RDRC Season 4 - General discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Physics for the 2011 cars won't change for the bad. They were made faster so the official teams at the official WRC Rallyesim championship could have a bigger chance of winning, after all they are the "official" teams. I really doubt they'd make them slower and make it easier for the other people to beat the official teams ;)

It's not an error, i'm pretty sure it's safe to use them without having to worry about them becoming slower

quicker up the straights for sure, but I randomly get chucked out of tweaking my setup to desktop. I am also unable to get the a11 citreon handling just as good as the a8. I admit I only tested for a very short time, but i was struggling to get the understeer sorted in the snow. lack of fancy centre dif might be the issue for me.

I tried the Mini S2000 and the driver positions is all wrong. The whole interier is wrong. Just use camhack and take a look at the wheel compared to the pedals - somebody was drunken when modeling it :D

3 (now 4) people including John seemed to have had problems in the Club Rally. Aleksi was reporting issues in practice before the event but he ran the Rally ok .

It seems to be another Stage like Sweet Lamb where a small number of people have problems but nobody has been able to work out why. :confused:

I believe that Section 4 of the Championship Rules cover this situation and I would advise anyone who is
encountering problems on Non-Original stages to make themselves aware of what the rules state on this matter.

Daniel seems to be having the same problem which isn't present in an offline session. Can members who are
having problems let us know how their PC that they are running RBR on is connected to the Internet and what sort of
connection speeds are they getting from their Internet connection. Is this only happening with online sessions or does
it happen with offline sessions.

Indeed the stage worked well when I had a try offline. On the other hand, it has happened, even offline, that the game crashes right at the beginning if I Super-rev the engine during the countdown, and I do remember doing that yesterday.
So no clear conclusion as yet, but I hope we all solve the problems we have since it would be great to use the non-original stages in the championship ;)

I don´t think it´s about internet connections, because I had a similar problem last season(can´t remember the stage though). And My internet connection has gone down many times during an online rally session and I have still always been able to send my stage times to server after I finished the stage. I think it has something to do with graphics.

Edit: Or maybe something else :p

Daniel seems to be having the same problem which isn't present in an offline session. Can members who are
having problems let us know how their PC that they are running RBR on is connected to the Internet and what sort of
connection speeds are they getting from their Internet connection. Is this only happening with online sessions or does
it happen with offline sessions.

I'd also like to see if people can provide us more info re their system crashs eg.
When did it happen (during loading, after loading but during countdown, during the Stage & when/where)?
Did it drop to Windows Desktop or to RSCenter ?

Thanks for the feedback Teemu, It's clear that a number of you have a problem but trying to address each
individual crash issue in open forum is impossible. It might be better if the issues that Daniel is having are
addressed on a one to one basis and the result of the findings (hopefully resolution) posted for everyone's
information.

I'm currently in the process of finalizing the Results programs for the Championship and don't really have the time
to devote to any analysis work - perhaps once the Championship starts and things are running smoothly I might have
a little more spare time.

i will get back to later with better info, but quickly: I did have connection probs last night, for the first time in a looooong while, so maybe.. also i upgraded my graphics card since my last run at mylinky so maybe its that too ( card is a gtx 570 and i am on vista 64 bit)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back