RDCCC S1 - Chevrolet Camaro Cup (STCC - The Game)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yves Larose

Premium
758202Camaro_Iroc_Z_challenge_flyer.jpg

Open to all RD trial and premium members​

Class: STCC Camaro Cup​

Number of races: 4​

Schedule

1. Mid-Ohio none chicane - Monday March 2nd 2009 - 45 minutes
2. Road America - Monday March 16th 2009 - 45 minutes
3. Watkins Glenn Nascar layout - Monday March 30th 2009 - 45 minutes
4. Mosport 77 - Monday April 13th 2009 - 45 minutes​

Format

Practice @ 20:00 GMT - 1 hour
Qualifiers @ 21:00 GMT - 15 minutes Superpole
Warmup @ 21:15 GMT - 10 minutes
Race @ 21:25 GMT - 45 minutes

Points Distribution

Race points are awarded when a driver completed: >= 75% of the total time of the race.​

Qualifying points

• P1: 1
Race points
  • P1: 20
  • P2: 17
  • P3: 15
  • P4: 13
  • P5: 11
  • P6: 10
  • P7: 9
  • P8: 8
  • P9: 7
  • P10: 6
  • P11: 5
  • P12: 4
  • P13: 3
  • P14: 2
  • P15: 1
Fastest Laptime: 1​

Weather

Dry condition

Rolling Start (manual)

Single driver Challenge

Costum skin allowed ( see details in the skin thread )

No weight penalities

Mandatory pitstop

Qualified 6th
Finished 5th

What a great track for these cars they feel right at home here and hitting the rev limiter on the straight made it very hard to overtake.
My setup and strategy worked well and i could of had 4th if i did not make a couple of stupid mistakes.
I managed to get a good run on Bob as we ended the first flying lap and i got the inside line going into turn one and managed to make the pass after that i just tried to stay with the pack in front but the 3 second gap soon became 4 then 5 and so on until one or 2 mistakes were made and i managed to get past Andreas but a couple of laps later Andreas caught my rear and spun me so we both lost a place to Bob as i turned the car and Andreas waited so we both set off after Bob again and he was kind enough to spin at the same corner that Andreas had some laps earlier which let us both through, and i think it was then as Andreas did not slow so much for Bob and managed to pass me also :curse:
I managed to keep a steady distance between myself and Andreas as he seamed to struggle a bit once his fronts started to wear and when he pitted on lap 13 he had maybe a second or 2 of a lead so when i pitted the next lap i only changed the front tyres and came out with at least a 6 second lead on him :laugh2: but he soon closed me down and went past me as i spun after forgetting to shift the brake balance to compensate for the worn rears :shame:
Toward the end i could close the gap a bit and it hovered between 4 and 5 seconds and my car started to feel good again as the tyre wear started to balance out again and car began to feel nearly as good as it did at the race start but Andreas was just to good for me and kept the gap at 4 seconds.

So in the end i was happy with my 5th place and i do not know about the rest of you but to me these Camaro's are proving to be one of the most enjoyable cars to race, i just wish we could change the diff settings or gears to make a lot more tracks available for them to race on.

Not so big a turn out for this one but it was still a great event, so thanks to all who made it so :good:

Qualify: 4th - Finish: 2nd

Front four seemed to make a break from the start and early dicing and position swapping with Andreas until he bit too much curb and was gone,not long after Yves had a curb moment and i was 2nd about 4secs off of Chris,i made a good attempt at closing the gap but overall lost out when i pitted same lap as him over 6secs down.
I took a decision to change only front tyres and it gave me a 2sec lead leaving pits,but i always felt vulnerable and couldnt hold tight enough to hold the lead so finish 2nd.
Grats Chris and Yves all all who finish this one.
Many Thanks Yves and RD :good:.

once again i want to thanks everybody that showed up for the race :)

Qualy: before the event start i had planned to go out late which i did just before Chris went out who was the last one, i was really focused and determined to get the pole which i did for 10 to 20 seconds until Chris crossed the line and grabbed it within less the .200 from me :mad-tongue:

Race: starting second and i had a good start and was keeping up with Chris and we were pulling away from the pack but a few laps in the race i went too much on the inside and touched the curb making me spun and lost 2 places but a few laps later Andreas made the same mistake and i was back in third place chasing Gary but once again i touched a curb and lost time behind Gary. from there i decide to settle and secure the third place. the pitstop was troubleless and took 4 tyres and a full tank of fuel. in the second part of the race it was pretty lonely but i manage to pull the best lap of the race ( 1:42:6xx ) and surprisely with a few laps from the end i saw the gab to Gary and Chris drop very fast but not enuff for me to fight with them. finished thrid for the third time and i can be happy with it. Grats to Chris and Gary well done guy's :good: and well done to everybody :good:

So upset I missed this race, and want to apologive to yves. I had a pick up for a unit I purchased at 11:30am and I shouldve made it home, but my truck was overheating the whole way home with a trailer on and this made for a really lengthy drive home... needless to say I didnt get home anywhere near in time... pissed cause i was in the hunt for the championship and in my last practice sessiom I ran a 1:41.8 and was feeling confident for a good finish.

Hope all had good race and look forward to seeing you all at the next race.

Keith

:-/

First i must say sorry for my bad driving to Neil. In that situation was no room to pass you, i´m rally sorry.

Quali: P3

Race: P4

I hadn´t much time to train and drove only some rounds on monday. I thought i found a good setup, because i could drive 1:42.xxx in training with 40l of fuel. but for the race it was too aggressive and in some scenes i couldn´t controle it, spin more then three times and unfortunatly hit Neil what cost us much time.
But ok, had fun again with the camaro and i know i had the speed, but i was bad in constantly driving because of my aggressive setup.
Maybe i can make in Indy a fast setup which i can handle over the whole race, then it could be a happy ending in this for me not so good going league.
Congrats Chris , Gary, Yves for podium and sorry again for my mistake Neil :sorry:

Round 6 - Indianapolis infield race grid

Confirm participation
  1. Bob Miley
  2. Christopher Aponte
  3. Neil Gault
  4. Bob Luneski
  5. Gary Lennon
  6. Andreas Loffler
  7. Paulo Ribeiro
  8. Peter Bartfai
  9. Yves Larose
  10. Neil Tennant
  11. Dan Coldrick
  12. Mike Jaanus
  13. Patrick Duivelaar
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
Confirm Absence
  1. Tim Hogendoorn
  2. Jerome Benard
  3. Bram Hengeveld
  4. Ross Balfour
  5. Keith Barrick
Uncertain participation
  1. Driver
  2. Driver
  3. Driver
  4. Driver
  5. Driver

Started the fight back and caught back upto Paulo then coming to the hairpin broke early enough on the inside but car moved left, tyres touched grass and spun me into the back of Paulo, REALLY SORRY Paulo. Let Paulo pull away and was just going to cruise round in 9th, then Paulo lost it off the last turn so I went through and eventually started putting some lap times in to finish a very sad 8th.

Writing this it came to me that Paulo may have lost control due to damage caused by our coming together, if so then I would like Paulo to get my points.

Bob, i understand your feelings. You are a trully gentleman and fair driver.
That was a pure race incident. In fact i made so many mistakes last night, that i simple deserved to finished last. My damage icon was yellow since lap 5, my first mistake, when you hit me it turns red and it became worst
to keep on track TBH, but if i didn't so many mistakes earlier i probably would not be there in front of you been too much slower than you...what i mean is that
your points are deserved and i mean that.
It's a pleasure race with/against you Bob.

Never did so many mistakes in 45 minutes than yesterday.
My race was recovering and crash...recovering and crash...untill i had no more time and car conditions to recover... :rotfl:

Congrats to podium and to all finishers.
Great fairplay behavior from John Bergqvist, that never quit race even
with 2 laps down. :wink2:
Almost forgot to mention the clean and good fights with all i was envolved.

Thanks Yves and RD!

one thing

WHOOOOOOOoooo :)

we may be small in group....but damn we can have the most fun :D
going for this round I thought I was slow.
But qualify brought some big surprise, as I was just most cruising and try to make minimum error, thinking a top 5 for me is good enough
buuzzzzzzz
Did a pole with .2 second faster than Yves......I really could not believe that...lol :)
As for the race it was intense, trying to create gap to Gary and he making it small again

And knowing you will go for 2 tires, I decided to gamble and take 4 again.....and see where I can pass you
booooy trying to pass you was intense :)....sorry for the tiny kisses :)
IN the end was able to pass Gary and see how Yves could catch us.....but lucky me time ran out so was able to bring it home

tnx guys for this awesome round...up to the final round :(

Right I will start. As I will not be able to practice until the day before the race due to holidays and RDTCC just did 5laps with 80L best time 1:39.7 on 5th lap, but there seems a lot more there if you get the braking right, which I never do lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes