RD MINI Challenge 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
Round 3 Brand Hatch Indy
Pazsy vs Zamora; Moderate Incident where a lapped driver (Zamora) races a leading driver (Pazsy) and causes an incident forcing him off track. This is a first and final warning to respect blue flags at all times (see the league documents how to handle such situations) on the next offense a disqualification will be issued.

Flyers R4.jpg

Race Details:
Race Schedule:
  • 19:00 GMT - Free Practice, 30 minutes
  • 19:30 GMT - Qualification, 20 minutes
  • 19:50 GMT - Warm up, 10 minutes
  • 20:00 GMT - Race, 80 minutes (+ formation lap)
Server Settings:
  • Automatic Clutch: Yes
  • Automatic Gears: Yes
  • Traction Control: No
  • Anti-Lock Braking: Yes
  • Stability Control: No
  • Spin Recovery: No
  • Steering Assist: No
  • Braking Assist: No
  • Auto Pitstop: No
  • Flag Rules: Full
  • Fuel Usage: 2x
  • Tire Usage: 1x
  • Mech Failures: Normal
  • Damage Multiplier: 50%
Entry List
  1. @Bram (Bram Hengeveld) | The Netherlands | Roaring Pipes Maniacs | 27
  2. @Paul Joseph | United Kingdom | The Might Forth | 29
  3. @Norman Bruce | United Kingdom | Team Margarita | 49
  4. @PicoBp (Tamas Pazsy) | Hungary | Banzaaaiii TCC | 26
  5. @alexSchmurtz (Alex Schmurtz) | France | SpeedyMite Racing | 96
  6. @Steve Le Gallez | United Kingdom | L G Racing | 19
  7. @Shawn Jacobs | Australia | SpeedyMite Racing | 84
  8. @quicksilver384 | United Kingdom | Roaring Pipes Maniacs | 85
  9. @Franklin Stegink | The Netherlands | Dutch Veteran Racing | 44
  10. @Dexter (Catalin Sasu) | Romania | Celtic | 55
  11. @Thomas Hinss | Australia | Copenhagen Apex | 10
  12. @Ingemar Petersson | Sweden | Petersson Racing | 58
  13. @praxtonio (Sergio Mengual) | Spanish | Golosina Racing | 68
  14. @KoshaPashkin (Pavel Koshkin) | Russia | SR Team | 60
  15. @Ross McGregor | United Kingdom | rjmautosport | 32
  16. @Mike McGeer | South Africa | M2Racing | 69
  17. @Dennis Phelan | United States | Team Margarita | 42
  18. @Enzo Fazzi | Italian | Revolution Racing | 33
  19. @PurgerUK (Steve Kenwood) | United Kingdom | Mid Pack Racing | 4
  20. @Rob Milliken | United States | FKR | 56
  21. @Jazz Forsberg | France | STAX Racing | 09
  22. @Mark Breslin | United Kingdom | Mighty Forth | 5
  23. @Geoffrey Fournier | France | rjmautosport | 47
  24. @DrSayers (Nick Sayers) | United Kingdom | Subito Motorsport | 68
  25. @Leon Charmant | Netherlands | LC Motorsport | 5
  26. @Davy Vandevenne - Camera's
  27. @Nox (Andrew James) - Commentator 1
  28. @pjlee1998 (Peter Lee) - Commentator 2
Absent:
  • @Yapci (Yapci Zamora) | Spain | M Team | 22
  • @BioForce (Christian Schumann) | Germany | KIB Racing | 66

Reserves:
Removed:

• @Jose Vasconcelos | Portugal | Team Old Man | 53 (League suspension following RDGTC incident)
  • @Devon Peak | United States | Daedalic Works | 24 (Did not show up at round 2)
  • @Haitham86 (Haitham Abdelkader) | Egypte | Dubai Sim-Racing Team | Default skin (99) (Did not show up at round 2)
  • @Andrew Waring | Canada | STAX Racing | 06 (Did not show up at round 2)

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi @Bram , following my incident last race and in order to improve mistakes I got some questions regarding blue flags and how to act in specific cases. I was going to open a new thread but as this is official league I think that's staff stuff. So I will make questions here so anyone can read the official answers and have a guide more specific than what rule says about blue flags to avoid doing what I did last race and having problems with other drivers.

THIS QUESTIONS DOESNT PRETEND TO CREATE A DISCUSSION WITH ANYONE NEITHER CREATING A FIGHT THREAD. I JUST HAVE DOUBTS ABOUT THE RULE AND THINK IT WILL BE GOOD FOR ALL TO SEE THE ANSWERS FROM THE STAFF TOO JUST IN CASE THEY SEE THEMSELVES IN THE SAME SITUATION.

So here I go:

1. Lets suppose you have an accident or a too long pit stop that makes you be overlapped (usually in small circuits). But you are few tenths of a second slower that driver who overlap you. I think you got to let them pass, stay behind and how many laps you got to stay behind (maybe slowing your pace) before you can try to undo the overlap?

2. Lets suppose you are overlapped and the guy that overlap you makes some mistakes ahead you that make you again be close and probably undo the overlap because you are faster/more consistent. Can you try to overtake them?

3. Lets suppose that a guy overlapped you but he is having troubles to maintain the pace (tires/ mechanical or whatever problems he has). Can you try to overtake them?

4. In what distance can faster guys start flashing lights when they are about to overlap you? (In Mini cases, speeds are not that big to allow them overtake you in 700 meters distance without the other driver slowing/braking hardly, which can cause incidents). I think in some cases this distract a lot the driver that is going to be overlapped, which is usually slower, and probably less experienced, which can cause more troubles than simply flashing lights when you are close enough to try the overtake.

