RDRC S7 Round 4 - Rally Finland (3rd - 5th May 2015)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok,thanks.
So, this means that I don't have to enter 3 consecutive days at 19.00gmt , but instead I could enter on day two at us2 time that suits me best and run all stages at once?
Thanks

Ok,thanks.
So, this means that I don't have to enter 3 consecutive days at 19.00gmt , but instead I could enter on day two at us2 time that suits me best and run all stages at once?
Thanks
Yes, you choose the time and day that suits you best of the 9 sessions we set up, and drive the rally in one go from there :)

So I crashed in the first stage, then my computer crashed on the next two. Took the decision to bail out before the computer decides not to give me another chance. Just weird screen issues.
Massive shame, but :poop: happens and today I got to be the recipient.

Too bad that it happened in you "home" rally man!

This was a disaster for me, lagging all the time, exspecially on BTB stages...so that caused a lot of crashes for me...and I also had to restart on the first stage, but I did not reached the first checkpoint...so will I DQ from this event for that, or it is clear?

Yup, restarts are DQ.

Regarding lagging BTB-Stages - There is an option to set graphics for certain stages. People struggling with BTB should try to put the settings on low for those stages.

Last edited:
What is the ideal settings for SS3? Really struggling with what seems to be massive framerate issues I cant cure?

Really strange. I would've expected any BTB-problems to arrive at Ouninpohja due to the length of the stage, not on a stage we have used many times in the club without problems at all.
Custom graphic settings didn't work at all? Not even a desperate res.setting change for that particular stage either?

Really strange. I would've expected any BTB-problems to arrive at Ouninpohja due to the length of the stage, not on a stage we have used many times in the club without problems at all.
Custom graphic settings didn't work at all? Not even a desperate res.setting change for that particular stage either?

Same here, I'm using 800 x 600 in that stage and low on all settings and still the last 2 or so KM I'm getting around 10 FPS

This was a disaster for me, lagging all the time, exspecially on BTB stages...so that caused a lot of crashes for me...and I also had to restart on the first stage, but I did not reached the first checkpoint...so will I DQ from this event for that, or it is clear?

Oups! Forget my last statement. I was a bit too trigger-happy there. As you informed us, you'll get a DNF on the stage! Sorry for that earlier message. Just used to busting restarters, not reading that people admit to it :)

Same here, I'm using 800 x 600 in that stage and low on all settings and still the last 2 or so KM I'm getting around 10 FPS

Really strange. We do have it in the 4.1 in the rules, that we want to know if people struggle ASAP.
The rally will keep on like this, and we'll have a little staff-chat about this. In one way, it's "too late" to be complaining about now. But at the same time, it looks like I'm on of the few that doesn't have any problems with the stage, and that's not fair :)

Well, rally finished!

a few incidents on a couple of stages but satisfied with my runs through the original Finnish stages, made a stupid mistake on SS2 and got stuck on a tree for around 15 seconds and I've never been friends with Humalamaki but overall I'd say this was a good rally, I'm just happy to have gotten through Ouninpohja in one piece.

Thanks to the organizers and well done to the guys who have finished and luck to the guys left to run :)

la DS3 en action

ae64356c8f17510fdcd5f52e7c1365cb.jpg

Last edited:
No recce as always. On SS2 Loch Ard it all went offroad .After forgetting a corner after logs on right handside i had full "DS3power" on long strait. Full speed towards a true DNF luckily there was some spectators to run over so I got red screen(CFH) before hitting threes :thumbsup:

Rest went slow with no errors:cautious:

Thanks to the men who organized this mayhem :thumbsup:

I guess lag kicks in on stages which have higher level of detail - Myttaala for instance is full of detailed objects, Ouninpohja in other hand is reasonably detailed.

I don't know what to expect from this rally. Thank god I have comfortable lead, so I guess I go flat out here and see what happens. Good to see so many estonian flags at stages, sometimes even more than finnish flags. ;)

Not enough practice and not enough time to make proper pacenotes for the stages. I ran four stages before I gave up because it was clear I wasn't 100% committed and concentrated.
Plus I don't like the BTB Finland nor the Gravel mode Finland stages at all. Some stages like Mökkiperä, Ruuhimäki and Ouninpohja are very familiar for me and I just can't enjoy them in game when there are a number of visual cues missing.

Not enough practice and not enough time to make proper pacenotes for the stages. I ran four stages before I gave up because it was clear I wasn't 100% committed and concentrated.
Plus I don't like the BTB Finland nor the Gravel mode Finland stages at all. Some stages like Mökkiperä, Ruuhimäki and Ouninpohja are very familiar for me and I just can't enjoy them in game when there are a number of visual cues missing.

Aww Tapio... Not so Flying Finn? :(

I drive this rally yesterday. It was ok, no mistakes but I was very carful on the BTB stages. The pace notes on them are not very good, on the last BTB stage i'll think the codriver just rolled the dize before the corners and used that as notes. I had no time to practise so it was was difficult to drive on the unfamiliar stages. On the original stages it was no problem, I know them well.
Thanks for a nice event.

Well, that was brief. Went trough SS1, and then everything simply crashed. A pity, I liked the stage choice and there is not a snowball's chance in hell I'm gonna race tomorrow :(

Ah well, better luck next time!

Had no time to rec the stages. The BTB stages was all new to me, except for Ouninpohja, which I drove last year. Was just in time when I logged in one minute before start. At the start line I found myself at the back of the car, so it took me some seconds to be seated properly.
Was very careful at the BTB stages but yet I had a crash at Painaa. Left a pile of car parts in the wood.
I reached the finish line at Ouninpohja. Very careful + a spin but I was happy when I reached the finish line. One second after the finish line my computer shut off - probably an overheat problem. I ve experienced it some times before. I dont know if my time was recorded, but I managed to see it, righ before the computer crash - 17.59.20.
Of course I was not able to run the last 3 stages. Frustrating. Yes indeed.
By the way, that estonian Raudseppguy is incredible fast. Not able to keep up with him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 351 15.6%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 244 10.8%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 241 10.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 177 7.9%