RDHGP S2 - Historic Grand Prix 2008

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yoeri Gijsen

Premium
tc65clubchamp.jpg
View attachment 3690
RaceDepartment proudly announces the second season of the TC65 league in SimBin's GT Legends: The RaceDeparment TC 65 Racing Club Championship or RDTC65.

In eight rounds drivers can battle for the overall win, keeping to the League Regulations of 2008 and keeping a close eye on the code of the Racing Club.

The championship is not exclusively for Racing Club members, but should nonetheless act a quality promotion of the Racing Club.

To join you must simply sign up to the RD Single Drivers team in the RDTC65 at RD GPCOS. Click here and simply select 'RD Single Drivers' below RDTC65. No other teams are allowed.

Make sure you creat a GT Legends profile with your REAL NAME and make sure you add it to your RD GPCOS User Profile. Click here to change your GTL name in the RD GPCOS User Profile.

Download the RDTC65 League Format 2008 HERE!

• Andy Marsden

Well once again a poor race from me, i'm hating myself for choosing the Falcon now, ah well still had some fun which is more important :)
Qualified last but hoped i could make a few places as I usually do. This wasn't the case as I had a slow start due to too much wheelspin and ended up thumping Marc Good up the backside at Turn 1, sorry there mate had a bit too much momentum. Stayed low in the field but started to gain positions as others pitted and eventually found myself in 5th. Was planning to pit about lap 34-35 as I had a full tank from race start and my tyres held up very well though a spin at the last corner on lap 30 cost me time and I decided to pit then. Came out last and stayed there until the end.
First time racing for me with manual gears which did help me, not much in qualify though I had more control over the car during the race and kept my tires healthy longer. Just need to work on finding the shift-up sweet spot and practice starts with manual and i'm sorted....ish :D Keeps my mind busy as well so I don't loose concentration as much which is a good thing i suppose lol
Anyway back on topic a poor race form from me but I still enjoyed it, grats to Yoeri for the win! :thumb:

damn red car

After P4 in Qualy and good start on P3, it seemed to be a nice race. But then in first corner is standing this red car, dont know it was a ghost, no idea. This was first spin, scond spin after i overtake Warren, after pit my racespeed was good and come to peter, he was one round before me. I must go sleep beacause i lost my brakepoint and crash in peter, so sorry for this peter. Then was on P5 but one i had to make, spin 3 and down to P7.
I want only one race without mistakes, please :rolleyes:

Cg to podium :thumb:

Arrived cold and new to the track in practice and struggled a bit to find the good way round,i think i managed to fluke a time good for 7th start?,got away well and after some argy bargy ahead i got to sneak through and tucked up behind Andreas,Peter behind me didnt take long to get past and David looked comfortable chasing me down,mainly at one turn,that little tight downhill left,eventually i put a wheel off coming out of T1 and he was through,i was happy in 6th and having someone to follow and watch,good fun racing with David.
My plan was to run as late into the race as i could,ive noticed in previous rounds i like the Tina better when the tyres wear a bit,up to a certain point ofcourse,i made a decent stop about lap 38 i think from 2nd spot,came out in 4th,and even with a little off moment exiting the pits i had no threats for the finish.
Very pleased with 4th,Congratso Yoeri in "The Bismarck" and all podiumese types.
Many Thanks RD for another enjoyable nights racing

• Jerome Benard

An another good race for my big Falcon and another behind Yoeri :D

I have a big fun but Yoeri was to fast for me and i manage to finish cool :wink:

Thanks all and see you next race. :thumb:

Some pics with me and Yoeri and Others.

:)

• Jerome Martin

An other great race for me. Some good battles with Jari in the first part of the race and an other with Amir in the second. Sorry Amir for the push.

This wasn't the case as I had a slow start due to too much wheelspin and ended up thumping Marc Good up the backside at Turn 1, sorry there mate had a bit too much momentum.

No problem mate! Actually it was more a chain reaction as István Barati hit an Alfa in the back and I couldn't avoid to drive into his back.. so I guess you had not much chance of avoiding my back.. :thumb:

I for my part was not sure whether István actually hit someone so I assumed it was my fault and he crashed quite hard into the tire wall so I waited until he rejoined the race.. so there I was again at the back of the pack.. Next time I try everything to at least get past the first 5 corners.. *grml*

After the rough start I managed to slowly work my way through the field and after my pitstop I ended up right behind Jari Vinnari. I felt that I was a bit faster than him so I tried several times to overtake - to no avail! Sadly I hit him two times when he slid a bit wide and then tightened his radius and he spun.. so I had to wait two times and we both lost very much time, sorry again for this mate!

After all still a fun race, just love this league! :becky:
Really enjoyed the tight battle with you, Jari. :thumb:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 23 24.5%
  • More leagues

Votes: 22 23.4%
  • Prizes

Votes: 19 20.2%