5. We know that we got to let them pass in the next safe place of the track, but some times the fastest guys start flashing lights like crazy in places were it's not safe to let them pass without you going clearly of line, braking heavily or doing rare things (which can cause more incidents than them waiting for the next straight). So is there some kind of penalti for them who abuse of flashing lights and make cars ahead (slower) get nervous, making mistakes or maybe even ruin the lap/race of the overlapping guy?

I know faster guys like Ross and a few are much faster even in small circuits so they don't usually have problems, and I guess that this problems usually won't happen in big circuits because differences are bigger, but in a small circuit where difference between pole and last is less than a second things change.

Again, I don't try to be rude or make problems/discussions. Just want to get things clarified for me and for the rest who might find them useful. I'm just asking Staff to do it, I mean everyone who wants can post what they want (obviously) but lets have clear that my intention is not to have a discussion between us but for clarification from the staff. I just got a driver angry with me and I don't want to have problems with anyone else in here. I'm here to have fun.

From me, what Staff says is what it's going to be, no discussion, so I'm waiting for an answer.

Thanks, sorry and keep up the good work.

Thanks for the valid questions. Most answers can be found in the league documents in the flag signals section.

Lets suppose you have an accident or a too long pit stop that makes you be overlapped (usually in small circuits). But you are few tenths of a second slower that driver who overlap you. I think you got to let them pass, stay behind and how many laps you got to stay behind (maybe slowing your pace) before you can try to undo the overlap?
In most cases being lapped means you are significantly slower than your opponent that is approaching. Fighting the position is not allowed as long as you are receiving blue flags by the marshals.

This however doesn't mean that you can't unlap yourself when you are significantly faster though. But and this essential, if you try to overtake a driver that lapped you and something goes wrong you will receive a hefty penalty as you are the one to blame.

Lets suppose you are overlapped and the guy that overlap you makes some mistakes ahead you that make you again be close and probably undo the overlap because you are faster/more consistent. Can you try to overtake them?

When you are consistently faster you can make a clean attempt. Again when causing a collision you'll be in trouble.

Lets suppose that a guy overlapped you but he is having troubles to maintain the pace (tires/ mechanical or whatever problems he has). Can you try to overtake them?

When you are consistently faster than him and can safely unlap yourself, yes.

In what distance can faster guys start flashing lights when they are about to overlap you?
For this I refer to the league rules again, section 6.4 about car signals

We know that we got to let them pass in the next safe place of the track, but some times the fastest guys start flashing lights like crazy in places were it's not safe to let them pass without you going clearly of line, braking heavily or doing rare things (which can cause more incidents than them waiting for the next straight). So is there some kind of penalti for them who abuse of flashing lights and make cars ahead (slower) get nervous, making mistakes or maybe even ruin the lap/race of the overlapping guy?
As soon as possilbe you will have to let a faster driver get passed on the next safe opportunity which is in most cases immediately (unless you are in a three wide battle for example). Easing off the throttle can be done anywhere in 99% of the occassions.

Heavy flashing is not allowed. See again the league rules section 6.4. In case of excessive overuse and you feel wronged by it you should do the same as in all occasions and send our race stewards a little video with an incident report about and it will be looked at and penalized when needed.

I hope this answers your questions, if not let me know :)

Thanks. All clear. (And oc I have read the rules but signals is usually overused so I had doubts and unlapping is not especifically defined in the rules).

P.S: Could you please tell me how to save a replay from the race? Or is it automatically saved in some folder?

I think some simple changes could make it easier for all prepared and understanding league drivers to understand. Red, remove text and replace or add with blue. Grayed out, remove. I would not expect it to be done mid-league though.

6.3 Overtaking and Defending
A blue flag indicates a faster driver is closing in and that he will be allowed to pass.
When a driver receives a blue flag signal he must should let the faster driver pass as soon as possible and before he becomes a hindrance. This means he must allow the faster driver to pass on the next safe opportunity. On road courses this is always is usually within three corners of the first signal.....
(The old first sentence doesn't tell the story. Other changes give give more flexibility but allow a failure to respond point.)

6.4 Car Signals
A) A faster driver may flash his headlights once at a slower driver to warn him he is about to be lapped.Once a faster driver has approached a lapped car and feels hindered, the faster driver may flash his headlights once. Excessive flashing is not permitted.
(The blue flag is the signal to the slower driver. When a slower driver has failed to see the blue flag and and or has not responded to it and the faster driver believes he has been hindered then he may flash his lights.Besides reminding a driver of his responsibilities it gives a "bookmark" for post-race action.)

Just my thoughts :) Actually, this is how I address it as a slow driver, I haven't had a chance to act that way when lapping :(

Last edited:
Didn't even know that black hole excisted. Has anybody informed the creator of the track @Patrick Giranthon about this in the past?
Yes, because this video is originally from a post to inform Patrick about this hole: http://www.racedepartment.com/threads/silverstone-2-seasons-drs.123663/page-3#post-2337128
I don't think it has been updated since then… but everybody should be fine if we all keep at least 2 wheels within the white line like we should in a club race… :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

To join the OverTake Racing Club races I want them to be: (multiple choice)

• Free to access

Votes: 231 87.8%
  • Better structured events

Votes: 48 18.3%
  • Better structured racing club forum

Votes: 37 14.1%
  • More use of default game content

Votes: 39 14.8%
  • More use of fixed setups

Votes: 69 26.2%
  • No 3rd party registration pages

Votes: 89 33.8%