RDSTL S1 - Super Touring League (GTR Evolution)

Status
Not open for further replies.
  • What do you think about the choice of cars (WTCC Extreme)?
Great choice, really enjoyed the close racing

• What do you think about the choice of tracks?
Good choice of custom tracks but didn't like the stock ones

• What do you think about the (varying) race length?
Yes but some of the races were too long like the 250k

• What do you think about the league setup regarding teams and drivers?
Best way to do it, a lot better driving in a team

• Would you like a second season just like this one?
Prefer a GT league with just pro's

• What else do you have to say about this season?
Great fun, thanks for organizing and WD to phil.

* What do you think about the choice of cars (WTCC Extreme)?
Not a lot, find them to be a bit boreing, quick but arcade like and not near as interesting as the Evo GT class, Caterhams or Camaro. Yes you can get some close racing but you can get that with nearly every car. GT cars you can have great battles with different makes of cars on the track and the caterhams or camaro can be that tricky it can be easy to make mistakes and make practice all the more interesting but these just do not have the same excitement to them, fine for a quick blast now and again but for a league well :wilt: i would be happy enough if i never drove one again.

* What do you tihnk about the choice of tracks?
So so, Oschersleben i found an odd choice as the cars hardly got a chance to get going, great track for Mini's or Clios or other small slower cars. Would of liked to have seen some longer straights to get some slipstream at high speed going.

* What do you think about the (varying) race length?
Not a lot to say there when all the cars have the same fuel consumption, tyre wear and tank size then there is going to be very little to choose from with pit strategies, this is where gtr2 or rfactor scores in enduro or mini enduro races where the choice of tyre can really make an interesting race with lots of different pit options, but in race07/on/evo or whatever branding it is getting now we are all like sheep where one goes in then the rest follow unless the distance is set where it might be possible to splash n dash or short shift for a lap or 2 can make it a lot more interesting.

* What do you think about the league setup regarding teams and drivers?
Worked well for the bulk of the time, but the choice of car made it difficult to recruit a spare driver now and again, but we still managed to field 2 drivers for all races.

* Would you like a second season just like this one?
With the same car no.

* What else do you have to say about this season?
Had some good fun races but found the car just too boring to practice much for any race.

• Michael Myslek

What do you think about the choice of cars (WTCC Extreme)?
I like this car. But i prefer to run with realistics cars (wtcc extrem dosn't exist in real life). So, DTM its more fun, but it's my personnal choice.

What do you tihnk about the choice of tracks?
God choice for the tracks, i don't like zhuhai because i think it's difficult with wtcc extrem car.

What do you think about the (varying) race length?
I like race length. It's different in every race, and it'l very interessant

What do you think about the league setup regarding teams and drivers?
It's good, but D1 is faster than D2, but it's normal ^^

Would you like a second season just like this one?
Yes

What else do you have to say about this season?
This season is so fun, but it's a shame that for two race, only 13 or 15 pilote on the server for the race...

PS: Sorry for my English...^^

•What do you think about the choice of cars (WTCC Extreme)?
For me I knew they would be above my skill level, but it seemed a good opportunity to improve my driving.S2000 cars are my preference.

•What do you think about the choice of tracks?
Fine, unlike others I preferred Brands and Oschersleben

•What do you think about the (varying) race length?
I liked it provided the race length allowed for varied strategies

•What do you think about the league setup regarding teams and drivers?
I like that too, more pressure not to fail.

•Would you like a second season just like this one?
I would do a second season, provided I was demoted to lower league.

•What else do you have to say about this season?
Superpole doesn't suit me at all, I’m usually too careful hence too slow.
I'd like to thank Wido Rossen & Mark Guy for all their efforts without which the Team would have finished bottom of the league.
Additional note: My favorite RD championship was the WTCC where we qualified in a Test track for our initial Group and were promoted or demoted depending on our race finish position. But I understand the work it gives Admin.

Well it's a bit late, but I'd like to thank everyone for making this an enjoyable season for the 1st RDSTL. I'm not sure what format it will take in it's 2nd season (if there is one), but hopefully I'll be a part of it again.

I've taken a lot from what I've learnt here in my 2nd league season here at RD (the only leagues I've ever run in) and I felt I managed to improve myself a little bit more. I had a decent first season in the RDTCC in the S2000's (finished 4th overall), but I was hoping to do better this time with the Extremes as they suit me better.

