RD MINI Challenge 2009

Status
Not open for further replies.
  • Matt Crouch

With only one track on the server the changeable weather is the same every event until the server resets.

aaaww...something strange happened:
turning on computer - It doesn't work...after 5 mins and some "repairs" inside central unit it finally started working:)
than after entering training session - huge lags and graphic problems, I decided to exit game, lower the graphics in options, and start game again...and again same problems... :(

Practice and Q thrown away in 3 laps.

Q: 13th. Avoided all the problems and crashes in the second corner. And had a little battle with Olivier Hercek. But in lap 3 he spun in front of me in the second to last corner i needed to make a big turn to avoid him but lost the control of the car a slammed in to the wall. Race Over. That was a short first race for me.
I be back in 2 weeks. ;)

:(:(:(.
I'm very sad :(.
Qual: I placed 7th best ever so happy.
Race: Great start still on 7th place but in second corner somebody hit in my right side of the car ( not my fault ) and im lost cotrol.Few seconds later when i slowly back on track another "racer" hit me so strong that my car is spinnig of the roof :(.Car is so destroyed and i decide to finish this race.
Lot of drivers in today race don't respect RULES.Mayby we can try to examine some "drivers".
See you soon in two weeks

Quali went well.

Race: Lap 25 PC crashed/screen freeze. P6 and looking likely for some good points, P5 +8 secs infront P7 12 secs behind.

Really gutted :(

Twice in a week, both league races. Really questions my participation in any more sim racing :(

Practice:
Crap.

Qualifying - 14th:
I was using full tank in practice and getting 1:16s, in qually, with very small fuel load, I only gained .07 seconds... Strange...

Race - 10th:
Had a good start and moved up 6 places, but my tyres were wearing early on. Also, I had a general lack of speed in the setup. I then lost places as the race went on. Had a nice tussle with Lewis and David, but eventually I lost the places I gained and was in 11th or 12th. After a few retirements up front, I finished 10th.

Bad race for me, but was fun. At least I had company on TS :p

Thanks to organisers and other drivers. Was surprisingly clean today :)

Note: I may not be able to attend the final in 2 weeks. I will be at a family reunion that day, and it all depends on what time we come home on Sunday (if we don't come home the day before).

• Matt Crouch

Well... yes...

Practice.. spent quite a bit of it trying to sort out lag, was at / near the back for the whole of it

Qualified somewhere in the middle to rear (better than expected, and my inlap was looking good enough for 12th ;)) . Made up two places off the grid. Coming into T1 looked like a scene from the matrix with all the black cars.
Came out of T2 to be met by carnage on the straight. Sorry for hitting you while stopped Petr, annoyingly I could have avoided that if I hadn't have pressed look behind at pretty much the exact moment of your previous collision.

Anyway that left me with a puncture. Got round to the pits and came out just in front of P1. Given that the pack hadn't had time to separate that pretty much meant I had to let everyone past after a short time. Only person I really saw on the same lap as me was Michael who I had a short race with until I ran wide, then had to let someone else by shortly after.

Started to lag again with a few minutes left so I decided to carry on until there was someone near me. Went wide into t1 (only had 47% left on my left front at this point) so I retired there.

Just watched the replay. What a crash at the start. My lucky moment was that i was going to wide in the 180 and so avoided all the problems. I was behind Matt and he had a full front collision.

Loved the Race tonight....

Me and Lewis had a great scrap near enough all race, both of us racing hard with a few taps and squeezes but with my tires having no grip lewis was all over me the last 3 laps but somehow i kept him behind! Even if i did Squeeze him out once going down the straight :p

Also Enjoyed being on TS with Mark Birney And Lewis Ferguson.

Qualy: Not good, was more than a second faster during training! Did a 1:17.251, did not make it well through T1.

Race: Started 18th. Start was ok, but did not make it well through the carnage after T1/2, cars just everywhere. Sorry Matt, I hit you, but nothing I could do about. Gave me suspension problem. But car drove still ok. Had good battle during the race with Michael, Olivier, Mark and was able to observe Lewis and Matthew fighting which each other. Manage to get pass both (after mistakes of them), managed to put a gap between me and them and then I went on tyre save node at Mtommi in front was more than 30 secs away and gap growing so I concentrated on getting my 6th position home. Which I did! Good race, actually no big mistakes, only minor ones. Made it through T1 trough the whole race!

See you all @ Nürburgring!

:(:(:(.
I'm very sad :(.
Qual: I placed 7th best ever so happy.
Race: Great start still on 7th place but in second corner somebody hit in my right side of the car ( not my fault ) and im lost cotrol.Few seconds later when i slowly back on track another "racer" hit me so strong that my car is spinnig of the roof :(.Car is so destroyed and i decide to finish this race.
Lot of drivers in today race don't respect RULES.Mayby we can try to examine some "drivers".
See you soon in two weeks

Piotrek, I was looking very long on the replays since i was the one that hit you after you spun. Sadly enough i had no way to escape as everything happened so fast, you spun to the right, but then you backed up to the left again! So i do not see there was any way i could have avoided this, as it happened so fast, and i had a car to my left anyway. Normal racing incident i would say.

ON THE OTHER HAND, after you recovered from this hit, and RE-ENTERED the track, the hit that sent you on the roof was purely your fault. You reentered from the right side, you had all wheels on track already, yet you still were turning into left side more. That caused problem to the other driver, as they were three in the same stretch of road and he could not avoid you. If you call up for investigations, please check the rules for re-entry and call for investigation of yourself. I don't even see the reason for going across the track as it is better to be slow on the outside, not crossing into inside. Your fault completely, in my opinion.

I hate the track anyway and i didn't care about finishing 15th or 14th if players drop, if i can not battle anybody who is in the same lap, so i retired fairly early.

Maybe you right Petr :).Yesterday is not my day :).Now everything ok :) and i can't wait for Nurburing :)
And i can't call up for investigation because when i see replays i see is the second accident is my fault :).Sorry guys for mess :)
AVE :D

Off the grid in 8th, some door rubbing around the first two corners but looking ok as I'm tight on the inside of turn three when I unfortunately catch the rear corner of the car outside me, causing him to spin and me to crash headlong into the barrier an facing the wrong way with chaos all around. I rejoin in last place with bad suspension damage and a wheel about 40 degrees off centre.

Took a while to get the hang of my newly modded car and eventually started catching up. Some good battles along the way. First with Michael Sharpe then a fun prolonged duel with Mark Birney. Finally finishing in 9th.

[Edit] I've now had a chance to look at the replay and see what happened at turn 3. Damn, looks like I was a catalyst for the ensuing mess that happened. I can only apologise, first to Piotrek for the initial bump and second to the other drivers caught in the aftermath.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes