RDRC Season 4 - General discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe we should drop the WRC year down to for example 2005. All WRC cars until that year. Would exclude C4`s, would probably make another car dominant but probably not as popular as C4 at least.

Historic championship would be nice but dropping 2WD would be a big loss in my eyes. It should be promoted as a mandatory for a low-graded drivers or something like that.

Maybe we should drop the WRC year down to for example 2005. All WRC cars until that year. Would exclude C4`s, would probably make another car dominant but probably not as popular as C4 at least.

Historic championship would be nice but dropping 2WD would be a big loss in my eyes. It should be promoted as a mandatory for a low-graded drivers or something like that.
How would it be a big loss? There were basically only 4 drivers driving them :)

As far as making them mandatory, the trouble is that not everyone likes to drive FWD cars.
I don't, especially when slippery. I definitely would have to be seriously committed to do a whole season with it.

I think Group N are pretty much perfect for everyone new to the game. 4wd, and not too fast.

Ooooh! Old Group A-cars amongst the Group B's aswell? :D
Don't know much about relative performances of cars, if they're a good match, why not.

Its a loss because 2WD cars are a huge part of every rally, its always fun to watch them and its also fun to see that 2WD drivers can be faster than some 4WD drivers. Im not a huge fan of driving FWD either, not many of us fancy driving them and I understand that. But I just feel that it would be wrong to see them go.

For the next championship a little suggestion I have is to change the current WRC cars for the new 1.6 WRC cars which are a bit faster and I think there's not a new WRC car that is faster than the others, I've seen some Mini's Fiesta's and DS3 win some rallyesim rallyes. I think that way there wouldn't be too many of one car. I think before starting season 4 someone had the idea of giving grade 2 drivers the old 2000-2008 cars and the grade 1 drivers the 2011-12 cars, but the new cars were slower than the others, so the idea was scrapped I think, now that the new cars are faster, I think it's possible to do it. Just an idea :)

Plus possibly historic Group B (and older Group A) cars open for everyone?

If we're gonna create a (one) separate Championship for everyone I'd say the Group H.

The Group A and B are still 4WDs, almost same speed and handling like the ones we use for the primary Championship, so if we're going to run those stages again for a separate Championship then the challenging handling of the Group H cars (and any RWDs) would be the best choice after running them with the 4WDs.

Well probably because they'd preferred to drive the 4WD over the RWD since there was only one Championship, I think a sign up on who's interested for the separate RWD Championship would be a good way to know.
Separate RWD championship? As in, you can run in both that, and the RDRC we have now?

There are separate points for every class now, don't know how making it a separate championship would be much different, other than a buttload more work.
If anyone volunteers to run something like that parallel to the RDRC, they do have my blessing :D. In the mean time, let's figure out what to do within the RDRC. And within the RDRC, the cars have been quite unpopular.

If anyone is interested in driving RWD Group H cars, do shout :). Or just make any preference you have known.

I was just comparing them all to the Group H's slower speed and very tricky handling :D. Just saying that after finishing a rally with the current 4WD WRC car, I would prefer to shift to a RWD car than driving again with a fast 4WD on the same stages.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 344 15.6%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 235 10.7%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 231 10.5%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 175 7.9%