RDRC S7 Round 4 - Rally Finland (3rd - 5th May 2015)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well....I am now aware of what it means to have ( and not to have ) experience with RDRC challenge ! No knowledge of stages and tracks, no knowledge of settings, no knowledge of cars.....BUT - despite all - A LOT OF FUN ! Very challenging event - especially the never-ending-one ( which ended after a tree kiss at 01:40...;-)) requiring excellent skills and experience !!!
Fantastic driving, jumps, slidings in Finland ( and England ) on gravel surfaces....No chance to improve my results, but a "big slice of cake"....THX to all !
( PS : this time, I saved the replays and sent them to Ole - hope that everything is fine this time ? )

I'm both surprised and pleased with such a great result :geek:

SS1 - Humalamäki Reverse:

Start of the rally and took it very easy as this stage never has been kind to me and, to be fair, the old Subaru could do with some more modern suspension :cautious:
No real issues to talk about, got a bit too close for comfort with one of the stones on the inside of one of the turns.

SS02 - Loch Ard:

After a successful start to the rally I pushed a bit harder and it looks like it pait off, got a good flow going and no major moments, a slightly lacking hairpin turn before the bridge but it was more speed trouble than the fact that it was a crash waiting to happen :)

SS03 - Myttaala Sprint:

One of the more fun stages in Finland, especially that first fast righthander that comes immedietly after the bump, the default notes makes it a easy right I think, I have it as a "Warning, crest into immediate fast right 3" and I still managed to fly off there, thankfully managed to avoid damage so could finish the stage with no more problems.

Service

SS04 - Painaa:

Due to knowing that the next 2 stages would be even longer than this one I took it very cautiously, especially in the middle part of the stage before the K-Left, partly because it's easy to make a misstake there and partly due to the fact that the jumps are a big danger in the Subaru :cautious:

SS05 - Sikakama:

A stage that, even on Gravel, I do enjoy to drive. There is a bit too much grip for me to fully drive in my own style but still some good sideways stuff as well as good flow and speed, a good run, not perfect, but good :D

SS06 - Loch Ard II:

This way around this stage is very strange to drive. Took it very carefully because I didn't feel comfortable to go fast.
Had a slight moment in one of the wooded areas but otherwhise it went well, though slow...

Service

SS07 - Kaihuavaara II:

A fairly nice stage but had to take it a bit catiously because of the test ahead, really didn't want to damage the car prior to Ouninpohja. Reasonable time, somewhat too careful maybe.

SS08 - Ouninpohja:

Had a good start to the run but sadly then managed to roll it when I entered a turn maybe 5 k too fast and hit a tree and was helped to turn it on its side by the ditch.
After this had to take it a bit slowly due to the damage to the steering arm on the right front. Resonable time considering the issues but frustrated as that lost me any chance at maybe getting an even better position. :coffee:

SS09 - Humalamäki Reverse:

Again we came to Humalamäki and with the damage I again took it easy, this time due to the damage to the car.

Service

SS10 - Pöykky:

Had a resonable run, had a moment close to the end of the stage when I front ended a tree, not damaging the car it seems but I did loose time.

SS11 - Humulamäki:

Did what I could to go quickly here, had a massive moment over the double crest where the rear end reacted wierdly, just about avoided a retirement.
Apart from that the run went allright.

Overall very happy with the result of this rally :)

Thank you to everyone who organise the series as well as those taking part to make it an enjoyable battling environment :)

If I can, I'll upload either of the two stages, I've had trouble showing recordings in RBR lately, you can find it in the opening RBR page on the forums if you want to know of it more exactly :redface:

See you all in Sweden :whistling:

According to my fast calculations - I secured RDRC-2 title by winning this round.

tumblr_nmjg3jYOlb1tz1njvo5_400.gif

Congratulations to @Manuel De Samaniego and @Jonatan Åcerclinth!

Questions to admins - can I switch to WRC car for remaining rounds or do you prefer me stay with current car?

Karl Raudsepp said:
Questions to admins - can I switch to WRC car for remaining rounds or do you prefer me stay with current car?

That shouldn't be a problem at all. Winning 4 of 4 rounds in RDRC-2, and having two top-5's along the way, is enough do drive WRC for the rest of the season (if your calculations are correct. It would be sad to lose the title with 1 point ;-) )

OMG !! :confused: OMG OMG :O_o:

97564e9b2e2a13d689288722545012d7.png

for the first time ever!!! 2XM WRT 1-2! and in Finland :cool:

this rally couldn't have been better, 3rd win here for me, 3rd in a row, our dreamed 1-2 and if my calculations are correct, we secured the team's championship again, our finest hour :inlove:

well done to @Michael Nelson @Magnar Haarstadsveen @Jonatan Åcerclinth and of course @Karl Raudsepp who's been just too fast for RDRC-2 this season! also well done to @Mark Johnston very fast in his R5 too, and nice job to @Daniel Monteiro and @Ole Marius Myrvold

amazing rally, many many thanks to the organizers and well done to all who participated, see you next time in the Barum Rally

Didn't expect Ouninpohja to cause such a tragedy, i thought everybody would be extra careful there. Although the nominal time from retirement is not that colossal compared to my time, it still paid off to drive like a chicken :laugh:

Great to have had a nice battle with @Sam McDonald overall, with him taking the fight by 8 seconds, great stuff well done man :)

And well done to all who made it through the scary jumps and crests, and thanks once again guys for putting up a hell of a gravel grand prix!

Hey man... where is the problem?
I immediately sent my replays (and times chronos too) after the race but today I see myself in last place in the ranking!?!?
Can someone explain to me what's going on?

Hey man... where is the problem?
I immediately sent my replays (and times chronos too) after the race but today I see myself in last place in the ranking!?!?
Can someone explain to me what's going on?
This is why the results are called provisional and not final, so that we can iron out these errors We will look into it and correct it for the final results :)

This is why the results are called provisional and not final, so that we can iron out these errors We will look into it and correct it for the final results :)
Ah... Ok Roy, no problems :)
I am only very surprised to see me at the bottom of the rankings after hard work to be able to conclude all challenging stages ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back