RDRC S3 Round 2 - Coffs Harbour Rally (06 Aug - 10 Aug)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okey so round 2 is over for me, yet another RsCenter crash.... :( dont know what to do with it it... maybe reinstall everything...
Anyway I was able to drive some stages. I started the rally by hitting a tree head on, had to repair the car and the two first stages were lost. Then it kind of flowed on until ss8 when RsCenter gave up on me.

Anyway hope your rally will work out better!
And good luck to everybody! =)

Well, everything went actually well, excluding last stage, was 62% through that and suddenly missed braking point, hit tree and engine died.
Only one retirement in my first rally :)

Crashed after going past the finish in stage one so the car was too badly damaged to complete stage 2,my only retirement for the rally.

Had a couple of spins and 1 CFH for the rest of the stages,i think i am finally coming to grips with the Skoda S2000,though it is still trying to kill me on the odd occasion...much better rally for me than round 1 when i gave up in utter frustration after too many crashes.

Good luck to those still to compete,and a big thanks to the organising committee.

SS8 is the first Mix Mod stage, it could be something with your installation. If you don't figure it out, a reinstall might help, it has helped before.

Isn't SS02 the first Mix Stage?

Very strange to have RSCenter crash after running a number of Stages ok. :confused: I'm wondering if it related to losing internet connection, or maybe hardware overheating, or memory allocation?

I'd try re-installing (always a good move when consistent problems occur), but maybe you need to see if you can close down some background programs or services. eg. turn off AV, and anything else that may be consuming resources. I use GameBooster to close many unneeded services before running any on-line sims.
Which operating system are you using, Win 7, Vista, XP?

Well,I gave the OC2 session a run tonight as I won't be around on tuesday for the normal session. I had a different aproach to the event after re-learning something I have known for 15 years. Sometimes you go slower if you try harder. Calmed down a little and just focused on being neat and tidy. With only Jani and myself in the session it made it difficult to keep the pace right so I had to enlist the aid of a secret tactic..........................no I'm not going to tell you;) But I do think we will see a new grade 2 driver for round 3. Well done Jani, some impressive times in the R3 Civic.

SS1 - Drove like a grand mother here. Couldn't find my groove but didn't make any mistakes. I think thats a first for me on Greenhills;)
SS2 - REALLY careful here, just sliding the car a little and keeping it neat. Still driving poorly. Hit a tree and spun about half way through but didn't loose TOO much time.
SS3 - Never been a fan of Mineshaft. Just can't get my head right in it. Still, no mistakes this time so I'm happy.
SS4 - Slower than I wanted but over all good. Starting to get into it.
SS5 - A little slower than my best time but happy. Hit the same bloody bank I seam to hit EVERY time though though.
SS6 - Again, a little slow but clean and happy.
SS7 - Back to Greenhills, no mistakes and 1 sec slower than my first run.
SS8 - No mistakes. Good run.
SS9 - The same time as first run. No mistakes.
SS10 - No mistakes.
SS11 - Set my best time ever here by 5 secs. Still hit that bloody bank and went wide a couple of times so I was suprised but really happy.
SS12 - Last one. Been good so far so don't stuff it up now..............................BUGGER. the long left 3 with a small rock on the inside saw me spin and hit a tree. Holed the radiator and car starts over heating. Backed off for the rest of the stage and hoped that it made it. Thankfully it did. Dropped 17 secs to my best but was happy to see the finsh line.

Overall a good event. Now we just have to wait and see what everyone else can do.

Good luck guys.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 74 7.3%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 106 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 147 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline