RD MINI Challenge 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
~ I'm going to throw a vote in for Saturdays. Least interference with university and more of an opportunity to practice, though I'm not above running out of a lecture to grab the bus on a Friday, like this season.
~ Definitely a teams championship, though if it's mandatory does that mean those of us with no friends can't take part? :(

Probably an unpopular idea, but maybe a random lottery selection of all the drivers to form two driver teams? Might also prevent an inevitable Scuderia Hughes victory. :p

Sunday is best for me. Obviously part of joining a league is the commitment, and in the two league's I've entered I'm yet to miss a round, so obviously I am the committed type ( ;) ), but Friday's are pretty horrible in regards to a decent social life! Plus Sunday's give people who work in the week a weekend to practice. But either way, this league has been so much fun I could live with a Friday or Saturday if I had to!

I'm working on my setup, but I've noticed something weird. Is fuel consumption amazingly low in this track? Because from telemetry, I get that I need 15L for a 25 mins race plus a safety margin. I'll try a longer stint now, but it's strange.

Edit: 25 mins stint, I put 15L and had 4L left. Definitely the lowest fuel consumption so far. Or maybe it was one of the changes to the Mini in the patch?

I'm working on my setup, but I've noticed something weird. Is fuel consumption amazingly low in this track? Because from telemetry, I get that I need 15L for a 25 mins race plus a safety margin. I'll try a longer stint now, but it's strange.

Edit: 25 mins stint, I put 15L and had 4L left. Definitely the lowest fuel consumption so far. Or maybe it was one of the changes to the Mini in the patch?

Definitely a change from the patch, whether intentional or not I'm not sure...

Also guys, please give some feedback on your preferred day to race. Stick to the Friday's or move back to Saturday's or Sunday's?
Saturdays are always better for me.

Fridays aren't so bad but better for me to be every other week like it is now if it is a Friday as I have less chance to miss races if I work away for a week or two.

I didn't drive the last season, but I watched most of it on youtube. So I hope you like feedback from a spectator as well.

Good things first, this was very very enjoyable to watch (and there is still one race, isn't it?). Especially the full reversed grid gives this league a very unique feature. The tracks are all pretty good. The car is awesome. Broadcasts were good. The field offers a good challenge for experienced guys and for newcomers as well, my impression was that the league overall was a bit more laid-back, less competition-focused than what I saw at other communities or in the past with RDTCC, but that didn't stop guys like the Hughes bros and Allinson to give everything.

One thing I didn't like was the points system. IMO the gaps between the drivers are too small at the first positions. It's not a bad thing that almost all finishers get points. but all major real racing series use larger gaps between first and second for example, than between 24th and 25th.
With such a system, you also don't have to rely on dropped scores anymore, which makes it a lot easier for the spectators and the drivers themselves to have an overview of the title fight.
Also that the second race brings just as many points as the first race is not such a good idea in my eyes, because for race 1 you also need the qualifying skill, while in race 2 it is more or less luck (or bad luck in race 1) which gives you the good spot. That could be avoided by just giving less points for race 2, or alternatively giving points for qualifying as well. Since you have new GPCOS it's all no problem to set it up. Teams championship is possible too but that was already mentioned.

About the skins, usually it just creates chaos when there are skinpack updates released. People forget to download them and get mismatch etc. One solution to get rid of all these same looking default cars is to use a program like SimSync, which handles the skinpack updates. There you can also put some tracks, if you use non-default ones next season. An easier option would be to simply create multiple default cars, all in other colours. Like what I did in RDOWC.

Saturday or Sunday races would be nice. It's been a while since I drove a league here, might be time to return then.

This was the first GSC club race I did, hadn't realised it was in the league until I loaded it up last week...glad it is though, fun track. Apart from the final corner. That is an absolute whore of a turn to get right.

I have troubles in the last corner as well, it's easy for the car to oversteer a bit and lose a lot of time in the straight. Using 3rd gear is also slower, so there's no easy way to take it >_<

And my hard drive decided to die in the very best moment, yesterday. I was planning on getting a SSD anyway, so I just rushed it a bit. Now I have to reinstall everything in time for the race, and hope everything goes well. I'm looking forward to the race.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

What would be the ideal raceday for you to join our Club Races?

• Monday

Votes: 13 12.4%
  • Tuesday

Votes: 10 9.5%
  • Wednesday

Votes: 10 9.5%
  • Thursday

Votes: 12 11.4%
  • Friday

Votes: 40 38.1%
  • Saturday

Votes: 60 57.1%