RDRC S2 - Round 4 - Ulster Rally

Status
Not open for further replies.
SS1 - Okay, struggling a bit with getting it going out of the tight corners. 1st In Session.
SS2 - A bit defensive, but a good time. 1st IS.
SS3 - My heart stopped as I was sliding a bit down the first slope I could find, but I was as lucky as can be, and could crawl back up to the road with a loss of maybe 4-5 seconds. Still 1st IS :)
SS4 - Okay stagetime, had not tested this one in front of the rally. Was exchanging seconds and tenths with Mick all the way, he was 3 tenths ahead in the end.

Service - in with a lead of 15,71 seconds in this session. Will have to increase the pace to win the rally, I think.

SS5 - I almost lost it numerous times on the stage, this one might be decisive in the rally! 1st IS.
SS6 - Had a very good run here, the stage felt just right. 1st IS.
SS7 - Felt good again, but the stage was so mutch more narrow than I remembered the gravel version was. 1st IS.

Service 2 - The pace has been improved, and the result in the session shows it. Leading by 1:50,06 halfway through.

SS8 - Good run, 1st IS.
SS9 - Flat out all the way, kept it on the road this time. 1st IS.
SS10 - Again flat out, and it felt nice. 1st IS.

Service 3 - Was going faster on every stage this time around, and have increased my lead to 2:05,14. I am getting a good feeling about the rally now :)

SS11 - Really enjoyed this one. Again I could go flat out without any problems. 1st IS.
SS12 - Was way off the road in the fourth corner on the stage, and lost 3-4 seconds. Was really zooming through the rest, and was fastest In Session once more :)
SS13 - A lot faster than first time through, I am really in the comfort zone tonight :) 1st IS.
SS14 - Struggeled more with the section straight after the garage this time, tricky stage with a S2000. 1st IS.

Overall I was fastest by 3:49,26 in this session, exiting to see where this puts me pverall. I am really pleased with my event, I had only a handfull of mistakes that costed me time tonight :)

Thanks to the guys organizing, I had a very enjoyable evening :)

Yet again a rally to forget
ss1 - ok steady start, keep it clean
ss2 - bit nervy, had a small off and 1 spin
ss3 - steady run
ss4 - good run
ss5 - WHAT HAPPEND!! off twice, 2 spins and a CFH. lost over 1 minute
ss6 - still mad from last stage. took a wrong turn then had a half spin
ss7 - good run
ss8 - good run
ss9 - good run
ss10 - decided to try and scare ROY MAGNES, pushed to hard and scared myself with a slight off. that will teach me!
ss11 - good run
ss12 - was going ok then had a very slight brush with a tree, lost my Brakes . could not believe it, gutted
ss13 - had to run with no brakes
ss14 - again no brakes
great fun, just wish i could complete a rally without incident, allways next time. said that last time!
great times ROY well done mate.
THANKS to all

DST has started for most of Europe, I believe, so there are some changes in starting times.

EU sessions will start at 19:00 GMT.
US sessions will start at 03:00 GMT.

As far as I'm aware, your local start times won't change, but I will try and create duplicate sessions, just in case.

OC sessions remain the same, maybe Warren or someone could clarify the DST situation in Australia?

Wouldn't be just easier to always post ( in the intro ) the server starting times in GMT and let the drivers to worry about any daylight time change in their time zones..? It only takes a few seconds to check the time against GMT for anyone of us.....the simplest solution is usually the best..lol

Wouldn't be just easier to always post ( in the intro ) the server starting times in GMT and let the drivers to worry about any daylight time change in their time zones..? It only takes a few seconds to check the time against GMT for anyone of us.....the simplest solution is usually the best..lol

Don't understand what you mean. The start times always are in the first post, but the DST started on Saturday night, so the first few sessions were without, and the rest are with DST.
If you're suggesting that the GMT times remain the same for all sessions, then the rally would've started an hour later for everyone.

Don't understand what you mean. The start times always are in the first post, but the DST started on Saturday night, so the first few sessions were without, and the rest are with DST.
If you're suggesting that the GMT times remain the same for all sessions, then the rally would've started an hour later for everyone.

It's fine like you do Senad. To modify the GMT time to have always the same starting local time.

LOL, no Senad, i,m not suggesting for the GMT times to remain the same, just for the server setup times to be shown in GMT at all times and leave the time conversion to the drivers. Simple & effective :).

This is not my day today. I was so upset that I gave up the whole rally. Then maybe the next round will be better.

Thats what i,m fearing may happen to me tonight. I do not enjoy tarmac in RBR ( feels weird & unrealistic imo ) plus those bumps....
Was planning to do at least 1 test run on each stage but after just 1 stage i gave up. No fun and pleasure at all. So i may forfeit this round too, if i found myself crashing every second corner..lol...

I have to admit i play RBR for the loose stuff as i do enough tarmac events throughout week in other games. I know rallyes are on tarmac and i,m not complaining, just a personal preference..LOL.

Thats what i,m fearing may happen to me tonight. I do not enjoy tarmac in RBR ( feels weird & unrealistic imo ) plus those bumps....
Was planning to do at least 1 test run on each stage but after just 1 stage i gave up. No fun and pleasure at all. So i may forfeit this round too, if i found myself crashing every second corner..lol...

I have to admit i play RBR for the loose stuff as i do enough tarmac events throughout week in other games. I know rallyes are on tarmac and i,m not complaining, just a personal preference..LOL.

Why are you playing other games at all?

With the DST change I am going to have to change to the OC session. 7 am is ok, but 5 am is too early, lol.

Why are you playing other games at all?

LOL Rick, i play as many racing sims and mods as i can find and afford ( time and money-wise ) for the pleasure of driving and having fun :). Every game adds something different to the overall driving enjoyment and also can help me become a better ( more complete ) driver, i believe ( i hope lol ).

I know if i concentrated on just one game i would have been more successful but that is not the priority for me. There are just so many young guns with better reaction times and more talent then me so it would be fustrating to invest all the time and efford in just one game and not get the desired effect.

I rather just enjoy myself and if i manage to come to the top thats just a bonus :) :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back