RDRC S3 Round 2 - Coffs Harbour Rally (06 Aug - 10 Aug)

Status
Not open for further replies.
hey guys, thought i had registered for points? will do it again, sorry if this is a problem.

Nah, you just missed the deadline. From the rules:

Round Entry

Each driver should enter each event to nominate which session they will compete in. Entries for each round will CLOSE at 11:59pm server time the Thursday prior to each round to allow the organising team to post and official entry list and be able to organise the session creation. If a driver does not enter by the close of entries they can still drive in the rally but they will not be able to score points. Entries should be placd in the following format.

I have to practice my psychic! As always I tought that I have to push and I went over limit and........I hit a tree!
I have to train hard my patience.

Have to have cool head, but it is hard!

Glad I got my first 100% clean rally for quite a while. No crash, no spin, no CFH, no proper "run wide". Furthermore I managed to keep a steady and consistant pace all rally long, and more importantly, gained a lot of confidence in my new car(Fabia Evo 2).

Hopefully this will be enough to break a 3 rally streak of bad results.

My rally was bad as usual: when I try to take of the car, usually hit a little tree, with low-speed, which ends of my clear rally dreams... On SS1, hit trees two times, than my engines broke down on SS2, and because of this, I have 2 retired stages, thanks to those trees..

I only enjoyed the Mineshaft and the first East-West stages...

Hope that Dubravko will have better luck than me (and thank you the setup very much, the car worked all the time great :) )

So, I ain't the only one that have a car that steers for trees.. :rolleyes:

My rally:

Totally f**ked up my rally in the 3 first stages. But, I was driving like a alien out there, were often 4-10 secs behind the WRC cars, until I hunted down trees... Really happy with the 2nd time I drove the stages tho.

*Hint hint Senad* Look at my sector times, and yeah, you got 15 min with carnage *....*

BTW: For some reason RBR CTDed in 79% completed East-West 2nd run.

What a rally! Glad to be back on gravel after the season opener in some sort of frozen hell!

Had a pretty clean first day not trying to push too hard just get some decent stage times in to build upon.
Just one mistake when i fell down a bank in Mineshaft and had to CFH losing 30 seconds or so.
Good class battle going on with the Smoldering Biscuits team with never more than a couple of seconds in it.

2nd day was better, started to push a little more and shaved a few seconds off all my day 1 times bar East-West where i went for a bit of a roll and probably cost myself about 10 seconds.
Somewhere along the way I think the Smoldering Biscuits team must have caught fire and made a couple of mistakes which was a shame for the day 1 battle but still some good stage times being traded on most of them.

Thanks again to the RD organisers, and grats to those who finished and the quickest.

My replays

SS1 - Messy start with all kind of overshooting.
SS2 - Calmed down a bit and got through a lot tidier here.
SS3 - An okay run, but how about that run of Jakub? Wow!
SS4 - A bit too safe, maybe?
SS5 - A new PB for me, but still a bit behind the others.
SS6 - Another PB. Happy with my own pace in general, too bad the opponents have a higher pace :tongue:
SS7 - Span the car early, but had a nice run from there.
SS8 - A close call at the start, but span twice later on. Lost the front bumper, no other damage so far. Might have cooked the tires halfway through by overdoing it.
SS9 - A good run through, and a nes online-PB :)
SS10 - Flat out, and Nigel is creeping even closer from behind. Will be hard to defend my position.
SS11 - ...specially when I rolled in the first corner. A quick roll, but still a loss of time. And then I span later on. Not getting it right on the second day this time around...
SS12 - An okay finish to the rally, keeping it in the middle of the road.

My speed with the WRC is not that great, and now I am struggeling with being consiant again. It was consistancy that brought me to the podium last season, I got to work on that with this kind of car. Everything just happens so fast :tongue:

But with a driveable car I am satisfied with my run, hopefully it will bag me some points also :)

an event with ups and downs, just having come back from holidays it took me 10 mins to get into the game again, ten minutes which unfortunately you are not granted in an event like this:

s01 just trying to survive which I did okish until I turned idiot and crashed after the red signs, totally damaging the Punto
s02 with no brakes I managed about half a run but had to retire after all
s03 first run where it felt like me playing the game not the game playing me, one involuntary CFH as I tried to find my way out of a ravine

s04 no training no clue on this one, some dodgy pacenotes and lots of crests with big unknowns on the other side, flipped the Punto once, came in second to last :(
s05 some of the best pacenotes in RBR, nice clean run for 16th
s06 good run until I totally missed one pacenote towards the end and had to make another CFH, third to last after day one

s07 still shocked from s01 I took this one very slowly but came through with a car fully intact
s08 uneven with many small offs, but some of the big names spilt red ink here, so 14th, quite a nice surprise
s09 had a superb run until the tiniest mistake resulted in another uncalled for CFH, darn

s10 my first PB of the night, by 1.5 secs, for once I found my groove on this stage which ranks among the five least liked in my rbr universe, with some more retirements I climbed a little in overall standings
s11 uneven ride on one of my favourite stages, 1 stupid CFH, not happy
s12 well past my PB until I hit one of the small trees mentioned by others with all of two turns to go, could have kicked myself.

overall a nicely set up event, great turnout of 22 players, some great times by the smaller machines, thx admins, no points for me this time though.

eagerly awaiting results :)

Man, total disaster.

Didn't prepare enough for this round, but last night I still managed to run a low 57 in a final practice event.
I would have been overjoyed with that this evening.

Pre-event warm up stages were a disaster, obviously an omen of what was to come.
Things went ok to begin with, despite running out of talent coming down the hill on SS 02.

On the second run through New Bobs, my mind wandered, and for some reason it picked up on a story I heard on the radio this morning about Shane Warne having plastic surgery. When I got to work, I googled it and this is the horror I found:

p3p4g.png

I was contemplating why a guy would do this to himself and that's when a favourite corner of mine, easy right; fast left; DON'T CUT; bit me hard. Car, dead.

After that I drove with extreme violence - which predictably got me into retirements on the next 3 stages. After that I rage quit. Guess I still haven't learnt to channel the rally rage.

So, in closing, thanks Shane Warne and thanks Liz Hurley.

See y'all in Round 3.

ps. NB Replays for Senad.

Almost satisfied with my run tonight, little mistake here and there but nothing serious. Until ss11 that is. Slided off down a bank, rolled and lost 40 sec trying to drive out of it. Would have been better just to do CFH instead. Up to that point i had almost 30 sec lead in EU3 which i lost grrrrrrrrrr. Finished 2nd, 4 sec down on John C.

Hopefully, my drive should be quick enough to get some points this time. Gl to all still to run :)

Very pleased with how that went tonight - one of the cleanest rallies I've run with only a couple of very minor spins along the way. Łukasz was setting a blistering pace in Production class tonight so I couldn't really get close to him, but the battle for 2nd in class was a very enjoyable one between me, Daniel and Yann with the 3 of us separated by less than 30 seconds for the whole rally. Surprisingly I took the position from Daniel in SS10, but dropped a couple of seconds behind with a small spin on East-West before a nail-biting finish saw him beat me overall by just 1.5s. Great fun though. :)

Somehow I've forgotten to save the replays for my first two stages of tonight, does that mean that I forfeit any points I may earn in my class? I don't know how I keep forgetting, I tell myself to save them right when I finish but once I get to it I skip it, today in general just hasn't gone well for me :frown:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back