RD GT Championship 2010 II

Status
Not open for further replies.
After I did not come on the server by the last event, my motivation was more or less in the basement. Therefore I use the little time I had to prepare for our 8 hours race at daytona.
Then only 2 hours before the race I went first time on track, a set-up was not simply to find, however, no more time to make some changes. So I had to get by with what I had.
Also in the Quali it did not go very well, I couldn't get together good round. So i started in the centrefield of top ten. I knew that a hard piece of work becomes forward. Thanks to a mistake of Greg at the right place I was able to got past early in the race. Then I tried to spare my tyres so well I was able to, without losing time on the point of the field. The GTO doesn't have enough power on the straight lines, against a CTS I cannot get to a promising position because I don't get beside him. So I must save tires to have at least an advantage for curves up to the end, as well as in Watkins.
However, it was a exciting fight with Harald he delivered a good job and I broke my teeth, however, indeed, I had clearly the better tyres but I never came right next to him. As Harald turned himself I lost my car myself and then I did this silly mistake which after so many years of Racing not really doesn't have to happen. I tried to get away as fast as possible and went directly on the Curb, until I got my car back from there my tyres were finished and so hot that i can't really control it.

So the Championship is gone, but the races make me a lot of fun so i'm looking forward to the next one.

hope you understand my english, doesn't use it offen ;)

I rejoined in 16th behing Nigel. Within two laps I was right on Nigel's tail and attempted to pass him coming into the first hair pin. We were completely side by side coming through the kink towards the corner, but he must not have seen me and went for the apex cutting off my nose. Then I dove for the inside on the next hair pin and Nigel decided to cover his line in the last moment. We touched and I got beached on the big yellow curd stone on the inside of the corner. I completely destroyed what was left of my tires trying to get off, but luckily I managed to get going again.

sorry about that Stefan, i didnt notice you trying to pass me there. to enable me to brake late there i had quiet an agressive line in and i guess that caught you out. shame realy as i was in tyre preserve mode and would have let you past :(

great result for me at a track that i find hard to love, qualified 18th but manged an 8th place finish :D

Sorry for the late report. I was from Sunday till Wednesday not at home.

Here the links:
View Stream: Click
Download Stream: Click

Unfortunately, the numbers of spectators are not available any more.

I wish all racers a peaceful Christmas and a successful and healthy new year. :)

I think at this track I will be further back than even normal lol! :)

But I aim to just finish and have fun as always! Nice to be back in the mustang, I'm getting quite attached to it :p

very nice track, never drove it before last night. but after a dozen laps i was lovin it and tyre wear is the lowest so far :D

anyone got any times yet? think i was doing mid 36`s with a bit more to come with setup changes.

OOOH I'm well off the pace :( lol, 39's are good here and tire wear is AWFUL! doing summat wrong lmao! Oh well, looks like its gonna be a bad one for me, but still gonna have fun at the back :)

I just cant get any kind of ryhtm here at all, every corner seems hard work and a little joyless.......

OOOH I'm well off the pace :( lol, 39's are good here and tire wear is AWFUL! doing summat wrong lmao! Oh well, looks like its gonna be a bad one for me, but still gonna have fun at the back :)

I just cant get any kind of ryhtm here at all, every corner seems hard work and a little joyless.......

you up for some praccy tonight m8?

and if you come on TS i`ll give you some tips while your driving :D

you up for some praccy tonight m8?

and if you come on TS i`ll give you some tips while your driving :D

Sounds good, not sure what time, but probably around 8ish, could use some good tips (any for making a decent Irish liquer cheesecake?) just keep the Marmite away from me tho chum :)

Maybe see you around 8 then on TS dude :)

love the sound of an Irish liquer cheesecake, and yeah best keep Marmite well away from that. but a Marmite Cheesecake sounds yummy :D

cya you later m8.

ps. dont worry about your pace, i have a fetish for street tracks and klicked quiet quick last night and it took Hutcho a while to catch my times up hehe

Oh Gawd struth............ Nige mate, you need help...............:roflol:

my daughter brought me the Marmite book for xmas and its got some great recipies in it, just wish someone else in the house would eat it. Venison Meatballs with a Marmite cacao & creme frache gravy, lingonberry red cabbage & Marmite roasties anyone :D god i`m salivating just thinking about it lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes