RD MINI Challenge 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fun racing in Div 2. Elated with with 3rd after last weeks mess! Practice seems to work.

Congrats on the win Frank, just drove away from us all from the line, Think I kept the pace for most the race then just fell back.

Sorry to see Sergio and then Daniel crash out of the group as we were closely matched, such a tight circuit and not many passing places, those barriers at the hairpins are not fun when you touch them.

Pace was good seem to be getting faster each week, thought I had a chance catching Paul after Daniel span out, though unfortunately in the last 10-15 minutes my pace dropped right off having worn the front tyres. Probably braking too hard into the hairpin, better learn more on tyre management. Longest race I've done so far as well and loved every minute.

See you all next week!

Well another bit of a disaster for me in Div. 2 this weekend, but I'll share my tale of embarrassment to make the other newcomers feel better about themselves :D

I turned a 1:58.9 in the pre-qualifying practice, but only got within .5 of that during qualifying before someone took out the braking marker for turn 1 and make it a bit of a challenge from there on out! I started 8th, but learned a lesson in forgetting to run a practice start at the track beforehand. I was expecting the 5 red starting lights, so as I'm staring in confusion at the one un-illuminated light that has popped on to my screen I realize my car is in neutral and I'm rolling forward... I realize my mistake and jump on the brake right as the light turns green and the spotter yells "go! go! go!" in my ear! I quickly select first and take off, but a poor start of course, and a drive-thru penalty for moving at the start :(

So I drive around my first lap and prepare to exit into the pits for my penalty but I get a poor exit from the final turn, and then as I slow to make it into the pits someone dives alongside me so I can't turn into the entrance! Not their fault of course, they had no idea what I was doing, but unfortunate. I clipped the barrier in one of the chicanes on the next lap, but no serious damage done, then I pull into the pits to serve my penalty. As I'm driving through the pits past my pit box the spotter yells, "pit now! pit now!" which startles me. I think, "am I serving a stop and go in my box instead?" So I quickly pull in and stop...at which point they refill my fuel, change my tires, and repair my car to the tune of a full minute stop...and no drive thru penalty served. I'm cursing myself at this point, do another lap on cold tires, enter the pits yet again, and serve my penalty on the last possible lap before DQ, and come out roughly 15-20 seconds away from being lapped by the leaders on lap 4, and 1:20 behind the nearest competitor.

So I just decide to try to drive a smooth race, be prepared to let the leaders by cleanly, and take advantage if anyone has any problems. There were a couple retirements so I gained some places, and I made up 40 seconds on the person in front of me, but was of course still 40 more seconds from catching them, and the leaders never caught me, though I believe Ernie was maybe two seconds behind me at the end (I hope I didn't hold you up, I was preparing to pull over and let you by when the race ended).

So, another quiet race driving around at the back and a valuable lesson in preparation and focus, and another indication that I'm a better hot-lapper than racer at this point! :D Congrats to Ernie, Paul, and everyone else. See you at Hockenheim!

Would just like to point out that the stream was solid as a....

greywacke1.jpg

I had a godd race, no major errors -no major pace either eheheh:p, but in the end it was a very good event w/ a great, fair and intense fight w/ @EireGreen™ (Michael Klein) till the finish line.
Looking forward Hockenheim already!
Congrats to the podium guys and everybody else
...and Ernie @Frank Lehmann and other aliens, hope you go up Div1 now and stop embarrassing (most of) us already:D:D:D Great driving really:cool:
Cheers

[...]what happened to you @Franklin Stegink ? Two flat tires..?wt#:cautious:..

@Frank Lehmann Yep there's a balance to find to try and reward success without over doing it. We'll certainly look at it next time around. Enjoy you're run in Div 1 next week ;)
Thanks Dave. Yes, finding the balance isn't that easy. But i'm sure you'll find a better solution for an upcoming season.:thumbsup:

Best example are the results of Round 4 of Division 1. There were only 22 drivers in division 1. The last finisher has scored 4 points more than me as winner of div 2. And even without the 2 DNFs every driver could score even or more points as every driver in division 2.

I wonder why there were only 22 drivers in division 1? And why it is not possible to fill out the grid with div 2 drivers. I'm sure 2 drivers of div 2 would have been happy to join div 1.:rolleyes:

Had an absolute blast. Really close and fair racing. I wasn't close enough to some of the incidents and only saw the aftermath of two so wasn't sure if a coming together or just lapse in concentration.
I know I had a couple of lapses... two track violations, one near the start as it was a little charged at the beginning and then later on in the race but I lifted for this one.
All in all an awesome race and thanks to the other racers and of course the RD staff for organising.

I had a decent race in Div 2. I was slow, as expected, and ended up 13th. There were a couple times where someone was closely following me, and then I looked in the mirror to see the car tweedling in the grass. One time, I bobbled Turn 3 (the fast left hand sweeper) and ended up getting tapped, but I managed to keep it going generally in the right direction (Dave S. did not fare so well I think). I hope that I'm not causing accidents; I think I'm keeping it clean, if not fast, but please let me know if there's anything I can do to drive more cleanly.

... though I believe Ernie was maybe two seconds behind me at the end (I hope I didn't hold you up, I was preparing to pull over and let you by when the race ended).
All fine, Colin.:thumbsup: Your pace was good and my front tires were almost gone the last few laps.

Absences can be reported until 24 hours before the start of the practice. This means you are both too late.
Do you mean I am out of the season? :(

"A one time absence is permitted during the season provided you notify the league director within 24 hours of the commencement of the practice session (13:00 UTC), and it is a valid reason"

I sent my absence asap and I didn't know that will cause disqualification.
So sad, I was really excited joinning every race with the community... :(:(:(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play