RD GT Championship 2010 II

Status
Not open for further replies.
grats to the first 2 and the guys behind
i had a quite good set for here but not regarding tyres, they had been gone totally and the last lap was horrible
but the last corner of greg was just unnecessary, if you go inside then keep your line and don't brake to late and hit me on my line
this from someone who piss to anyone else is just ... (better do not write this down)
grats for that

Only managed a 13'th in qual and that was a bit disappointing since i did not manage to repeat my practice times....

Anyway go a nice first rounds and we stayed together 3 cars (i think it was Jari and Stefan) with me in the end of the group. After a close fight for many laps i finally managed to put the two cars behind me and (very) slowly started to increased the gap.
I think i was up in 8th (not sure ..?) but then disaster struck on lap 16 (?) and i run a bit to wide in the right hander after the back straight and hit the tire barriers.
Done the same many times during all the practice runs with only body damage as a result, but this time i got a puncture ... :tongue:
Limped back to the pits for repair and also took fresh rubber on.
Rejoined in 14th

I fought my way back up the field, and also got some help from not so lucky drivers DNF'ing, and finished the race in a 9'th spot.

Hard but fun track..... definitely not a track suitable for a Viper lead sledge... :rolleyes:

Great racing all.... thanks for organising

@greg
i know the replay and i'm not the guy who do protest but it shows me a lot about you and better you start to check the replay of the first 2, maybe you find something to protest so that you can win also this race

A much better race than I expected despite my problems getting to grips with this mod.

Qualifying: 7th - I surprised myself by actually running a competitive lap time for once. :tongue:

Race: Off the start, I had some close racing with Nigel and eventually passed him. I saw the top 5 pulling away and thought it best to play it safe, so after being passed myself a couple of times, I got into a groove and tried to be consistent in my driving while running 8th/9th.
Eventually I was passed by Jari, and got a bit concerned when my rFdynHUD told me that my front left only had 15% tread left on it... the game decided on its own that I needed to pit, so I went along with it. I came out behind Stefan. I ended up losing a few places and being lapped by the leaders, but it seemed to pay off - I wasn't the only one with the wear problem but it seemed that I was the only one to actually pit for fresh tyres. Gary was a few corners in front of me, and I saw from his position a plume of smoke and then a never-ending tyre mark. I passed him and tried to concentrate on finishing the race, which was made all the more difficult because of sweat dripping into my eyes!
After passing Stefan and Harald after their retirements and being passed by Jan, I finished 10th, which is my best finish of the season.

See you guys at Sebring, where I expect to be swamped by the more powerful cars... :tongue:

Disaster of an event. Struggled for consistancy in practice and was just trying to play safe knowing several others would crash.

Qualied 17th with a PB but was far too slow.

Race: Was stuck behind a few cars at the start but that led to a fantastic battle with Gary. We swapped places a lot but mainly due to a mistake by the other one. Just after halfway and I made a mistake and hit the inside wall of the chicane and bounced into the tyre wall. Pitted for a puncture a lap before the plan, and dropped from 11th to 16th. Came out of pits and after a lap smoke started billowing out of the back of the car. Kept going for another 3 or 4 laps because I wasn't told of any engine issue but then it blew.

Thanks Remco, Ivo, RD and all those who raced :)

Edit: not here Greg. Talk it out over PM if needed.
-Ivo

race report:
im sick since saturday, the flu... :( and was really not sure to be able to race today, just left my bed 3times since saturday morning to go out with my dog, never been sick like this.
leaving my bed arround 19 and try to make some laps and see how i feel me, was not really fine but was ok, was able to make some laps without crashing but stay focus was really hard.
Q: try all what i can but stay at 0.4s of my pb, P5.
Race: if Matthias dont win the race, i was ok with a top5. but Harald in P4 had some early brakes prob it seems and overtake him after a little mistake. like i say before, the most difficult part in the race was to stay focus. when i saw that P5 was at +-20sec behind me and i was not really able to reduice the gap with P3, i decide to stay cool for my tires and just go home with a P4 where i was really happy in my case... but, in last lap, Matthias spin at the chicane and i was right behind him, in the seconde last turn i cross the racing line to be inside for the last one, we was side by side and had a touch, finish in P3 :D
cu in Sebring guys ;)
thx Remco, Ivo, RD.

Well after a not so bad quali I started the race after many, & I say many practice laps having never driven this track before. The start went well & I seemed to be faster than Jari who was ahead of me but couldn't make a move. After a few laps I started to see where I could make a pass on Jari but as always he was covering his lines well where he was slower. Finally I got along side after T2 but going through T3 we touched which sent me into a spin. After waiting for those behind to go by I got going again way down the field, 18th I think & caught up to the battling Adam & Lenno. After a lap or 2 I managed to get by them both and head off to chase the next place down. After those having problems & me pushing hard I found myself back upto 8th spot behind Jari again but the gap was too big to bring down before the end of the race. Now with a 50 second gap to 9th place my tyres were looking very worn especially the front left so after being a careful as I could going round the right handers it was becoming clear I would have to pit before the end of the race to avoid getting a puncture. I did this without losing my 8th spot around lap 25 & by changing just the fronts came out with around 12 seconds gap back to 9th. So with the gap to Jari upto 40+ seconds I just brought it home without making any mistakes.

Thanks to Remco & Ivo, get well soon. Grts to the winner & see ya all @ sebring for the final round.

This was the most boring race ever for me :D

I was to slow for the top 5 and 12 seconds in front of the guys behind... LOL

The track was new for me. Normally i am not a big fan of street circuits but after a while i even start liking it. I drove a stable race and i am happy with my 6th position.

Unfortunately there were only 19 drivers on the grid and thats a shame for a league like this. I also missed the live broadcast (maybe i have missed a post?!?).

Now, i am cleaning the car for the last race... Sebring... One of the best tracks there is, but not with a Porsche. They are just a little bit to slow there. But, i have a brilliant idea. All the Porsche drivers in this league have to work together on this one. We are gonna draft the whole race so we can beat the American muscle :D

Thanks Ivo and Remco for the organization :thumb:

see you all next event

Sebring server is up.
In game time 6 PM
And the event will be regulated to only use the 6 hour endurance upgrade. So select that in the upgrade menu.
We can check if you are using it or not during and after the event. So dont be a smart ass. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back