RDHGP S2 - Historic Grand Prix 2008

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yoeri Gijsen

Premium
tc65clubchamp.jpg
View attachment 3690
RaceDepartment proudly announces the second season of the TC65 league in SimBin's GT Legends: The RaceDeparment TC 65 Racing Club Championship or RDTC65.

In eight rounds drivers can battle for the overall win, keeping to the League Regulations of 2008 and keeping a close eye on the code of the Racing Club.

The championship is not exclusively for Racing Club members, but should nonetheless act a quality promotion of the Racing Club.

To join you must simply sign up to the RD Single Drivers team in the RDTC65 at RD GPCOS. Click here and simply select 'RD Single Drivers' below RDTC65. No other teams are allowed.

Make sure you creat a GT Legends profile with your REAL NAME and make sure you add it to your RD GPCOS User Profile. Click here to change your GTL name in the RD GPCOS User Profile.

Download the RDTC65 League Format 2008 HERE!

Bugger I can't race at the final round.:( It's my Grandma's 80th birthday
Good luck to all

Bad news m8 :( ,on the other hand,well done yer gran hitting the big 8 & 0!! :thumb:,wont you look the fool though when its discovered she has a 3 and half grand Tri Sli top of the range Extr3mz0rZ spec simming rig in the airing cupboard with GTR2/rF/GTL/07+Evo and STCC(dont ask how she done that) all installed!!? eh eh? silly lad!.

On a slightly more serious note,im sure Andy will work on another outstanding series in this superb sim for us all,im sure i speak for others when i say......Some of us have unfinished biz here"!!!?? :evil: :evil: :evil:

Since you are all lobbying Andy for the next one, I reckon we should even things out.
Gee, how about Mini's on all the Australian tracks (including Bathurst). :evil:

Now that sounds very fair to me, unless someone here is a Mini freak and comes from Australia of course. :pound:

Round 8: Watkins Glen 200K

Noooooo! I woke up this morning to find that my PC has died. It won't even boot. What great timing.

I'll see if I can get my laptop to run GTL but it is most likely that I am out for the final race. Bugger.

• Andy Marsden

Well what a fun race to round off a great league - shame my plan of picking up at least a point by the end of it didnt happen!
Couldn't get my rhthym during qualify and was dead last, even if I did set a PB. The race started poorly as well as I didn't get the start I wnated so my usual charge didn't materalise. Heading down the back straight I went to move across behind Hans but my cold tires and high speed caused my Falcon to start fish-tailing and I ended up taking Jerome M out, sorry about that mate.
After that I got up to 7th and had some good battles with Jerome M and Hans (and a very short one with Warren). Left my pitstop later than I wanted and came back out in 10th. Stayed there until I overtook Hans when he was pitting and fiinished in 9th - just shy of two points.
Overall a fun race and a great league but if I could turn back time and do it again I would choose and Alfa or Cortina over the Falcon - an arse of a car to drive with a gamepad lol :D
Great racing with you guys over the last 8 weeks (even if I missed a couple of races) and a very big congratulations to Peter for winning the league, grats mate! :thumb:
See you at the GTL Club nights on Thursdays!

• Jerome Benard

WHAOU what a monster car on this track :Banane01:

I make an incredible lap in qualify and i was confident for the race

I make a good start whith Andreas, and a good battle in the beginning of the race, after he pit in :wacko:, and i have more 10 laps of fuel, its a surprise to see you pit in in the 20 lap Andreas what appened:shocked:

After a make my pit stop in the 30 lap and manage to finish very cool.:)

For resume, Pole, best lap and win, its my day :first:

Thanks all and i standing for the league result, i think Peter won this league (grats :thumb:) before me and Warren .

Grats all and the league staff
See you next league on this fabulous game :kiss::rockon:

Sorry at all for exiting after finish

But i´m very disappointing of this season. I give all in every race and the program stops me like no fuel and stop and goes.
In this race i had two Stop an goes an last round i´m not concentrated and give up my 4th place.
I cant´t believe what **** this season happen. i drive no race where i make no mistake or something else.
Neverthless i want to say crongratulaion to Peter for a fantastic season, he´s the champion althogh he miss two races, really good.
Jerome did his best with his Falcon :thumb:, grats to racewin.
And from Warren i think i can look up something in race. He´s very constantly with less failures and good speed, you have deserved the place on the podium, congrats Warren.
Ok, onle 11 drivers today. Thas not so great but if there is another championchip i will join it again.

GG to all of the championchip, was nice to race with you guys :car:

• Andy Marsden

Warren if you were a woman I would kiss you! What a great idea, though why not Minis and Abarths - Battle of the Small Car Cup?
We will have to look at next year and see when we can fit it in - we can trial custom skins in the Club nights over the next few weeks and allow them if possible too.

Ben - I've been a staff member since before the TC65 league started lol

Well I can only thank the gods for smiling on me. What a day. After finding my PC dead this morning, I spent most of the day installing GTL to my laptop, then setting up the G25 to it, and trying to get the whole mess working. All looked ok until I tried a test run on the server, and my connection dropped every few minutes. More discussions with my ISP but no help. So I reduced all of my game settings to absolute minimum and hoped for the best. It dropped two more times during early practice, so I wasn't hopeful.

Then things improved. The connection held up all race and my rough G25 settings weren't too bad.

So to the race.

Qualified P4 with a PB of 1.28.7 ish.
Fingers crossed and praying for the race. Lap 1 turn 1 everything started stuttering, so I expected to drop. It didn't but I lost about 4 places. At the end of the lap it stuttered very badly, resulting in some more lost places. I stayed about P8 ish behind two cars battling furiously (one was David, not sure of the other) and it was slowing me quite a bit. So I abandoned my pit strategy, went in early on lap 7 and hoped for some clean space. It worked, I came out in the clear, my stuttering was gone, and I could settle into a rhythm. I was consistently doing 1.29.2's nearly every lap, and slowly picked up spots. When I noticed I was P2, I started praying like hell that my connection would hold. Andraes started slowly catching me and with about 5 laps to go it looked like a very close finish was in store for us. Then Andraes pulled into the pits (more fuel I guess) leaving me to finish 2nd.
All in all, a miracle finish, considering the day I had endured.

Congrats to Jerome, the Falcon reigned supreme.
Big congratulations to Peter for winning the overall championship (I assume he won).
Thanks to all who ran in this League, it was very clean and raced in very good spirit. I really enjoyed this one.

So everybody must have the "worst race". Watkins was mine. :D

The car was good, but I made mistakes, lot of mistakes (driving and tactical too).

Anyway! I'd like to say a big thank you for the staff creating this league. I hope it won't be the last! :thumb: This game has a very magical atmosphere.
And you guys! Thank you too! I met here with very good, fast, correct, fair etc. pilots. I hope see you next time!

Grats for the podium in Watkins, especially Jerome! :thumb:
Grats for Jerome and Warren for the silver and the bronze medal. :thumb:
And my special congratulations to Andreas! Next time it will be your turn! :thumb:

Congratulations to Jerome for the win and Peter for taking the overall crown. Also to Warren for the result in spite of adversity and finally to everyone who raced the league. Fantastic fun and clean racing, thoroughly enjoyed the season despite the ups and downs.:thumb:

Speaking of which the race ended for me on Lap 11 I'm afraid, caught fire after mucking up my downshift into T1:flame:. It was inevitable though, changing setup from high to mid gearing midway through qualifying then forgetting to change them back for the race.:doh:

Got off the line quick enough, managing to keep Jari behind me for a couple of laps, then bumbling along in P8 thinking about holding it and pitstop strategy resulted in a brief lapse of concentration. Oh well. Little bit disapointed to end that way but looking forward to the next.

Thanks all

Simon.:)

Congratulation to Peter for winning the Championship (Its really nice to see you drive that Alfa) and to Jerome for the win.

Training went well for me ( a short while 6 th place?) but that was only dreaming,started 10th place with a 1.31.4xx(in training before the race 1.30.9xx) so not a big diff.
Start was good take 2 places but get a kick from Andy before the chicane and went strait trough.

Had a great battle with Andy,got him in the corners He got me on the straits etc.etc.etc!! Till I made a mistake and lost sight on Andy.

S/G in lap 40(cut a few corners) this time I take him.
Pit in lap 42 but that was terrible, I check of repairs, check tire and fuel and stay there fore 1.39 min....

So finish in 10 place,was a long race fore me but no problems I had a verry
enjoyable race day.
Thanks to all the guys that make this possible.
Till next time , Hans

ps What time dit you do Warren, 1.19.xx? strange Laptop do you have :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back