AC RDEC @ Spa - Saturday 24th April 2021

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event

Interslice

Staff
Premium
IMPORTANT: Due to instability problems with Simracing.gp we're going back to the RD servers for now. Sign up here with your choice of car. The event on s.gp is only to redirect to this thread. Please read the first 3 posts in this thread for more information.

Welcome to the RD Assetto Corsa. On the morning of Saturday 24th April we're going to Spa, for some multiclass endurance racing and you are invited to join.

1280px-Spa-Francorchamps_of_Belgium.svg.png

Come join us and make the event one to remember!

Toyota_TS040_Hybrid_at_Le_Mans_2014_003.jpg

Join us
Not a premium member yet but interested to race with our group of friendly drivers? Click here for more information and learn how you can participate as well.

Server Password: click here
Tracks, Cars, Apps Installation Guide:
click here (Handy guide to install non AC content)
Racing Club Rules: click here
Incident Reporting: click here

Event Details

• 09:30 UTC (10:30 DST)| Practice/Breakfast (80 minutes)
  • 10:50 UTC (11:50 DST) | LMP1 Qualification (12 minutes)
  • 11:02 UTC (12:02 DST) GTE/GT3 Qualification (12 minutes)
  • 11:15 UTC (12:15 DST) | Race (60 minutes)
  • Mandatory Pitstop between 10 and 50 minutes Required

Cars

GT3:

GTE:

LMP1:

Useful Links
  1. RaceDepartment Club Regulations
  2. RaceDepartment Discord
  3. Recommended app: Helicorsa (download here)
  4. Practice and race server password: click here

Entry List

GTE
  1. @Interslice Corvette
  2. @Kek700 -Porsche
  3. @davlight - Porsche
  4. @butcher85 - Porsche
  5. @neesve - Porsche
  6. @SergiuBT - Porsche
  7. @Taj Johal - Ferrari
  8. @Marko77 - Porsche

GT3

1. @pattikins - McLaren
  2. @sukanpinyo16 - BMW
  3. @Aksu -McLaren
  4. @Tomas Vaiciunas - Lambo
  5. @K_a_n_t_e - Audi
  6. @St.Roeter - Porsche
  7. @random2k4 - BMW
  8. @edo22 - BMW
  9. @thom462 - McLaren

LMP1
  1. @PfzFantaribo - Toyota
  2. @Stefasaki - Toyota
  3. @IceColdBeard_24 - Toyota
  4. @Backmarker EB - Audi
  5. Guus van Doremalen. - Audi

21/24 Grid Slots

Please use discord with push to talk before and during this event, to ensure smooth running of the sessions and good communication between drivers on track.

See you on track!

Last edited:

Interslice

Staff
Premium
A message to all Drivers

If you run off track, you have to check to see that its clear before you re enter the track. Do not just keep the gas pinned and pull back on track.

When entering the track from the pits, stay off the racing line until you are up to speed. Do not race on your out lap, let other drivers by. On re-entering the track stay off the racing line until you are up to race speed and do not block any fast approaching car.

Golden Rule
  1. If you hit somebody off the track and carry on like nothing happened, you take the risk of being banned for 30 days.
  2. Instead, you should always wait for the affected drivers, and that way you can be 100% sure you will not get a ban.
Track limits
  1. No more than 2 wheels over the white/yellow line without a lift of the gas please.
    You will be penalized if you break our rules
Note: Please use your full real name in Discord. Not doing so may result in you being kicked from the server if an admin cannot identify you as a premium member.

Interslice

Staff
Premium
INFORMATION & BASIC RULES

• It is the responsibility of faster cars to safely overtake slower cars. When a faster car is overtaking a slower car (in a different class), whether a blue flag is being shown to the slower car or not, the slower car should be predictable and remain on the racing line. The faster car should execute the overtake only when it is safe to do so. If a faster car is lapping another car in the same class then the same rule applies; some cooperation may be required to facilitate the overtake. Please be sensible.
  • Seperate qualification runs will happen for prototype and GT classes. See timetable details in OP. Prototypes must not start a new lap after 12 minutes have elapsed. GT cars must not exit the pits before 12 minutes have elapsed. You may be kicked from the server by race control if you ignore this rule.
  • All of the standard Racing Club Rules still apply to this event.
Thanks to @Ole Marius Myrvold and the rf2 club for the additional multiclass/endurance rules

Last edited:

demetri

Premium
You'll get the genuine racing through the night experience demetri! A few cups of trucker strength coffee will have you ready!
Nah, if it was 1 am I could do it, but to get up at five in the morning is way too much. Even for such a treat as a multiclass race at Spa. I'm not an early bird by any stretch of imagination. I guess I'll sit sleep this one out, hope you guys will have a great race!

640er

♫♪.ılıl|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|̲̅̅=̲̅̅|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|lılı.♫♪
Multi-Class :confused::D that’s great. I hope I’ll be at home and finally get the chance of driving a lmp1 car

Interslice

Staff
Premium
Multi-Class :confused::D that’s great. I hope I’ll be at home and finally get the chance of driving a lmp1 car

Have you raced one before?

I entered one race in them on s.gp. Got left for dead on the start line. I think you need to map the energy settings to your wheel. I just set it to race aggressive mode thinking that would be fine but there is a massive boost running qualifying. Could be about 10 seconds a lap. Worth looking into beforehand anyway.

HF2000

Thou shall not pass!!!
Staff
Premium
GTE vs. GT3 will be interesting. GTE should be easily quicker in qualifying but most people are more experienced in the gt3 which could show over the longer distance. I'm guessing there will be some overlap at least.
No BOP for the GTE's, I think as it isn't implement on s.gp yet?

640er

♫♪.ılıl|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|̲̅̅=̲̅̅|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|lılı.♫♪
GTE vs. GT3 will be interesting. GTE should be easily quicker in qualifying but most people are more experienced in the gt3 which could show over the longer distance. I'm guessing there will be some overlap at least.
There were multi-class events about 1 1/2 years ago when I started here. GT3 and LMP. Before Chris took over the Sunday events. Took part in two but only with GT3 cars as I was THE backmarker :)

Last edited:
Registered for now, but have the same issue as Dimitri. WIll definitly skip practice and see if I feel awake enough at 6:50 for Qualifying :D

I did some open lobby races at spa with GT3 vs GTE. They were totally mixed in the results, sometimes a GTE sometimes a GT3 won. I think except the Kemmel Straight and Blanchimont GT3s can keep GTE at bay for a while.

Will be interesting to see how things turn out.

demetri

Premium
AIs in GTEs are 1-2 seconds faster than they are in GT3s and I believe this carries over to human drivers too. This is well within typical pace spread for RD club races and especially open lobbies

When RD hosted the GTE series on Wednesdays we had ABS.
Considering the brakes are the least realistic part of the whole game it's a shame SGP hosting insists it's always factory ABS, esp when all the cars can have automatic gearboxes [even the cars from the 50's]and there's no damage or weather.
So it cant be a realism argument against ABS.

Not having ABS just makes us less able drivers unable to compete or even enjoy skidding at every turn.

Testing out the LMP1s at the moment. Really thinking about switching from the Z4. Will see how confident I can get in those. They seem easy to drive, but I just have the feeling I am a not using their full potential.

How much money have you spend on your current simracing hardware

• €0-150

Votes: 84 19.4%
  • €151-500

Votes: 119 27.4%
  • €501-1000

Votes: 71 16.4%
  • €1001-1500

Votes: 38 8.8%
  • €1501-3000

Votes: 42 9.7%
  • €3001-5000