RDRC S5 Round 2 - Rally Norway (16th - 19th March)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Decided to join OC1, a very lonely session. :(

Coming into this event I haven't had much practice, been pretty busy with Lectures and assignments. Just going to try and drive clean, learn, and finish.

I know I can't rely on others to DNF like in Monaco, so I need some pace, but I'm not so quick on snow.

Oh yeah, and my Jerry-rigged handbrake broke. Guess an end of a broomstick taped to an old PS1 controller and some rubber bands wasn't the most reliable thing.

--

SS1 - Overshot the first hairpin, only lost a few seconds.
SS2 - Few hairy moments. Smacked my rear into a tree somehow, maybe a hidden rock, spun me around but no damage. Very lucky.
Glad the two wet stages are done.
SS3 - I didn't practice this stage because I thought it was the same as in Monaco - oops, it's reversed. Found the hairpins tricky without a handbrake, unfortunately I rolled sideways on one and had to CFH. Lost 40 seconds there.
SS4 - Not so good, it felt better with the dry grip - but my time was slower. OK, I hit a rock and spun, but otherwise I would still have been on par, I thought it'd be quicker.
SS5 - OK, but again, slower than in the wet.
SS6 - Yikes! I'm a minute quicker this run through. That's a lot of time I lost the first running. I can only hope it doesn't cost me to many positions.
SS7 - I thought that went OK, though my time wasn't that good. Does the snowy weather slow you down even if the grip is dry? I'm well off my practice pace for the power stage.
SS8 - Good feeling in the car, happy with pace, but I messed up and went off course into trees. Got away from it unscathed, but lost a bit of time.

Timer glitch again, so I didn't write these up in fair of missing a stage, hence all from memory.
SS9 - OK, I think
SS10 - OK
SS11 - Suspension damage, ugh, another power stage I'm not gonna be able to push on, I think that'll be my goal for next rally :p.
SS12 - OK
SS13 - I rolled here but landed on my wheels, luckily.
SS14 - Well I'm an idiot and decided to push anyway, couldn't turn right with the broken suspension and clipped the bridge, sending me rolling, somehow, I ended up wheel side down again(!), but with more suspension damage, I think. I turned around and continued on my way at a modest pace.

As annoyed as I am that I wasn't able to attempt the power stage, or that I lost 40 seconds CFH on the first Peklo stage. I know that I should be happy with all the good luck I've had. I made many mistakes, and somehow walked away from all of them - it's something I really need to improve for future, small lapses in concentration causing errors.

Hard to say where I've come, I'm not terribly fast on snow. I would have liked a top 5, but I don't think that's likely, so I'll take whatever points I can get. :D

RGbFoUW.jpg

:thumbsup:end of ss14, who needs straight wheels?

(Good luck to all other competitors, and more importantly, have fun!)

Oh my. Fell on the ice last night, got some scratches, didn't think much of it. Woke up today, my knee locked in one position, and that how it's been the whole day. Will be interesting to see if it get much better before the rally -.-

Nah, for me the cartilage pops back in after a few minutes and I'm good to go after that! The operation to fix the knee locking has a 6 week recovery time, but it doesn't lock up much for me these days so I won't need it done!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 290 15.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 194 10.3%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 195 10.4%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 140 7.5%