RDTV: Symdeck GCR1000 Motion Platform Review

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
RDTV checks out a very unique motion platform solution from British company Symdeck - The Symdeck GCR 1000.

Having recently taken delivery of the GCR1000 motion platform from Symdeck, I set about testing this all-in-one sim racing solution to see how it stacks up with a number of popular racing games. Coming complete with the latest Xbox console, Thrustmaster hardware, a base shaker, 5 point surround sound speakers and a 40 inch UHD TV, I had everything necessary to give myself a very solid impression of what Symdeck have to offer with this unique motion solution.

Want to know how I got on, and my thoughts and impressions from the two weeks I had to try out the hardware? Check the video at the head of this article to find out!

Find out more about Symdeck and the GCR1000 HERE.

Like what we do here at RaceDepartment? Follow us on Social Media!

Less expensiv.

ZBINbV6.gif

Upvote 0
The motion on that thing is a joke, it's like an old man gently rocking you to sleep. I get more motion out of a fart. And the price is ridiculous. Totally pointless product in my opinion.

Upvote 0
  • Deleted member 6919

Well don't know if it's been setup badly but it's really cramp and low, personally I would knee protectors, Paul's eye line is the top of the screen, and overall it looks and move horrible, but I guess when you get a freebie at home your review anything..

Upvote 0
Well don't know if it's been setup badly but it's really cramp and low, personally I would knee protectors, Paul's eye line is the top of the screen, and overall it looks and move horrible, but I guess when you get a freebie at home your review anything..
He's 6ft 5, and to me it looked like he could move the seat back a bit - maybe / maybe not.

Looks like they're targeting console users . It's a no from me anyway.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I`ve got a next level V2 platform. Less than half the price and far more immersive with my two buttkickers and simvibe than this waltzer. MEH!!

The product that 'competes' with the NL V2 or V3 is around £1000 cheaper than the V3.
GCR 1000 = £1,439
NLR V3 average price = £2,400

PJ reviewed their full solution but they do sell just the base. I think I'd still prefer the NLR V2 / V3 though :D

Upvote 0
Yes just to be clear, I’m running the full out of the box solution, so that’s Xbox, motion platform, 40” TV, base shaker, fans x2 and wheel, pedals and shifter. The base alone can be purchased and your own rig added, but at present works with just TM hardware. Fanatec and Logitech support is on the way.

I admit, this isn’t something one can compare with a full motion setup, it’s a different experience all together, but the idea of breaking and accelerating movement, coupled with the shaker and the gear shift jolt, is a solid experience.

For me personally I would much rather have full motion, but the ease of use and relative lack of space it takes up, coupled with console support, I can imagine makes for an appealing option for some gamers....

Upvote 0
Oh and to add, the screen height is adjustable but I didn’t do it for the review, although with my height, getting the wheel at the right place compared to the monitor would be a compromise, I like my monitor sat on top of my wheel base right beind the rim, which isn’t possible with this setup as the wheel is attached to a moveable tray, that cannot be configured around the monitor sadly...

Upvote 0

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 291 15.3%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 201 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 197 10.4%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 143 7.5%
  • < 5 years