RDRC S5 Round 4 - Rally Alsace (27th-30th April)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Congrats on finishing your first rally and welcome :)

If I understand from what you say here, you retired on SS4 and after the stage pressed Repair, meaning you were retired from SS5?

If this is the case, you don't have to press repair, in fact I would advise against ever pressing it. When you retired on SS4, you would have started SS5 with a brand new car, no need to repair it! And if you ever get damage and the car just about drives, drive it! You will lose less time than pressing the repair button.

Hope this helps and hope to see you back for more soon :):thumbsup:

thanks, and thanks your advice.
You're miss understood my report, a little bit. :)
SS 4 Bergheim - I finished that stage with 5m38 seconds. In the last 'easy right' corner I was hit the barrier on the left side, and my engine is blowed up, but I have enough speed to rolling to the finish. It's sounds weird, because it was weird.

I made a quite good and safety run on this stage, so i don't want to retire this stage before the finish line. If i can roll to finish, I will. I was lost with this move a 15-20 seconds maybe. I thought its better than i retire ss4 and i hit the car extremly on ss5. ( I think i made a right call as a 'new guy in rally'. On ss7 which is same as ss5, i flew into the forest, i knew somewhere on Sieversdorf i gonna hit the car. It was happened:rolleyes:

SS 5 at the start line, in neutral gear, engine was worked fine, i heard engine is ok, i thought everything will be good and then, 3-2-1-go. I made a shift to first gear and that stage is gone. So i have to retired.

Between SS 5 and 6 there is a service so i repaired there the car. I dont want to take any risk;)

Pre Race - Arriving in France -

SS1: Easy going here. Would be bad to retire on THIS stage... :p
SS2: Now I started worry about my extremely sticky pedals. Some small mistakes. Broken rad.
SS3: Broken rad. But lasted the whole stage. Had a brainfart at the end, and needed a CFH -.-

Service - Travelling to Germany -

SS4: Good stage, I mean It's Bergheim, It can never be great...
SS5: Got a time, not a good one. Lost 20 sec on sector 1 :/ Time didn't get saved, so I have to save them myself and get Mr.Almighty Result Guy to fix it! :)

Service - Eating Sauerkraut! -

SS6: Brakefailure - Retired
SS7: Another brakefailure O.o

Service - Time to leave this darn country!!! -

SS8: Oh well. Worked kinda well.
SS9: Erhm - finished, but destroyed the car after finish.
SS10: No no - repair time.

Service - Last stages - go go go! -

SS11: Woah! Finally some luck! Not a great great time, but luck!
SS12: Massive brainfart!!
SS13: -.-
SS14: Finally something good.

BobSport (Wales) Rally Teams' Event Report

Pre Event:
Confidence is high going into this event. Tarmac is my favourite surface and some of these technical stages are some of my favourite to! Some pre event testing showed only minor changes are needed to the Civic to get some good handling on the relatively smooth tar. Objective again was no DNF's and to hold on/extend my Grade 4 lead!

On Event report:
SS1 – Clipped the barrier at the chicane slightly, but no biggie. All good!

SS2 – The fast and narrow roads on this stage make me very nervous most of the time and this time resulted in going a bit wide and a spin after going wide and clouting a bank! No damage and a OK time I think!

SS3 – Went well, bit over excited on some of the HP's! Good time and no real mistakes!

Service – Happy with how it is going, no real mistakes and no damage! No other 2WD's in session again so no comparison but looking OK. 2nd in session.

SS4 – Went well, another favourite stage of mine. Over cooked the first HP slightly but carried on smooth and steady for the rest and a decent time!

SS5 – The last 2k on this stage are really tough! The car was bottoming out a lot so carrying speed was a bit difficult. But another steady run and only an overshoot and going into a small pole to dampen my efforts, losing a few seconds only.

Service - Going well, still 2nd in the session

SS6 – Went well again, 3s better than the first run and no mistakes!

SS7 – Had another overshoot and hit another pole! Near the start this time but fought back for a good time that was 12s faster than the first run!

Service - Still second in session and still no big mistakes so happy!

SS8 – Cracked the rad on the first tight left hander trying to drive round it! Managed to get within 0.1km before it gave up! I had a feeling if anything would happen, it would be on this stage! Was a really good time till then as well! :(

SS9 – Pushed hard to make up the time, didn't take the big jump flat, didn't want to break anything else! Pretty good time as well.

SS10 – Good stage, grown to like it a lot recently after getting to know the quirks! No moment or anything major. Clean run

Service - Disappointed with the DNF but still 2nd in session so pretty happy and more good times

SS11 – Nothing much to report, went well, a little wide on one corner but that's it!

SS12 – Went OK, had a big moment near the start but held it and another good time!

SS13 – Love the HP's! Maybe doesn't suit the FWD Civic but trying to get the best speed through them all was a good challenge, went a bit to fast into a few of the K corners but otherwise good!

SS14 - POWER STAGE - Stage was so short couldn't really tell if it was good! Did go for a flat over the finish approach to gain those extra tenths!

Post Rally:
Pretty happy with the stages, 1 DNF which could have been avoided! So much for trying to drive it to keep it clean! No CFH's at all which was good and some pretty good times there I think. Was 2nd in the session so hoping this bodes well for the results!

Here's a snap from the event, better weather than the previous events!

Thanks to all the organisers and fellow competitors, looking forward to the result! See you on the next round!

Sion

HatTrickUpclose.jpg

Wohooo!

Well done Roy and Tero! ;) and Dubravko and all podiums and winners.

Thanks to the organizers, see you soon! :D

Please be careful on SS4 and SS6 - Bergheim. Two drivers have missed the opening couple of loops so far, and will have to get a default time on that stage.

Bugger, looks like I was one of them :( Guess I wasn't listening to my co-driver properly :whistling: Glad I had fastest Production time on Akagi though, I practiced that stage about 5 times, it was so fun. Well done to the winners, I really enjoyed this rally.

I should feel disapointment when I look at the results, but I know, I made it without any practice, and 2 of my retires was not my fault, the third one was because I dropped my brain away. I was going to lost my faith to be fast enough to win a rally, but after that, if I have enough luck I can do it. So I try to work harder for it, so many points available, so Mr.Pribanic, the game for the title is on! :)

Very happy with 3rd given how error-ridden by Drive was, I certainly feel like my pace is better, but it is tarmac, so gaps are probably a bit smaller. Also, if I'm reading the last stage correctly, I have myself a power stage point at last! :D

I don't think it'd be feasible to beat Emil in the championship though, I may have to change my goals to a second place. But another consistent round for the team means that me and Corey are still in with a shot of the team title.

Congrats to all who participated, particularly the podium finishers and as always thanks to all those involved in organizing these events. :thumbsup:

Knowing we could have gotten second on the surface that suits my driving style and way of wanting to drive the car is encouraging but knowing that 2 misstakes on my part, both of the type that shouldn't be allowed to happen is extremly frustrating, will use a lot of days checking and re-checking my notes before the next rally :cautious:

Well done to all participants, good to see so few dnf's this time around :)

EDIT: And 2 stage wins :confused::speechless:

And especially on the 2 stages I didn't think that would be possible for me :laugh:

Vids of those 2 stages, if I can get the game to load night stages now after the fix (have been getting some kind of Shadow error at Dusk and Night stage replays :unsure: ) :roflmao:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back