RDCCC S1 - Chevrolet Camaro Cup (STCC - The Game)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yves Larose

Premium
758202Camaro_Iroc_Z_challenge_flyer.jpg

Open to all RD trial and premium members​

Class: STCC Camaro Cup​

Number of races: 4​

Schedule

1. Mid-Ohio none chicane - Monday March 2nd 2009 - 45 minutes
2. Road America - Monday March 16th 2009 - 45 minutes
3. Watkins Glenn Nascar layout - Monday March 30th 2009 - 45 minutes
4. Mosport 77 - Monday April 13th 2009 - 45 minutes​

Format

Practice @ 20:00 GMT - 1 hour
Qualifiers @ 21:00 GMT - 15 minutes Superpole
Warmup @ 21:15 GMT - 10 minutes
Race @ 21:25 GMT - 45 minutes

Points Distribution

Race points are awarded when a driver completed: >= 75% of the total time of the race.​

Qualifying points

• P1: 1
Race points
  • P1: 20
  • P2: 17
  • P3: 15
  • P4: 13
  • P5: 11
  • P6: 10
  • P7: 9
  • P8: 8
  • P9: 7
  • P10: 6
  • P11: 5
  • P12: 4
  • P13: 3
  • P14: 2
  • P15: 1
Fastest Laptime: 1​

Weather

Dry condition

Rolling Start (manual)

Single driver Challenge

Costum skin allowed ( see details in the skin thread )

No weight penalities

Mandatory pitstop

Practice

Never quite matched my offline pace.

Qualifying

Very happy with a mid 1:39 and 6th on the grid.

Race

As usual got off to an iffy start and put myself under pressure which saw Peter pass me:curse:. Kept pressuring to pass back and eventually Peter made a mistake and through I went:dance2:. Then proceeded to pull away with consistent lap times. The dreaded pitstop came and was jumping for joy not to overshoot my box for the first time:party2:. The problem came when the car wouldn`t start again:bad:and lost about 12 seconds.
Came out just behind Neil and got pretty frustrated not being able to pass. Tried to cut inside on a couple of turns but Neil closed the door, once causing me to clip his rear wing (sorry Neil), so decided to calm down, so much so I made a slight mistake letting Pat through. This worked to my advantage though as Pat`s pressure on Neil caused them both to outbrake themselves and let me through to 3rd, a position I kept till the end for my first league podium:party2::party2::party2:.

Don`t know what happened to a few drivers who dropped out but was unfortunate for Gary and his push for the title.

Congratulations Christopher Aponte a deserved winner of the league after consistent wins and excellent driving.

Thanks to everyone for hard but very fair driving and making this the best experience.

Thanks to Yves for organising this amazing league and the hard work put into it and the race videos that go with it.

I thoroughly enjoyed this competition, the Monday nights will never be the same and look forward to another camaro league if it ever comes to pass.

:party2::party2::party2::party2::party2::party2::party2::party2::party2::party2::party2:

Qualy: 2nd behind Chris

Race: Could hold my 2nd place must it defending hard against Gary. A little tap from Gary and Chris was 2 sec away. For me was hard to find a rythm with the fatser Yves and Gary behind me. Little mistakes and both could pass me.
After 14 laps had only 3.2 l and had to go in pit. I dont knew why but Chris, Gary and Yves drove two rounds more. Result: Gary and Yves go out without fuel :wink2: only for Chris it worked :question:
This luck gives me my first podium this season :second: - i´m very happy with my best result in the last race - but normally i had finish the race on 4th.

For me, a conciliatory end after some disappointing races in this league :)

Crongratulation Chris, you show the best race performance and you earn the title. :clap2:

i want to thanks everybody that showed up for the last round and make it exciting :)

Qualy : i was convident to get pole but i locked my rear wheels at T1 and cut it so i decided to not pushed as hard as i could for the rest of the lap to penilazed myself from cutting, got 4th place.

race : i knew that if i wanted to have a chance for the win that i had to pass Gary and Andreas early in the race to be able to catch Chris. i was careful and avoid contact and try to see both Gary and Andreas weak spot, after a few laps battling with them Gary and Andreas came in contact ( slight one ) and could pass Gary who ran wide. started pressuring Andreas and noticed that he was going wide almost each time at T4 and manage passed him under acceleration coming of it. from there i was able to pull a little bit over 2 sec from them and catch Chris a little bit at the same time. then came the message that i was running out of fuel and thought i could make another lap but no chance for me even with alot of short shifting my tank was empty by the end of the back straight. game over and end of my season :disapointed:

Grats to Chris for the championship tittle, wd to everybody else for making this happen and hopefully see you all in 2010 for another exciting championship with the Camaro :wink2:

Thanks guy's, it was a pleasure organizing it and racing it with you all, very fair and clean drivers all of you. but you all made it happen, without you all i would have been alone on track so thank you guy's for this wonderful season and hopefully see you all in 2010 :)

Qualified 8th
Finished 6th

Well it was a great race on a very challenging track, some good little scraps in the first half of the race then Patrick started to close me down as we approached half distance so i pitted early and tried to make use of the fresh tyres and it worked as i past Peter and Bob while they were in the pits and pulled out a good lead from Patrick.
Bob soon started to put me under pressure and i had to drive with one eye on my mirror all the time and this allowed peter and Patrick to close up on us both which made for a 4 way scrap for 3rd place, and as my tyres were the oldest i started to lock the fronts a bit and left it too late in one corner for the state my tyres were in and i lost 3 places in one corner as i went wide :weep:
The next lap or 2 Peter did the same and then Patrick started to slide about and it could of been any us of who grabbed 4th and i think there was less then 1 second between the 3 of us as we crossed the line.

I have loved this Camaro league and will hopefully be one of the first to sign up for the next one when it comes along.

Congrats to the podium and thanks to all for a great seasons racing :good:

Congratulations for your Championship win Christopher. :cheer2:
Well done to the vice champ aswell, Gary. :clap2:

Again, i didn't practice at all. Again i strugled for a decent setup.
Amazing that with full grids (1st half of the season) i managed
better results than 2nd half. Anyway, my setup apparently was
very balanced, later on race i descovered that the setup was really
balanced but only for 4 laps. :doh: Yeh, after four laps my rear tires
were with 70% efficacy.
So, after 5 laps from each stint, my car was oversteering like mad. :tsk:
Oh well, my fault for the bad setup tho. :p
And another weird thing, when i went
to the starting grid, my engine was only with 42% of healthy. :scared:
Which made me lost top speed and acceleration. Finished race with 34%.
Practice session was at 85% to 95%, qual 92% and warmup 102%.
I was playing and reving high in the warmup, could it be that?

Congrats on your final 4th place Patrick on our private fight, well deserved.:thumb:

Well done to all and the nice pace at the end of the season.

Cheers.

First of all, thanks to Yves for organizing this league!
I have to say sorry to Peter for what happened in the warming up lap.
I was watching in my mirror, seeing that Paulo went wide, and before I knew it, I hit the back of the car from Peter, who was in front of me.
Because I waited for him to come back, I was at the back of the grid when the race started. But the race was great, especially after the pitstop! A wonderful battle with Bob, Peter and Neil, and I finished 4th, my best result of the season.
I finished also as 4th in the championship, which I am very pleased with, but only 1 point from the 3rd place, and that without a podium finish in the whole season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 328 15.5%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 224 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 221 10.4%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 166 7.8%