RDRC Season 4 - General discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
lol, sorry I was in a bad mood when I wrote that.

The M3 is not included for the same reason the Renault 5 Turbo and A7K cars are not included, they are too fast. and/or difficult to drive. this class is meant to be for fun.

I may sound mean, but:

Am I the only one that thinks that the Hatchback Subarus(Prodrive, URT) are damn ugly? Always liked it in the McRae, Burns and Solberg times, but the one they introduced later just wrecks the name.

Same goes for the new Skyline, it's damn ugly. Dunno why the Japanese killed them. I hope the Lancer doesn't have the same fate...

lol, sorry I was in a bad mood when I wrote that.

The M3 is not included for the same reason the Renault 5 Turbo and A7K cars are not included, they are too fast. and/or difficult to drive. this class is meant to be for fun.

I understood that, didn't take any offence though! :)

I didn't find the Gr.H M3 much faster than other cars (the Gr.A is fast though). But fair enough :) I'm starting to have a lack of time to decide what to do this season now. I wasn't prepared to jump to grade 1.

David: Totally agree, and in my opinion the Evo X already has the same fate...
Ole Marius: Hehe, I guess that means congratulations on your grading event!

By the way, any reason the Group A Mitsubishis are not allowed? In real life the Evo 6 Group A competed (and actually won) against the 1999 WRC cars which are allowed for this championship.

Okay, Warren pointed out that, as usual, RSRBR Update 03 is scheduled to be released this weekend :)

To avoid any possible issues, it is recommended that you DO NOT update before driving in your Round 1 session.

I just have to apologize to the admin team of RDRC for making the work with my grading rally. I asked for it to get the chance to drive in my good old SEAT, but as I got pushed to grade 1, I have to drive a perfect rally with a Focus or C4 to even have a theoretical chance of a fine result. In light of that, I decided to drive in the 2WD cup instead, which I could easily have done with my Grade 3. Again, I'm sorry for the extra work, that ended up being to no use at all, I just didn't expect to be moved to Grade 1.

I just have to apologize to the admin team of RDRC for making the work with my grading rally. I asked for it to get the chance to drive in my good old SEAT, but as I got pushed to grade 1, I have to drive a perfect rally with a Focus or C4 to even have a theoretical chance of a fine result. In light of that, I decided to drive in the 2WD cup instead, which I could easily have done with my Grade 3. Again, I'm sorry for the extra work, that ended up being to no use at all, I just didn't expect to be moved to Grade 1.
No Problem :)

David: Totally agree, and in my opinion the Evo X already has the same fate...
Ole Marius: Hehe, I guess that means congratulations on your grading event!

By the way, any reason the Group A Mitsubishis are not allowed? In real life the Evo 6 Group A competed (and actually won) against the 1999 WRC cars which are allowed for this championship.

I felt we had enough cars to select from with all the WRC's. and including the A8 car packs mean I have to go through and exclude a number of them. It would have been even more messy than it already has been.

In responce to the new rule regarding stage restarts

Mark Birney said:-

But the time is rejected by RS Centre anyway if you restart.

Rick Bamford Said:-

I would prefer these conversations to be put into the general discussion thread so everyone knows rather than just for the grade.

However, it seams it is no longer rejected, that is the problem. Now, if you restart a stage it shows you as retired but the time you finally set is still used in the results not a default time. In an official rallyesim event that is not a problem, but as our rules are a little more lenient it could effect the results if we don't stop it. The rule has been put in place to avoid the issue of someone saying "But I didn't know I wasn't allowed". Now we all know where we stand.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes