RD Summer Fun Contest – The Ugliest Car Ever Made, 'Final Eight'

RD Tournament.png

Which of these cars is actually the ugliest ever made? Vote in the poll Now!

What can I say, the opening of the ‘RD Summer Fun Contest’ has been incredible! Many comments, many funny pictures (even a penis, which never hurts); it makes me eager to get on with the proper tournament! Deciding which cars would make it into this next stage was at times extremely easy and extremely difficult. Some were literally submerged in positive votes, some not so much. I tried to pick up the most liked and the most representative ones, along with having an eye to who had effectively respected the rules of contest of course. I am sorry if your nominee did not get to this stage, but rest assured that we have plans for more fun contests in the future!

Therefore, here we go! Remember, you have up to 2 votes this round!

Fiat Multipla
It is hard to find the words to describe it, mainly because there is none enough to describe how ugly she is. Awarded by the TIME magazine by being included in the list of the “50 Worst Cars of All Time” and by Top Gear as the “Ugliest Car” of the show, I believe it needs no further presentation. Driven almost exclusively by overly aggressive and fairly dishonest Italian taxi drivers, here it is to get your votes!

Fiat Multipla.jpg

Nissan Juke
Named Juke after a specific football and rugby move used to evade a tackler, because of its supposed agility, it slices through the air aerodynamically much more like a brick thrown in the air at full speed by a trebuchet. If you hope for a comeback to the medieval age, go ahead and vote for it!

Nissan Juke.jpg

SsangYong Rodius
This car was strongly criticised by many reviewers for its poor build quality and bad safety, performance, emissions and handling. There must be something good about it though, right? Well it seems like there really isn’t! Jeremy Clarkson described the car as “a coupe and a removal van nailed together in the most unholy merger since Caligula fell in love with his horse”. It was dubbed the “Odious Rodius” by automotive journalists, described as a “surprised hippopotamus” that was “so ugly it could frighten small children”. Ironic, since it is a family car. If you plan to do a Safari, then this car would be in its element! Vote for it now!

SsangYong Rodius.jpg

Lancia Thesis
“Well that is a cool looking car!” said no one ever looking at the Thesis. Meant to be produced in volumes of 13 to 25 thousands cars per year, it stopped production at merely 16 thousands after 8 years of production. Quite the fiasco. It has also seen a limousine and an armoured version made. If you are an aspiring dictator and are in need of a cheap representative car protecting you from militia’s RPGs, go ahead and vote for it!

Lancia Thesis.jpg

Pontiac Aztek
It was supposed to be Pontiac’s renaissance, rebirth into the new millennium. It ended up being utter extinction. Described as having "atrocious proportions wrapped in plastic body cladding", the car is notoriously famous to have been featured in the successful TV show ‘Breaking Bad’, where the protagonist, owner of the car, said himself that it is “a sign that your life didn't work out that well”. If you plan to become a drug dealer, vote for it without any hesitation!

Pontiac Aztek.jpg

Chrysler PT Cruiser
I can never forget one day, many years ago, during a hot summer just like this one, a friend of mine looking at this car, then looking back at me, and say with the utmost serenity «That car looks like a brothel on wheels». Those words got stuck in my head and come back again every time I see it. If you have pimp feelings when seeing this car on the street, then please vote for it!

Chrysler PT Cruiser.jpg

Nissan S-Cargo
So bad looking even Nissan itself refused putting its branding on it, this car wants to be a mixture of different models, namely the Citroën 2CV, the Renault 4, the Fiat 500 and the Mini Cooper. It resulted in a weird looking Frankenstein monster, seeking revenge on its owner. Being much more similar to a robot that got stuck to a freightliner butt, due to its headlights and its rear portholes, it really feels like a post-modern lab experiment. If you are a mad scientist, then the vote button for it it’s all for you!

Nissan s-cargo.jpg

Mosler Consulier GTP
The only car among this lot to have being seen racing, and winning many times truth be told, is the Consulier GTP. It looks like a weird match between a Ferrari at the sides, a Nissan GTP ZX-T at the front, and a Honda NSX at the rear. The top instead is just straight out of a submarine boat. It has the charm of a race winner, but the elegance of a cuttlefish bone. If feeling as if exploring the depth of the ocean in a sports car sounds like fun to you, then all you have to do is vote for it!

Mosler Consulier GTP.jpg

Like what you see here at RaceDepartment? Don't forget to like, subscribe and follow us on social media!

Vote now, and let us know which one you think it should win in the comments below!

Last edited:
I voted Mosler Consulier GTP not because it is necessarily the absolute ugliest, but because as a sports car it has the advantage of not needing to be practical in almost any way. Therefore, its failure is even worse than the others.

Multipla without hesitation ..... while the 2nd choice is for this strange "Escargot" ( french word for snail ) ... :confused: I meant S-Cargo ( this one has no ... horns ! :whistling: ).

In fact,...
"They've got no horns and they've got no tail
I didn't even know of its existence..... "
( Sorry Tony Banks for adapting those lyrics to my needs ! )

No wonder why ! ;)

PT Cruiser in the finals? are u serious?
Well, i think it's between S-Cargo and Multipla. As a job car i think cargo has an indult, so pretty much Multipla is the winner in my opinion. :)

Here me out:
I think that if the Aztek came out nowadays instead of the early 2000's, no one would've batted an eye over it's looks, I mean have you seen modern car designs? The big grilles and sharp angles everywhere are normal nowadays.

None of these cars are especially ugly. I actually think the S-Cargo is quite attractive. Several of these cars seem to be cars with a somewhat feminine appearance which I assume some people interpret as being ugly because it threatens their masculinity.

The actual answer is one of those new Lexuses.

None of these cars are especially ugly. I actually think the S-Cargo is quite attractive. Several of these cars seem to be cars with a somewhat feminine appearance which I assume some people interpret as being ugly because it threatens their masculinity.

The actual answer is one of those new Lexuses.
Shoulda gone to specsavers :)

Last time I had my eyes checked they said my vision was nearly perfect, and I don't think that's especially relevant to how to judge aesthetic anyway. What I see in that list is a mix of bland, slightly weird, and fairly effeminate looking vehicles.

Honestly I don't really think ugly cars are really a thing. Maybe when I was a kid, but now, unless a car has nazi propoganda all over it or something, I tend to view cars on a spectrum between white goods and works of art.

Perhaps the only cars I could really call ugly are those which fail to be works of art.

But even with that examples are hard to come by, with this being the strongest example in my mind:

1024px-2016_Lexus_RC_300h_F_Sport_CVT_2.5_Front.jpg

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back