RDRC S4 Round 10 - Rally of Wales (20th - 23rd October)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hope you guys don't mind, but I'm going to invade your session :O so I can do some testing and comparing for next season :)
I would continue with the original OC4 session but its no fun by yourself.

Phew, It was very slippery here and there :D
But no cfh or dnfs, only few minor mistakes so I have to be very happy with this. It feels good to finish every stage after last rounds retirement :) I think I can even score a point here hopefully.
Thanks everyone for setting this up again, some extra work with OC4 today but you handled it very smoothly, Thank you for that.
And good luck to everyone still to compete.

Well that has to be my best rally of the year! Not a single DNF or CFH and only had one bump and reverse twice! Amazed myself!

So here's how it went...

SS1 - An OK stage for me, the conditions really don't favour the car so took it very easy, had a spin going into a 'K Left' so first spin. Came out of the stage and was 1.12 sec. behind Silvio! So it seems a battle was on!

SS2 - Was very cautious again due to conditions. Lost another 10.04s to Silvio.

SS3 - Pushed Harder on this one know the stage pretty well and better conditions. 3.14s up on Silvio

Service 1 - 8.04s behind Silvio
SS4 - Pushed harder again and was 14s quicker than the first run but still down on Silvio! He had some good pace there. Lost 8.58s​
SS5 - Was OK but 2 sec slower than first run somehow, don't know where. Lost 0.05s!​
SS6 - Another good stage, was up by 1.56s on this stage.​
SS7 - Went very well, nice over steering setup made the long sweeping corners easier, gained a massive 15.41s on Silvio!​
Service 2 - 0.3s ahed of Silvio! Some real close racing here!
SS8 - This was my bad stage, really don't like the bump and tree stumps so kept it very steady. Not a lot could be gained but a lot lost... Only dropped 5.95s so happy with that.​
SS9 - Well except cocked up last hair pin! Had to reverse and lost 3.21s to Silvio. Annoyied on one of my fave stages.​
SS10 - Was pretty good, could have pushed more but no mistakes. 5.77s down to Silvio.​
Service 3 - 14.63s behind Silvio again
SS11 - Was better than my first run and pushed a bit more, knew where the worst bumps were! Lost 0.44s! Loving this!​
SS12 - Better than the first one but over rotated the same hair pin as last time! lost a further 1.8s.​
SS13 - Only 2 stages left and determined to take it to Silvio! Pushed hard and a good time I thought but unfortunately Silvio retired so no time to compare to him!​
SS14 - Last stage of the C'ship! Pushed hard and kept it smooth in better conditions than the first run. Setup worked well. Was 6.99s up on Silvio.​
All in all that was a pretty epic battle with Silvio! Although he did win most of the stages! but I think the closeness of the competition shows what I've mentioned in 'General Discussion', moving to a 1 or 2 type championship (R3/R2) will make racing in 2WD much closer! Both of us were in A6K S1600 Cars (Me:Corsa, Silvio: Ignis) and it was really close! Also managed to get 4th in session! 3:04 from the leader, chuffed with that! :)
And a massive thanks to all involved with this event and season! Its been a good first season for me where I believe I have greatly improved with 2 clean C'ship events under my belt!​
Here's to looking forward to next Season, whatever it may bring.​
Many thanks​
Sion :thumbsup:

It was a great battle indeed Sion... Hope we can do more of this in Round 10 because i´ve enjoyed this very much... I´m agree with you Sion about the 2WD cars it should continue because there are fun cars to drive. Look at DS3 R3, it is a very fast car, look too Tom Peters last rallys...

Oh well. RBR crashed just before the first split at SS1. Thanks for setting the session up Fernando but I think I'll somehow try to find time in the evening to complete the rally :D

I might, just might - with a lot of luck, be able to drive this rally...
With a gamepad...

I left my studentapartment last week because of my mystery illness and went to my parents. (That way I don't have to think too much about keeping it nice and tidy around me). That meant that I wasn't able to take part in the rally. But, I found an old gamepad here, so, I might, just might be able to take part after all. But I have no idea...

EDIT: RSRBR are suddenly telling me to innstall all car, and BTB packs... Then it looks very. very, very unlikely I will race this race.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes