RD MINI Challenge 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.
Drivers @Julian Dietz @Otto Wilson @Fabio Russo were observed cutting the track or exceeding track limits an excessive number of times. Noted drivers are hereby deducted 2 points for not observing track limits and given official notice that overly excessive cutting / exceeding track limits in future rounds will be penalised with further point deductions.

Drivers @Jason @Andres Redondo @Alessandro Di Domenicantonio @Ariciuc Razvan were also observed exceeding track limits, but not to the same level. Noted drivers are given official notice to be more observant of track limits in future races.

Note: 3 consecutive laps were observed of each driver in the league, and cuts were tallied. While I don't have time to watch everybody's entire races, and it is easy to break track limits now and again, 3 laps in a row gives a good indicator of whether drivers are respecting track limits as a whole. Penalised drivers cut the track or exceeded track limits a minimum of 12 times each over those 3 laps, and one driver 20 times in 3 laps.

Drivers @Allan Groth and @Ryan Walker crossed 4 wheels across the white pit entry border line when entering the pits, not entering the pit entry lane at its start. Other drivers were observed keeping two wheels on either side. All drivers are given official notice that breaches of this nature (pit entry, and pit exit) in the rest of the league will be penalised with a 2 point deduction. Cars entering the pits must be within the white line and may not cross it with any wheels when pitting. Similarly, you may not cross the white line on pit exit.

Ow2A8ge.jpg

(Picture taken from a special club event, which is why it isn't a Mini Challenge)

The time for reporting incidents has now been closed. Official results here.

GSC 2015-01-17 10-01-23-30.jpg
GSC 2015-01-17 09-52-39-91.jpg
GSC 2015-01-17 10-07-42-53.jpg
GSC 2015-01-17 19-07-36-69.jpg
GSC 2015-01-17 19-09-38-10.jpg
GSC 2015-01-17 19-09-37-13.jpg
GSC 2015-01-17 10-01-30-80.jpg
GSC 2015-01-17 19-07-59-39.jpg
GSC 2015-01-17 19-08-34-30.jpg
GSC 2015-01-17 10-01-23-30.jpg
Here are some screenshots from the race. Great stuff guys!;) currently uploading a video of the first four laps of the race, will post when ready. I'm supposed to be sleeping as I am on overnights this week at work, but I am up, can't sleep any longer:O_o:

First four laps of the race from my view. Would have loved to capture some video highlights of others on track but it lags quite a bit except from my view. See link below and enjoy!

Reactions: Nox
Cant get the track to load for some reason? I downloaded the new version installed ok, just hangs on loading, then get "gmotor error, error loading texture flagai for material FLAGAI_A"
any idea's? :(
I must have been practising on an older version :O_o:

Still no luck, gsync not solving it either, not sure, will keep trying till start.....

Last edited:
Wow! What a hell of a race. FINALLY!!!:) I had a good race. I managed to stay very much consistent, wasn't fast enough, but I had good pace though out. Qualified P14 and finished P11 to finsih inside the points. Puts me at zero because of my penalty last week. I had a good start and managed to survive the first chicane, and we were all jammed packed but gave each other room for some exciting close racing. After that I was in a zone, kept my eyes glued to track controlling the car well (love this G27 of mine):rolleyes:, and I like the challenge of driving on this track. Never raced on it before. Then within the last 10 minutes @Manuel Palacios made a mistake and went off. I passed him easily and I pulled away and maintained my position. I caught up with @JeffL for points but couldn't pass him.

This is what I wanted from the start of the season for myself, consistent, clean driving and having fun.
Nox, we'll find each other on the track next week.;)
Thank you @Nox and RD great event! Congrats to @Andrian Campfield for the win and podium finishers:thumbsup:

Last edited:
Congrats to Mr. Campfield, glad that one is over, Had a lotta fun with the fellas on teamspeak. By the way GUYS, one minute, in the whole week before, check to see if your gonna have server problems. LOL:roflmao:. Thanks for the work @Nox and @Davy Vandevenne. See ya at Brasillia.:)

Once again a great learning experience for me. I was mad for the mistake i made, and i lost the podium place, but the pressure was on by @Ryan Walker the whole race.

4th. Place is very good, considering the fact that these guys around me are much more experienced online drivers,who are in a racing team.

I have driven almost a year now,after the restart of my sim racing hobby.
With my dfgt wheel, i have learned much more about controlling the cars. And i hope that i can update at least my pedals to a better set in near future. :)

Thanks for a great time :thumbsup:

Interesting race last night, not quite as exciting as round 1, but the circuit was challenging enough to keep me awake.

