RD MINI Challenge 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for explanation, Dave.:thumbsup: As i said, it's my first season here and i didn't checked the rules for former seasons. And yes you're right, my result in Round 1 was poor and now i see the consequences.

Surely, there's no perfect system. But the current point system favours div 1 drivers to a large extent.
And yes, i'm fully aware that the performance density in div 1 is much higher. But to be a little exaggerated, as long as you see the finish line, you can easily "survive" in division 1 with 4-5 bad results, where one single fail in div 2 could make it almost impossible to promote.
(Even if just to "hibernate" in div 1 shouldn't be the main goal for the championship):rolleyes:

Last edited:
Just a heads up I live in South Africa where electricity is not a priority of the people that run the country, we have been without power for 4 hours last night and as I am writing this we don’t have power again. If I am able to join today’s event it will be a miracle. I am using my mobile to post this, apologies in advance but somethings are out of our control,
Power back let’s hopw it stays this way.

Last edited:
This season in the background has also been used as a proving ground for some internal tools we're working on to make the management of such systems easier and faster.

If the scoring is handled by these tools they may need some tweaking. :p It looks like Chris Butcher has been wacked with a double penalty. His score should be 304 by my calculations. He's 15 points fewer than that atm, on 289.

I thought the original penalty was a little harsh but there's no need to take him to the cleaners :D

Paul will be hosting and his internet is beast.
sit-back-and-relax-i-got-this-meme.jpg

Quite good battles going on in Div2! @praxtonio amazing racing at the end, I almost thought it was over and there was one more lap! I hope I gave you enough space on the track; thank you for having been clean during the battle :thumbsup: but the last corner was ninja style :confused: you just disappeared :ninja:

Congratulations again Frank, and Paul Joseph and Rob - good pressure, it was fun :) and thanks to RD as always - see you all next week!

Last edited:
Well, after crashing myself out on lap 2 ruining any chance i had at the championship, that turned out to be one awesome race! Rejoined dead last after my incident and finished P8. Great job today @Ross McGregor with the win! Looks like you snatched that very late on. Awesome job by @Chris Shepherd and @Chris Butcher, well done guys! Looking forward to the final round, see you all there! :thumbsup:

That was a pretty hectic race- the 40 minutes flew by!

Managed to grab pole, but was fortunate as I messed up the final turn on my fastest lap.

The race started ok, but it was difficult to break the slipstream. After a couple of attempts, Chris B got past and I was quite happy to follow for a while. I got a run on him at one point, but couldn’t seal the deal, so this let Chris S through into 2nd. The two Chris’ battled away, resulting in Chris B hitting the grass, letting me chase after Chris S. (I haven’t see the replay so not sure how it all happened)

I made a few attempts on him in the final 25 minutes or so, but nothing really worked, and by this stage I definitely felt like I had more tyres underneath me. So on the final lap I tried a Hail Mary round the outside at the chicane and it luckily came off- although the rest of the lap was horrendous as I missed every apex! Somehow I held on, and was glad to finish what was probably one of the best league races I’ve been involved in! Cheers @Chris Shepherd !

Thanks to the admins and broadcast crew for another enjoyable and well-organised event.

Thanks all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play