RDTV: Symdeck GCR1000 Motion Platform Review

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
RDTV checks out a very unique motion platform solution from British company Symdeck - The Symdeck GCR 1000.

Having recently taken delivery of the GCR1000 motion platform from Symdeck, I set about testing this all-in-one sim racing solution to see how it stacks up with a number of popular racing games. Coming complete with the latest Xbox console, Thrustmaster hardware, a base shaker, 5 point surround sound speakers and a 40 inch UHD TV, I had everything necessary to give myself a very solid impression of what Symdeck have to offer with this unique motion solution.

Want to know how I got on, and my thoughts and impressions from the two weeks I had to try out the hardware? Check the video at the head of this article to find out!

Find out more about Symdeck and the GCR1000 HERE.

Like what we do here at RaceDepartment? Follow us on Social Media!

More companies that bring out motion rigs, the better.:thumbsup: I keep looking and finding more choices. I was leaning toward the Next Level V3 until I saw the DOF Reality. Now DOF is at the top of my got to have list!

Upvote 0
Watching the detailed review by Paul, I got the feeling you would have to sit in it while driving to get a sense what the to and fro movements add to the experience, had a hard time picturing the effect just watching a video. Paul's review seemed to say there was more than meets the eye.

Upvote 0
I used 6 of the same shakers already (Sinustec BS250), because they cost only 30 Euros here in Germany plus additional 50 for the amp. But i replaced two shakers against a Buttkicker Concert, because it's way more powerful than even four of these shakers and literally kicks ass, especially with my spring-loaded rig. The remaining four shakers are in quadrophonic SimVibe Chassis mode and simulate each tyre, to get more of a 3D-experience. Next i will buy the SimXperience GS-5, that likely simulates more than 1 DOF of an electric wheel-chair.

Upvote 0

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back