RDSTL S1 - Super Touring League (GTR Evolution)

Status
Not open for further replies.
seriously pissed off. my game didnt crash, but it just stopped without me knowing now I cant join the race. I qualified fine ...piece of crap.

Well anyway, this concludes my racing in the RD leagues now for a while, I'm gonna be iRacing now until GT5.

Good luck to all of you and see you in GT5!

Unluck here as well! My engine blew off and I have no idea why.

Am using Real Time Telemetry on a second screen, saw it suddenly to be at 1%, when it reached 0% it went off and steam....

The only thing that I could imagine, the lap before I went in T1 over the curb, did the game think I scratched my oil thing or what ever?!?!?!?

Anybody an idea?

Anyway finished my race in lap 6 :(.

Nice race :). I took the pole with small time difference to Andreas Loffler. First 2 stints i was driving in economy mode :). With shifting at 9000 i was able to save fuel and pulling away little by little. Andreas had 3 stop strategy and when he pitted first time i know that the race is my :) In 3 stint i pushed a litlle on first laps to make a fastest lap and the rest of the race i drived steady to the finish :first: :)
Thanks for good racing guys and RD for this league.

Quali in P5 I think with a very bad lap, but I thought I had a good strategy.

In race I overtook Joao and I could keep up with the top 3, but my strategy was to pit in lap 5, have fresher tyres for ~10 laps and have a free track. Afther the pitstop I was last, but I catched up pretty easily, I had to overtake some people quite risky because I was 3 seconds a lap faster and for my strategy to work I couldnt loose any time behind them. Then I was about to lap Nigel Atkins in the hairpin, and I brake so much later that I couldn't go to the inside anymore when he made went wide to make room... Bit of a unlucky mistake :(... lost 6 seconds there which I was behind Mikael after the second pitstop. In the last stint I had a battle with Joao who I hit too, was my mistake, but there was noone behind us so I waited for him and later he made a mistake and I was able to overtake him. I couldn't close the gap to Jari anymore so in the end it was P5...

Was pretty cool to see the different strategy's on this track :) Nice season finale, maybe all races should have this length!

Cool race. Had a hour of practice because i took Mehmet his place at the last moment

Q: 10th. Superpole. :angry:

Race:

I followed Nigel and Terry and had a little gap to Bjorn.
I was also on the TBR strategy (3 stops) and it really paid off. With fresh tyres i had a nice pace and was faster then my Practice times. After the third pitstop i was 8th was and took 7th en ended the race there. To bad there where only 13th drivers for the season final. But had a fun race.

Thanks for racing guys. :)

Qualy: Did a clean lap and got P2 close behind Marcin, but i´m a bit afraid because with more risk maybe i had could find the half tens to him. So loose the last chance for the pole-point.

Race: We talk about the strategy in TS and wasn´t thinking it reaches for 50 laps. My calc did say max 48 laps, so we decide to make a 3 stopper with equal stints.
I fill up the car to 70 litres at start and could hold the gap to marcin at about 1 sec but i couldn´t really attack him. Fill in every stop 50 litres which cost 28 sec with tyre change. And with new tyres i could close a littlebit the gap to the first Marcin. After he pitted i had 10 sec to him and after second pit it was 20 sec ,so overall it was too less to give Marcin more pressure because my last stop cost me 50 sec, so one more stop coasted too much time that this strategy could work.
But it works to Jari in third but because of a little spin (wanted push for fastest lap but loose it with 2 tenth to Marcin) i had to fight again to get P2 back. Also Mikael could overtake him to a great :second: and :third: for the team.
So well done Marcin for hatrick (PP, FL, win) and Thank You all which was there to racing together the final race.
Great league RD, Thanks for organisation and setup the server.

:yo:

I'm quite the reliable team owner, aren't I? :neutral:

I set my alarm, as always, and went to bed early last night so that I could get up in time. The alarm went off, I switched it off, prepared to get up and do some simracing, and promptly fell straight back asleep. :teeth:
I was at least hoping to make the race. I extend my sincere apologies to Yoeri, Chris, my teammates and all mothers involved for my slackness. I've made the decision to retire from European league racing - it just takes too much of a toll on me now.

Hope you guys had a fun race, and here's to a great first season of RDSTL. :beer:

Div 2

This is final race,not more practice,the lap time so slow on qualify,:snail:
Qualify: 1:52'660 on lap 10 start,

Race:
Formation after,on T1,mistake:poop:,this is my second time on RDSTL mistake,too bad:handcuffs:,ok,i on the last to go,run more lap,see the Window7 Chevrolet is very lag,pass him after,i see M.Myselk & B.Ling,catch them more lap:welcome:,very closing:thanks:,is very nice race:cheer2:,this will be made the movie :film:,

Now,wait for next season :waiting:

:Banane35:Mtommi

Qualy: Did a clean lap and got P2 close behind Marcin, but i´m a bit afraid because with more risk maybe i had could find the half tens to him. So loose the last chance for the pole-point.

Race: We talk about the strategy in TS and wasn´t thinking it reaches for 50 laps. My calc did say max 48 laps, so we decide to make a 3 stopper with equal stints.
I fill up the car to 70 litres at start and could hold the gap to marcin at about 1 sec but i couldn´t really attack him. Fill in every stop 50 litres which cost 28 sec with tyre change. And with new tyres i could close a littlebit the gap to the first Marcin. After he pitted i had 10 sec to him and after second pit it was 20 sec ,so overall it was too less to give Marcin more pressure because my last stop cost me 50 sec, so one more stop coasted too much time that this strategy could work.
But it works to Jari in third but because of a little spin (would push for fastest lap but loose it with 2 tenth to Marcin) i had to fight again to get P2 back. Also Mikael could overtake him to a great :second: and :third: for the team.
So well done Marcin for hatrick (PP, FL, win) and Thank You all which was there to racing together the final race.
Great league RD, Thanks for organisation and setup the server.

:yo:

What was Server1's pole time?

what a frustrating race.

Got hit by my teammate in t1 and lost some places, that i would have lost later on anyway. No damage done so i only lost my rhythm by driving with the pack.

Nurburgring is very unforgiving and i did couple of mistakes by trying too hard, but still managed to be consistently ahead of G. Petersson and that was where i aimed to be, as the rest of the pack seemed to be much faster (setup issue maybe too).

After first pit, the problems started to show - my wheel is giving up. The straight line was no longer straight line, but a +-3 degrees turn in both directions randomly. Also when downshifting, i sometimes downshift twice, instantly, and that caused me a spin or two, plus some nervousness and angry feeling.

And as the problems were not getting better, after the final spin, i decided that it is time to get away from the track to not hit anyone unintentionally.

:crying:

Great league, had great fun in some races, but the choice of tracks was not suiting me that much ;-)

So thanks to the organizers for organizing and well, being perfect organizers :fwd::fwd::fwd:

RDSTL S1 - Evaluation (please respond!!!)

Hello,

The first season is at an end. We hope you have enjoyed it. Now that the season is over we'd like to have you input on a number of things so that we can decide whether there is going to be a season 2 and what it should look like.

Please respond to the following question:

• What do you think about the choice of cars (WTCC Extreme)?
  • What do you tihnk about the choice of tracks?
  • What do you think about the (varying) race length?
  • What do you think about the league setup regarding teams and drivers?
  • Would you like a second season just like this one?
  • What else do you have to say about this season?
Thanks for you input!

I would like to make my apologies to you drivers and teams about my somewhat changeable dedication to this league with regards to organisation. I was available much less than I anticipated which caused the league to become somewhat basic in time and eventually needed the help of Christopher Aponte to continue. My thanks go to him for his support.

Would there be a next season, then David Buxton, another talented league organiser at RaceDepartment, will take over. I will resign as league director due to changing occupation. I'm sure this competition is in good hands when he takes over.

Thank you for racing RDSTL Season 1! :blowkiss:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play