Division 2 proved to be very competitive and had the potential to have gone right down to the wire. Ben Tusting was a little too quick for this division and had he been a runner in all 7 races then he would of been Champion. The real battle was with Myself, Michel Salvador, Dan Coldrick and Johan Barlatier for the top spot and some exciting battles close behind as well.

Johan unfortunately had connection issues in rounds 2 & 3 which ruined his chances. Dan was consistant in each round, but found himself fighting his way back up the pack more often than he would have liked. Michel and myself were virtually following each other home in most races.

Upto round 5 at Brands I'd finished in 1st, 2nd, 2nd and 3rd. Michel had finished 2nd, 3rd, 3rd and 2nd, so we were pretty close in points. Ben had racked up 3 max scores at rounds 2,3 & 4 so was also closing. Round 5 was Michels and my chance to drop Ben a bit as he was not running. The race should have been a battle between myself, Michel, Dan and Johan, but I made a big mistake whilst running 2nd to Dan and later damaged my car quite badly and limped home in 8th. Dan went onto to record a 1 - 2 with team mate Michel. Michel had now taken the lead of the championship that I'd held from round 1 by 4 points. Based on the fact we'd finished every round prior to Brands next to each other this had the potential to take us down to a very close finish. Sadly Michel missed round 6 due to a temporary ban :( and I came home in 2nd at Istanbul to retake the lead by 13 points. I'd hoped Michel would run in round 7 as otherwise the championship would have been won b4 I'd turned a wheel, but unfortunately he had announced his absence. Ben went on to dominate the race and I made a bad tactical decision which meant that 3rd would be the best I could manage.

Though I won the title I do feel it was more by Default than through being the best. Ben was much quicker over a race. Though some qualifying laps were close I wasn't up to his pace at most rounds he took part in. Michel was my nearest and closest rival and I wish we could have duked it out to the end, but I've certainly found a person who I can look forward to racing again in Michel as he is a gr8 guy:). Johan was denied a chance of doing better as he could well of pushed us to.

Dan as ever is a worthy competitor in any car and his team WSR were by far the best match up in the league consistantly racking up big points.

So all in all a very good season slightly let down by poor grid sizes towards the end:(.

My first league title which will probably be my only one for some time, but I've taken a lot away from this league which I hope I can build on in the future:)

Thank you to RD and to guys who helped organize and run this league and well done to Peter for winning Division 1:good:.

• Michel Salvador

WD phil for the champ :) and for us team champ really dint expect that when we start RDSTL me + dan .Sry to dissapoint few ppl of my lack interest in the last races ,,,but we all enjoy at least rest of season .Thx to all drivers.
DIV 1 grats peter , big thx to joao for practice session:)

Big thx to RD ,Yoeri,chris.

What do you think about the choice of cars (WTCC Extreme)?
After some funevents here on RD i liked to see them in a league. For me was great racing, only that we had big gaps between first and last takes a littlebit the thrilling in race.

•What do you think about the choice of tracks?
I think the big tracks from formula one (Istanbul, Nürburgring or Barcelona) fit´s very good to the car. For sure small tracks have also his challange, but tracks like Oschersleben or Estoril have only the start finish straight for overtaking, on other places was not much room with to cars side by side.

•What do you think about the (varying) race length?
I like the varying cause of resulting different strategies. You had always to look how much tyre wear you have and how long can i drive. With min two stop races we had every race different strategies what ptoduce nice races.

•What do you think about the league setup regarding teams and drivers?
That´s cool, only that we had no full field at the end althought there was reserve driver and reserve team give´s me thinking. And such dominate teams like Peter and Marcin should be forbidden .-)

•Would you like a second season just like this one?
Why not, if there is enought interesting teams then we should make another one. Current for the first three teams of div. 2 would it be nice i would say. And if we get no full field for div 2, maybe it´s possible to make their season shorter that they only shows the climber for next one. But is every addicted from how much teams are in.

•What else do you have to say about this season?
I think the concept of up and downs is really auspicious also for other leagues like the new WTCC. I remember we had four full grids at my first WTCC league in 2008, so this would be 4 divisions. To have more leagues in a row with drivers go up and down would be really interesting for me. Maybe the class could switched from season to season but the driver could stay. But also this could be with WTCC cars, i think there are much interst for it like 2008 with more then 100 driver.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back