RD MINI Challenge 2009

Status
Not open for further replies.
:-(

Qualy: goes very well with pole P1

Race: P9

This damn simulated wheather destroy me all. For me it should be wet, so i take wet tyres. :rain: But then ollie and Michele drove massive faster, so i think they take dry.
Second corner i get a hit, first i think it were Gary but in replay it was Ben. I know its wrong but i had the feeling " how you to me so i´m to you". So SORRY Gary for the next corner :worship:
After some fights somone hit me before the last corner and i decided to change tyres. Unfortunately only the front was changed because i press too early OK wihout marking the back tyres too. So next round again in to change back tyres too. It was very undriveable with wet behind and ´dry infront.
Than came back in the field and nobody let me pass and if i go trough i became black flag because of the blue flag. :confused2:
So, very the last and at the end place 9. I think later the most noticed that i rounded me back and let a gap after overtaking, but my race was over after all the pits i do.

After pole is that ( auf deutsch: Zum Kotzen :puke: )

Feel now :Cry: again.

Wow that was very crazy for me. Switched to bump shift from paddles yesterday and I'm still missing shifts. Made the grid with 2 seconds to spare because I saw it was wet 30 second before start and switched to default wet and then added fuel.

Started race well in 1st gear then tryed to shift with the paddles to 2nd. Took me several laps to get it together was now like last. Rest of the race was boring lapping by myself and being lapped. I normally enjoy the wet days but never really felt comfortable today. Ill take 7th here it was better than I drove.:wink2:

I always get disconected bar 2 races. I still come in the hope that I'll actually see the finish line one day :p. It seems the people who are the problem ignored that discussion. They obviously don't care about RD or the effort put into it..

Getting disconnected sucks bigtime Jamie. IF you are on a wireless(or everything in general) try to update the firmware on the router. I had problems last year, but after updating it stopped.

like i have mentionned in the big discussion people commit to what they love not what they like and many like the mini's but don,t love them. another problem is that people expect too much of themself, they expect to perform to a certain level and seeing that they are not where they think they should be they drop out. people have to be more realistic about their goal they set for themself, my goal for this league was to finish in the top ten ( closer to ten then one ) so each place i gain is a plus and gives me the motivation to continue. maybe if people have to pay to be in a league they might show up and commit to what they have sign for.

Commitment

Though I am a Johnny-Come-Lately, I am honored to be able to join and plan to be committed [even without doctor's orders :wink2:]. I am pleased that there is a Mini League, as I believe this is the best "training" ground for close racing, plus it puts drivers on a more level playing field allowing them to develop and hone their skills as well as learning respect for other drivers (and earning respect). I would really hate to see it come to an end.

However, having managed several online series for Grand Prix Legends, I can certainly understand the despair one can feel after all the effort one puts in to making this happen for us.

For the organizers and those that are committed to make this a great league, I thank you.

Ridiculous, this will be the last Mini Cooper league we ever run, so enjoy it while it last. What a joke :(

I have been enjoying the league(my 1st one) and enjoy the racing regardless if we have 15 or 25 makes no real difference to me. I look forward to each round and try my best each time. I hope this is not the last Mini League because of a few idiots.
I understand the frustration to the staff putting in their time and effort and some don't have enough class to stick with the commitment they had in the beginning. I remember being worried that I might not get a spot for signups because it seemed so popular in the beginning. Well anyway I love the league and will sign up again. Marty :skywalker::skywalker:

• Bert Van Waes

As usual its all about commitment, or even better the lack of it. It's really dissappointing and it gets worse by the day.

you're wright Bram. In the one month that i'm here i saw it too. look at the abarths f.e.

We constantly keep on saying no quitting!!! Only 2 minutes in race 3 people quit...

Maybe some kind of punishment system... sigh...

Because of all the noshows i decided to join this race as grid meat to at least give those that do keep coming for a league race some competition and company.

I was knocked out of the server with a freeze (any new :D?) but i had a big laugh. No practice so i was kinda surprised that after 1 year without mini driving i could do a p6 qualy in such a field of drivers.
The race was wet (i thought) so i took the default simbin wet setup and started driving. Driving yes because it was impossible to race. I lost concentration and crashed because again, we have only announced the non-chatting rule a million times now, someone couldnt stay quiet, i was focused on the text line and drove straight into the wet grass losing lots of positions and regained at the end of the pack.
Tried to drive for a few laps and then decided that dry tyres should have been a better choice. Rapidly entered the pit where the crew put on some slicks and there i went 1 lap down trying to have some fun. And fun it was, i think untill i overtook Ben T. i unlapped myself on a lot of drivers and really had the pace and grip again.
But when Ben didnt let go when i took my lap back i got blueflag warnings (while i was a lot faster, bug?) and had to give back position to Ben to avoid DSQ.
Gave it a second attempt and overtook him easily but still even with a small gap i got blueflag warnings and eventually it resulted in a stop & go. After that the freeze took me out again and there my race ended.

Still great fun, especially in the wet, and some good racing in the server. INCREDIBLE that so many people cant be bothered to join in anymore. Absolute disgrace for such a good championship.

*sigh* after some great fun and looking foward to tyhe race I got very bad lag at the start, Sorry to anyone who i caused problems for, I couldn't tell and just quit at second corner.

Well it started great, managed to take pole off Chris which is amazing!!! Couldn't believe it!

Then the race started and Chris overtook (to be expected), was comfortably in 2nd until the hairpin when I got rammed out of nowhere , was really angry at this stage (will check replay who it was because it was a bad ram), suspension damage and down in 13th, managed to over next 30laps of the race to climb up to 4th where then I had another long battle with David Cuthill, we were matching each other lap after lap. Managed to finally pull away from him with 3laps to go. Great racing again mate :D

I was on dry tyres when it looks like most were on wets! lol
Nice race apart from the start.

What a race, qualied 13th, forgot to prepare for wet conditions, I took my dry setup and hooked on wet tyres. What an amazing choice - my tyres were on top of form all the time (at least motecadd reported nice bright green on front left) at 100°C.

Been slowly picking up people after their mistakes, and seing the gap widening after those overtakes, felt pretty confident this is the day... somewhere at lap 30 i was 9th or so, and very satisfied with the positio, seing Lewis and Steven battling it out, when suddenly Lewis dropped, then pitted too.

Steven was slowly running away and overtook Mark Birney, when I was at 7th. After the pitts, Lewis appeared right behind me with Mtommi Tar following. My concentration was very low at that time and they were clearly faster than me at that time, despite being lap behind. Seing i can not recover, i signalled them to pass me and battle it out among themselves, which they did after i made mistake in turn 3.

Then, seing Mark Was not faster than me, and my tyres still in perfect condition (really, i felt so fast today ;-) ) i recovered my concentration and started to eat up on Marks gap. After few laps I saw, lewis and Mtommi were still getting to Mark sooner than I will, but lap 40 something i made my fastest and closed the gap fast. I think Mark was feeling the pressure cause he didn't allow Lewis to overtake, and their "battle" was nice to watch.

Lap later, Lewis realized he will have to yield to me again, and let me pass in turn 2, Mtommi understood and stayed behind lewis. I felt so much faster than Mark that I went for the kill right next lap, when I managed to squeeze into inner part of turn 1, and stayed inner till turn 2 where i prevailed and gained 6th on the brakes. I managed to quickly run away from mark and had some hopes on taking over Steven, the gap was 3 secs and getting lower. However, my maneyver on Mark left my tyres overheating and I realized I cannot keep up this pace forever.

Trying to ease on my tyres, i moved braking ballance towards rear, and started to take all right turns slower than I would normally, the temps were slowly going back to normal. Seing Mark was falling behind, and Steven running away, I decided this is the place and kept on running stable times and watched tyres till the end of race. I expecte some 55 laps but the race ended on lap 48 and I weren't LAPPED for the first time in RDMCC and in wet conditions, which is so big surprise to me. I guess the tyres really helped, as I didn't train the track at all for this event.

Thanks for the awesome race guys, and yes, Lewis, you did exactly as I expected you and never harmed me any way. I hope i didn't stand in your way too much either.

Qualify: 8th Start
Race: 12th

Report:
1-13 lap is very good battle more car,:thumb:
But,I go to POS 3,want to catch Rob,on lap 14,i get the mistake to hit the wall,that time,i am very sad,i can not believe me no pressure to this mistake:frusty:

See all on the next race,

This race battle is so good feel,thx all racing fans and RaceDepartment made this good league

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

What is the reason for your passion for sim racing?

• Watching real motorsport

Votes: 194 67.4%
  • Physics and mechanics

Votes: 124 43.1%
  • Competition and adrenaline

Votes: 132 45.8%
  • Practice for real racing

Votes: 56 19.4%
  • Community and simracers

Votes: 79 27.4%
Back