Qualified P2, a few tenths away from my best but either way Adrian was in a different league over one lap. Although it was a tricky session with traffic. I accidently punted 2 cars out of the way, both were unintentional, however rejoining the track in front of a front runner, then braking 100m too early isn't the smartest thing to do. Its tough to manage traffic over a 15 minute session with 25 cars, so if you do have an 'off' somewhere, think a little more before rejoining! I have always accepted that everyone, no matter how quick, is entitled to stick to their line when setting a quick lap, so faster drivers should be patient. However, if you have already ruined your lap, please be more courteous to others.

The race was a little dull for me. I was keeping Adrian very honest for the first 4 or 5 laps, but made a huge mistake in the final chicane which cost me around 3 - 4 seconds. That allowed Adrian to break the tow. Having already made 1 mistake I decided that discretion is the better part of valour and wasn't pushing so much through the last chicane. With a decent gap back to 3rd place I was happy to take P2.

Congratulations again to Adrian, he's a class act! It has occured to me now to win the Championship I will need to win every race until the end of the season if Adrian is P2. Tall order but I'll be giving it my all next time out.

Thanks Andrew / RD / Davy for putting on another good show.

See you next week!

Round 2 Race Control
The red zone has been reviewed and no further investigations will occur. Driver @Antmerino is kindly reminded to be more careful, thankfully the contact with the car ahead did not disadvantage anyone significantly.

Track Limits
In general, track limits were observed. @Adrian Campfield (and less so @Guus Verver) was observed exceeding track limits repeatedly in the final corner. Official warning is given to Adrian Campfield to observe all track limits in future. You're fast enough without needing to cut the track or run wide to carry more speed. Due to the nature of the corner, and the fact that the rest of the track limits were respected through the rest of the circuit, I am giving the benefit of the doubt and no penalty will be imposed. Future infringements of this nature will be met with a point deduction penalty.

Thanks all, I saw pretty clean racing throughout.

Apgn4Kp.jpg

Track: Brasilia
Skin Pack: Download

Round 2 was a challenge and a half and the battles are still pretty close right down the field. See the current league standings here.

All drivers in the main list are expected to show. Absentees who do not report here at least 24 hours before the event may find themselves demoted to the reserves or removed from the league.

Practice: Open all day of the event
Qualifying: 19:20 GMT (15 minutes, unlimited laps)
Warm Up: 19:35 GMT (10 minutes)
Race: 19:45 GMT (45 minutes, mandatory pit stop to change at least two tyres).

All races will begin with a standing start, without a formation lap. A pit stop to change at least two tyres is mandatory. Refueling is permitted, but not required. Although written for the Formula Vees, the pit stop guide here contains useful information if you're unfamiliar with pitting.

Red Zone - On Lap 1, the start straight and turn 1 are considered a red zone (see map below). This simply means that the replay of the starts will be looked at automatically - any incidents caused by overly aggressive behaviour or rules being broken will be penalised more so than incidents elsewhere. It is a league, so be competitive, but don't destroy other people's races. Remember this league is for all skill levels so not everyone will take every corner the same as you, or brake as late as you.

Yt1DSel.jpg

Example of track limits for a track.

Server password: click here
Racing rules: click here

Some info for Teams:
To talk with your team mate during the race to plan pit stop strategy, etc., you may create a room on the TeamSpeak server. Just select the GSC or RDMCC channel, open the menu with right mouse button and click "Create Sub-Channel". Enter a name in the pop-up and hit OK.
8UEEwel.jpg
2R8ftAe.jpg

Main Driver List (may be updated through the week)
@Nox (Andrew James)
@Warren Schembri
@Mark Breslin
@Yuri Kasdorp
@Jason (Skyring)
@JeffL (Jeff Lasecki)
@Antmerino (Antonio Merino)
@PaulH (Paul Hurlow)
@Paul Joseph
@Genci Estebanez
@Jimi Hughes
@Troy Barman
@Guus Verver
@Ariciuc Razvan
@SOLO59 (Dean Solomon)
@Manuel Palacios
@Alessandro Di Domenicantonio
@Norman Bruce
@Andres Redondo
@Allan Groth
@Otto Wilson
@Tuomas Lankinen
@Adrian Campfield
@Ryan Walker
@Julian Dietz
@Fabio Russo
@Calum McLure (There is space if you are able to join :thumbsup:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes