RD MINI Challenge 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was having my best race of the championship in p4 and then i crashed like an idiot with 5 min to go. :whistling:

Yeah, we had a good fight going on, shame that it ended that way, but the first corner was difficult every lap for me too :confused:

I got the 4th place and it was a good comeback from last race, that went badly.

Round 4 Race Control
The red zone has been reviewed and no further investigations will occur. Some pretty conscientious driving considering the nature of turn 1, so thank you all. Very very good.

Track limits have been reviewed on laps 5, 6 and 7. No driver was judged to have abused the track limits. Keep it up in round 5 - it was near perfect!

Incident
Note that driver @Allan Groth is deducted 2 points for colliding with @Yuri Kasdorp during the pit stops. As previously indicated, should there be someone in your pit box (for whatever reasons; game limitations) you must wait.

Track Re-Entry
A friendly reminder that if you go off track, you can only rejoin when it is safe to do so. I don't care if you need to wait for the entire grid to pass you first - do not rejoin the track when doing so will disadvantage drivers behind you.

Thanks all. See you for the fifth and final round (and then planning for the next league begins...)

A7hHr4h.jpg

Track: Road America Get the track pack here. You need this version!
Skin Pack: Download

See the current league standings here. Adrian Campfield leads the way by 16 points, but with 20 points on offer for a win, Jimi Hughes is still in with a mathematical chance to snatch the championship away at the last breath!

All drivers in the main list are expected to show. Absentees who do not report here at least 24 hours before the event may find themselves demoted to the reserves or removed from the league.

Practice: Open all day of the event
Qualifying: 19:20 GMT (15 minutes, unlimited laps)
Warm Up: 19:35 GMT (10 minutes)
Race: 19:45 GMT (45 minutes, mandatory pit stop to change at least two tyres).

The race will begin with a standing start, without a formation lap. A pit stop to change at least two tyres is mandatory. Refueling is permitted, but not required. Although written for the Formula Vees, the pit stop guide here contains useful information if you're unfamiliar with pitting.

Red Zone - On Lap 1, the start straight and turn 1 are considered a red zone (see map below). Note: On lap 1, turn 5 is also considered a red zone! This simply means that the replay of the starts will be looked at automatically - any incidents caused by overly aggressive behaviour or rules being broken will be penalised more so than incidents elsewhere. It is a league, so be competitive, but don't destroy other people's races. Remember this league is for all skill levels so not everyone will take every corner the same as you, or brake as late as you.

2XcIOjK.jpg

Example of track limits for a track.

Server password: click here
Racing rules: click here

Some info for Teams:
To talk with your team mate during the race to plan pit stop strategy, etc., you may create a room on the TeamSpeak server. Just select the GSC or RDMCC channel, open the menu with right mouse button and click "Create Sub-Channel". Enter a name in the pop-up and hit OK.
8UEEwel.jpg
2R8ftAe.jpg

Main Driver List (may be updated through the week)
@Nox (Andrew James)
@Warren Schembri
@Mark Breslin
@Yuri Kasdorp
@Jason (Skyring)
@JeffL (Jeff Lasecki)
@Antmerino (Antonio Merino)
@PaulH (Paul Hurlow)
@Paul Joseph
@Genci Estebanez
@Jimi Hughes
@Troy Barman
@Guus Verver
@Ariciuc Razvan
@SOLO59 (Dean Solomon)
@Manuel Palacios
@Alessandro Di Domenicantonio
@Norman Bruce
@Andres Redondo
@Allan Groth
@Otto Wilson
@Tuomas Lankinen
@Adrian Campfield
@Ryan Walker
@Julian Dietz
@Fabio Russo

I am gonna have to miss the race on Wednesday, I had an oppurtunity to tear my rig down and work on stage 2 of my build and was too optimistic about getting it back togther, It was a great season, pointless (literally :D) but this gives me a chance to get ready for our next season, whatever it is.
Good luck at Road America, it's a great track:thumbsup:

I see that GSC v1.25 has been released. We will be using v1.21 today.

This is because not everyone will have time to update their versions today, and to avoid any issues that may crop up. Also, people haven't practiced with the new tyre model, etc. You can still try out v1/25 as long as you keep a separate install at 1.21.

Last edited:
I'd liked to see T3 as a red zone. From past experience on this track alot of side swiping in these 2.
I have added an extra part to the red zone for this race, in turn 5 (which feels like it is turn 3, being honest; see the map); the one at the bottom of the hill. While turn 3 isn't a red zone, I still expect people to be careful or they can be reported.

Provisional results.

Congrats to Adrian for his championship win, and to Walk Racing for the constructors!

I had a fun race. I gained a few places in the first 2 or 3 laps, and then took an early pit stop in the hopes I'd get out of the pack and run at a faster speed. And it worked! I was about 2 seconds behind the guy ahead of me when I went to pit, and 8 seconds ahead after he pitted. I then just managed the gap, increased it to 12 seconds, and came home in 12th (6 places higher than I started).

Thank you all for the league attendance and participation. I think overall it went well. I will do the usual reviews by Saturday; get any reports to me by then. And then it'll be time to plan the next league; I am thinking V8s, the Metalmoro, or the F3s, but I am not sure yet.

Last edited:
@Andres Redondo, my apologies for the hit from behind. You were really slow on the racing line and I noticed some lag (minor lag, nothing too serious) from you as well. So I was caught off guard a bit and I did not break early enough. I'm not making any excuses, just giving a reason. There is no excuse, and I should see another point deduction to end the season.:roflmao: How ever, after that, we both hit the pits and from then on until the last five minutes when you pulled away from, we were having a really good aggressive clean battle for 13th. I needed to finish 13th or better to finish the season with 1 point,:rolleyes: but you out raced me, and stayed more consistent than me, and you deserved to take the position. Well done!

Personally, my first league, I failed to produce satisfactory results, but then again, this is my first season/league and I should expect these things to happen. Now I will move on, learn from mistakes, and improve and get better by practicing and joining club events. Overall however, This experience was truly amazing and competitive. I will be looking out for the next league hoping to do better this time, but I will always have fun out there, appreciate everything RD does for us, and keep on sim racing.

Thank you @Nox and RD for RDMCC and everything you do for the communuity

Reactions: Nox
Yeah it was a good and 99% clean battle with Razvan. He had a small mistake in braking zone and I couldn't avoid his car. I had to wait for a gap to get back on track... but from then on, I gained some positions back and overall it was a good race. :)

Thank you all for this league and thank you @Nox for the work that you do in here. :thumbsup:

It was my second league ever and it went pretty good. I was being faster in many tracks that i ever dreamed to be. It was nice to be battling near the top guys many times!

Lets do the rental karts league next! :p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back