staff
Premium
Hampus made a great post here with all the current confirmed cars. I would like to dedicate this thread to all the real life counterparts of the confirmed cars.

If you can find a nice (onboard) lap on Youtube or Vimeo please post them below and mention the full name of the car.

At least we have something nice to listen to when we patiently kill the time waiting for Assetto Corsa :)

Guys, turn up the volume

Ferrari 458 Italia on board at Monza. I love how this car just effortlessly goes sideways. Can't wait to do this in AC

And also, this gem of a video...(I know it's a "Spider")

Fantastic finds, esp the Chris Harris review. I've been dying to see how the 458 copes with being thrown about by a hooligan and these videos really do that some justice...

One question surfaces, however. In Ferrari Virtual Academy the 458 doesn't like to be chucked about and drifts quite badly (very snappy, unpredictable and hard to catch). I can't tell if this is because the steering wheel lock is very low in game, if it's an overly grippy tire model or if Harris just has the hands of God, but it doesn't behave anything like the 458 in the vids when attempting to oversteer !!!! I hope the 458 in AC is more akin to what we've seen in the vids!

Soz for quick off topic!

One question surfaces, however. In Ferrari Virtual Academy the 458 doesn't like to be chucked about and drifts quite badly (very snappy, unpredictable and hard to catch). I can't tell if this is because the steering wheel lock is very low in game, if it's an overly grippy tire model or if Harris just has the hands of God, but it doesn't behave anything like the 458 in the vids when attempting to oversteer !!!! I hope the 458 in AC is more akin to what we've seen in the vids!

You're comparing two different cars (and also two different sims but that's another issue). The FVA 458 model is the challenge race car with extremely stiff suspension made to go fast and slick tyres, with quite high grip. Not so easy to drift.

The Assetto Corsa announced car is a street car, with "street" tyres (I put it in "" because they are almost semislick compound, particular tyres). If you want to see if the car drifts in AC, you can have a look in our presentation trailer ;)

You're comparing two different cars (and also two different sims but that's another issue). The FVA 458 model is the challenge race car with extremely stiff suspension made to go fast and slick tyres, with quite high grip. Not so easy to drift.

The Assetto Corsa announced car is a street car, with "street" tyres (I put it in "" because they are almost semislick compound, particular tyres). If you want to see if the car drifts in AC, you can have a look in our presentation trailer ;)

Top banana. That explains a lot, thanks for the info, I didn't realise the fva 458 wasn't stock!

I'm hoping to have semi slick and street tires as options ;) it would be similar (ish) to owning the vintage & vintage replica - both very different cars aside from tires, but slicks must be a huge part of the difference. I guess rain tyres could also be added with the weather update in future

I'm willing to buy you several tastey beverages if you can make this happen!

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back