RDRC Season 4 - General discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Been having a think about the 2WD championship for next season. I was thinking maybe narrowing down the available cars for the championship, to tighten things up. Not saying things arn't tight now because we've had some pretty epic battles this year, but the different cars do favour different stages. So how about this...

Similar to the top flight British Championship change to R3 and R2 only. This will mean modern cars that are pretty easy to drive and forgiving but can be pretty quick in the right hands. I know this excludes a LOT of good cars in the game, but would tighten things up and hopefully attract more divers!

What are peoples opinions?

Thanks
Sion

Been having a think about the 2WD championship for next season. I was thinking maybe narrowing down the available cars for the championship, to tighten things up. Not saying things arn't tight now because we've had some pretty epic battles this year, but the different cars do favour different stages. So how about this...

Similar to the top flight British Championship change to R3 and R2 only. This will mean modern cars that are pretty easy to drive and forgiving but can be pretty quick in the right hands. I know this excludes a LOT of good cars in the game, but would tighten things up and hopefully attract more divers!

Thanks
Sion

I don't think I'll be competing next year (for reasons that involve life, not because I don't love the RDRC!) but I think that's a great idea! Your car, my car, and Ole's car are so different it's hard to tell which one of us is the best driver.

I have tryed to down load update 6 but it comes up as 12 hours to download ?
Sounds like your download speed is very slow. it is a fairly large download, but it shouldn't take that long. Maybe try a different time of day and see if your speed is quicker.

also If I start the rally with the time clock reading 3mins and I click Go do I get a penalty?

Once the countdown clock has reached "Go", you have 60 secs to start the Stage.

thanks warren will try that
Sounds like your download speed is very slow. it is a fairly large download, but it shouldn't take that long. Maybe try a different time of day and see if your speed is quicker.

so you will get a penalty then if you start before the 60 seconds then?

• Deleted member 950

Thanks
Sion
(Some typo corrected)

My suggestion will be that:
This two higher tier class (RDRC-1(A)/RDRC-2(S)) need not to change to ensure enough variety. However, I think if you need to promote new cars maybe just change in the entry class (2WD Cup and RDRC-P). Just like the national level race racing together as many WRC/IRC events. Only homologated (as according to FIA) car are available to drivers who wishes to fully take part in season. The other cars can be chosen by ungraded/spot participant (like rally club) but no points for them.

i.e. Taking 2WD Cup as example, cars not from R2/R3 may still win a race, but when in terms of calculating points, all non-R2/3 cars are excluded.

===
Which means, like that
RDRC-1 as RDRC-A : A8/A8W
RDRC-2 as RDRC-S : S2000
RDRC-P as RDRC-P : N4 cars (Season participant cannot choose cars in early 2000's like Evo6-8 or GC Impreza)
2WD Cars : R2/3 cars and else (Season participant can only choose among R2/R3)

2WD class (or maybe P class too) maybe entered by ungraded driver once only to make them being graded (but can be still ungraded), this encourage some level of mid-season participation. They can choose to turn into season driver and re-choose the car if not homologated one, providing him/her are graded not too high.

Which means, non-graded driver can still enter RDRC event races with following restrictions.
1. The can only enter only once. (i.e. their next RDRC participation must be a graded driver)
2. They can choose non-homologated cars, but if they do so, they must choose a homologated when they return. Ungraded driver already in homologated cars may still change their car.
3. No point will be counted towards them, even they drive a homologated car and keep the car when they return to race.

This rule can also apply to graded drivers who wished participate only 1 race in season, providing with strong reason.

My suggestion will be that:
This two higher tier class (RDRC-1(A)/RDRC-2(S)) need not to change to ensure enough variety. However, I think if you need to promote new cars maybe just change in the entry class (2WD Cup and RDRC-P). Just like the national level race racing together in WRC/IRC events. Only homologated (as according to FIA) car are available to drivers who wishes to fully take part in season. The other cars can be chosen by ungraded/spot participant (like rally club) but no points for them.

i.e. Taking 2WD Cup example, cars not from R2/R3 may still win a race, but when in terms of calculating points, all non-R2/3 cars are excluded.

===
Which means, like that
RDRC-1 as RDRC-A : A8/A8W
RDRC-2 as RDRC-S : S2000
RDRC-P as RDRC-P : N4 cars
2WD Cars : R2/3 cars and else

P and 2WD class maybe entered by ungraded driver once only to make them being graded, this encourage some level of mid-season participation. They can choose to turn into season driver and re-choose the car if not homologated one, providing him/her can drive on that class' car.

I like this idea a lot. Gives some diversity to the events but would keep the competition close in the championship. Losing the 2WD championship would be a big loss I think so hopefully we can drum enough support for next year!

Sion

• Deleted member 950

I like this idea a lot. Gives some diversity to the events but would keep the competition close in the championship. Losing the 2WD championship would be a big loss I think so hopefully we can drum enough support for next year!

Sion
I made some more examples in the original post. Feel free to see it.

I just being inspired by Rally Hokkaido. They were mainly in 2 championships but Arai was fielded through not in either champs.
APRC - The FIA champ, for S2000 and Group R
JRC - The National champ, Top tier only Group N but lower tiers are mere street 2wd cars stuffed with safety devices only.

Maybe I should get myself graded in offseason so I will get my new season's car choice soon. I was crashed (the RBR itself) in previous RC and can't be graded.:cry:

• Deleted member 950

Not sure I understand this Alan, but you can be graded any time by simply requesting a Grading Rally. :unsure:
That's another issue indeed, for myself, I will request a Graded rally (I need to field my own skin), but, not before Wales Rally finished due to injury recovery, so I said offseason.

My suggestions above is about newcomers next season onwards.

Actually I will made some more skin for Drivers who needs to drive but may not be available for making skin. Likely I will only make R2/R3, or other homologated car if requested. If 2WD Cup is on the way next year (prob. 1-2 skins for each car)

If there is 2WD Cup, I would still love to see RWD cars used. Or maybe a separate championship for classic cars (RWD).

I would also like to see old WRC`s back, like the ones we used in the last club rally (Battle for Brittain). I mean, its possible to use them now but its almost impossible to compete with them against the newer cars.

I agree with Viesturs, all A8 should be able to score some points; people who are in it to win it will of course choose the latest models, but that would allow other people who drive more for fun to use an older car if they would like.

This also applies to Group N cars and the 2WD cup.

Now my 2 cents: The four classes being used as per today could be called the "International" championship. Then there could be a "national" championship in tandem where ALL THE CARS available in RSRBR are eligible. This would not be split into different classes, all cars would just have an overall classification so no big merit in winning this championship, but more to allow people who cannot commit to a whole season to have some fun in a RDRC event.

Thanks for reading, hope it is of some interest ;)

Any idea about when we could see rules for Season 5 or maybe an approximate date for the start of Season 5 (first rally, maybe?) ? I do understand that you guys should take a break until start over again and all that stuff with Rick leaving us.. But Im not asking to start the season now or something, just want to know if there is any idea when it could start? :)

Any idea about when we could see rules for Season 5 or maybe an approximate date for the start of Season 5 (first rally, maybe?) ? I do understand that you guys should take a break until start over again and all that stuff with Rick leaving us.. But Im not asking to start the season now or something, just want to know if there is any idea when it could start? :)
No clue personally, nothing figured out yet. I'd guess early 2013.

As far as the rules go, it'll probably be just an evolution of the current system.
Let's figure out what drivers would like changed. Any ideas?

For car classes, I'd keep it similar. Except perhaps dropping the 2WD, since there were very few drivers interested. Maybe have a historic championship instead, those would be mostly group B cars though.

Way way too many Citroen C4s this season. Unfortunately, it can't really be fixed.
We figured we might introduce the concept of factory and private teams, which would limit the number of same cars. But limiting the car options isn't really the way to go. No point in forcing someone to drive a car they don't like; they simply won't drive at all...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes