RDRC S5 Round 2 - Rally Norway (16th - 19th March)

Status
Not open for further replies.
After being sick most of last week I couldn´t practice at all but at least wanted to see if I can score some points. After clicking on Go for the first stage I noticed I didn´t have the right car selected. It must have changed with the update of the Mod :( very dissapointing to not even get the chance to score some points this time.

Well after trying to get on the first, second and third stage of the rally my Richard Burns Rally game keeps crashing to desk top which has never happened before so I have given up.

Hoping to get it sorted for the next round

I would lie if I say that I am not struggling with the car a lot. It's like made from a paper, any quicker movement results in a roll in any turn - and imagine how it looks when you are kicked by a snow barrier :D I was holding very bravely several stages until something broke in me and I was just driving for fun, making drifts as long as possible. But I tried every stages (well, I skipped the 10 km long Sikakama). And I made a record on Mustaselka - over 16 minutes.

If there is a movie maker who is looking for some spectacular driving ( meaning crashes, rolls and drifts ) I can provide the little I have... I still think about making The Best of myself, because I found some situations really funny :)

Emil sure knows how to drive that mini RRC, great battle going on here with 4 stages to go:)
Yeah, great fight Arwin. You are not bad either. I`m waiting for you at finish of Falstone

Wow...10 sec. Thats great. Guys you should see that heart-attack fight.
Finally one full time calm rally for me. I didn`t even scrach the car. Everything was going "by the book" except Arwin`s constant pressure at my back. See you soon.

Ok here goes , only arrived home with 5 minutes to spare , pheew, good luck to all

SS1 - Finland - Kaihuavaara---that went ok , 2 seconds off leader

SS2 - Finland - Mustaselka---not the cleanest of runs , 2 spins but could be worse

SS3 - Slovakia - Peklo Snow R---few spins again but Emil is so fast on the snow

»»» SERVICE PARK «««

SS4 - Finland - Kaihuavaara---After Emil has left me in the dust me for the last 3 stages this turn was mine but only 00.00.25 seconds haha

SS5 - Finland - Mustaselka---well i lost 2 seconds in the first split alone to Emil so i had to step up a gear and take some risks , and oh yes there were quite a few close calls

SS6 - Slovakia - Peklo Snow R--- I managed to take 4 seconds out of the lead but is 18 seconds in 8 stages too much to ask.....at the pace Emil has I say yes its too late but I am really enjoying the battle for 1st

SS7 - England - Falstone---another 2nd place but its less than half a second again , this is some close rallying at its best

»»» SERVICE PARK «««

SS8 - Finland - Sikakama---somehow i managed to win this stage after been down on first split , maybe Emil slid wide on one corner and thats all it took

SS9 - England - Chirdonhead---another flyer for Emil . I have no answer for his speed

SS10 - Finland - Autiovaara---very messy tricky stage , almost rolled a few times but i managed to get to the finish in one piece,i took 3 seconds from Emil so his lead is now down to 16 seconds with 4 stages to go

SS11 - Finland - Sikakama---After a really poor middle sector i snatched the lead by 00.00.30 seconds . Lead now down to 15.72 seconds

SS12 - England - Chirdonhead---good stage , another 1.8 seconds off Emil's time but i expect hes just driving at a steady pace to get the overall win ....and im the opposite , im going as fast as the ds3 will let me but still not good enough . Lead now down to 00.13.90 with 2 stages left

SS13 - Finland - Autiovaara---only 00.00.52 faster than Emil. His lead now 00.13.38 .....its a fight to the finish:)

SS14 - England - Falstone--- well after a long 2hours of rallying I ended up in 2nd place 00.10.07 seconds behind Emil . thankyou Emil Pribanić for the great driving and fast times you showed . You certainly made me go a lot faster than what I am capable of and with no cfh thats a big bonus

thankyou RDRC for this great rally

I'll write a full report tomorrow, to tired tonight but a few highlights.

Managed to roll the car numerous times but no real damage!
Only 1 DNF and 3 CFH, one being down to me wedging it trying to turn around, D'oh!
And on SS13 I was amazed that I was only 14s away from Emil and Arwyn in a 2WD Civic! :confused: Chuffed with that!
Also managed top 5 in session times on all stages almost and was 5th in session, so very happy with that :)

I'll give a proper report tomorrow and a few good snaps hopefully!

Thanks to all!

Sion

Here comes a small report from the Sweed with the Alfa and Extra-Life.org as the main sponsor :)

Didn't get much practice but thank god I have a good understanding of the car, helped a lot for getting a average safe setup for most stages, that said I made misstakes a bit of everywhere I'm affraid.....

SS1 - Kaihuavaara:
A Stage that I love but mighty difficult with Heavy cload and rain/snow and what not on the windscreen :)

Took it very easy and kept the car in one piece after that stage, not an impressive time but happy I didn't crash out :confused::)

SS2 - Mustaselka:
Had done a practice run in the Snow Show event with the Volvo and knew this would be a proper pain of a stage with the FWD low powered Alfa....
And it was, messed it up completely in the double hairpin section, on both run throughs, and lost lots of time just by not knowing where I was on the first run through and I did need some straintghening stuff after that stage.... Was one scary thing..... :coffee:

SS3 - Peklo Snow R: Thought I would be able to do allright on this stage... those thoughts ended early in the stage as I got about 6-8 turns in, "Medium Left, tightens", which saw me in a straight on collision with a tree and my first retirement of the Rally..... :(

I hope the times after the service counts :)

SERVICE

SS4 - Kaihuavaara: Same conditions as the first run through but felt more at home and I think I did rather well, got trough without any mayor offs and so on :)

SS5 - Mustaselka: Reprise of SS2 but with a slightly better time :)

SS6 - Peklo Snow R: Oh for devils' sake.... Got past the same tree by wacking it with my right side door which I survived unscaved, just, but only got another 30 seconds into the stage until I locked up after a slight misstake and hit a tree.

CFH and damaged gearbox, stuck in 3rd so not too bad....

SS7 - Falstone: I will give the Alfa credit for being able to survive with damaged radiator and fairly full reving it in first the whole stage..... Lost quite a bit of time but got a feeling for how the Power stage would look :laugh:

SERVICE

SS8 - Sikakama: First "night" stage of the rally and boy did I enjoy that one :D
Got into a very nice and good rythm in the dark and made no misstakes what so ever and was quick, faster than Erik in his GrN and not that far off the Faster class car ahead :)

SS9 - Chirdonhead: Oh dear... Not again :(

Made a misstake in the fast, 4th gear in the Alfa, section in the woods when you have a easy left, fast right over a crest and an easy left, where I went wide at the right hander, locked up and hit a tree.....

CFH and again a damaged gearbox and radiator, this time in 4th gear.....
Still managed to keep the speed somewhat allright except for the K-rights where I dropped loads of time :(

SS10 - Autiovaara: Again credits to the Alfa for withstanding the thrashing of first gear full rev for the whole stage, I was avaraging 70 KPH everywhere except for a roll I had when I turned in to early not seeing the road properly :roflmao:

SERVICE

SS11 - Sikakama: A lot more misstakes (was on a good run until some ill-placed photographers ended in an unpleasent way....), was pushing to hard, needed to roll it before I calmed down, no bit damage thank the devil so I could finish the stage, slower than I would have liked after my night run but still a fairly good time :)

SS12 - Chirdonhead: We-Hay, took it a lot easier where I made the misstake in the first run through of the stage and posted a much better time, no misstakes, some close calls with a wide rear end but that is FWD Rallying for you ;)

SS13 - Autiovaara: Ummm......

Rolled it, damaged the rear of the car, it was flingy in right handers and lost some time, still a time I'm not too too dissapointed with :)

SS14 - Falstone:
Rear end damage fixed it seemed, no problems with it and gave it my all and some less as I wanted to finish. Might have posted a time that will challange some of the drivers :D

All in all enjoyed the rally but was hoping to do better overall. Will wait with a complete verdict until I see the standings :)

Cheers :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back