RD Mazda MX5 Cup 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
KWXBL0K.jpg

qjwZPJ2.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Is there a possibility to re-activate / view the 'opponents' laptimes on top of the screen in the current AC version, when they cross the line ? Also missing: Drivernames displayed above each car.
It was there in older AC versions (like around the BMW 235i cup), but not anymore.

Is there a possibility to re-activate / view the 'opponents' laptimes on top of the screen in the current AC version, when they cross the line ? Also missing: Drivernames displayed above each car.
It was there in older AC versions (like around the BMW 235i cup), but not anymore.
Use the "carsel " app by @Stereo . It allows you to scroll between drivers when spectating. But useless when racing of course :unsure:...
nevermind

Only when racing live, I want this back. It's all so 'dead' without any infos like that.
(Ambient sounds, the original sun reflections on the bottom, mature/more real appearing texture colors (the changed look of the tracks), all such has vanished in the latest versions..)

My specs aren't superior stuff (GTX 570, 3,2 GHZ Phenom II X4), but my FPS are pretty decent for it.
I'll do some club races and see how it works. For the M235i races I had to leave the custom skin folders empty, so the video card etc. had not to load in all the custom skins and so it used the simple default white ones by default automatically. That solved it back then and the performance was fine from then on (before I had 5-10 sec. freezes in FP, which was undriveable of course). However, now it seems to be a different problem than then.

Sometimes I think, it's just Win7 in the background running not smooth anymore (since the AC menue movements sometimes stutters and pauses as well, but as far as I remember that has been always the case, so..). Who knows. At least the (in general known) issue "svchost (netsvcs)" process in Win7 occupying 25% of CPU load all the time is gone now since 1-2 weeks, after the latest Win7 updates !! :) So the CPU load is at 0-3 % in idle dektop conditions again.

Thx, for the tipps (though I know al lof it already). I'll check, if the steam offline mode makes a difference. But I don't think so in this particular mattter.
Upgrading to Windows 10 helped me gain 5-10 fps. Locking fps to 45max helped cpu occupancy.
About the BMW 235i cup, for which I created the generic skin pack and some personal skins I first uploaded a 4k only skin pack which put a lot of pressure on net performance, so after the first race I quickly uploaded the 2k skin pack, but not the personal skins. I tend to use heavy high quality logo's and decals in my skins which could cause issues on lower end machines. So I made sure I made a lightweight version of the Mazda skin too, for racing purpose. Also, use of pitboard, suits and helmets make a skin heavy and therefore I lightened every aspect of the skin while still offering the full experience for better immersion. Maybe when organizing a league, skins must be limited to a certain mb "weight" to ensure performance.
I think, not sure, that this could help online net performance in leagues.

Waving/moving grasholms is missing as well, but that's of course not important for driving. Since it is (was) also only visible in TV cams / replays. ;)

--

The current certain performance thingy I had is solved btw. . It has been manily the case in single player (hotlap mode,..), and not really FPS related. (More like CPU related or s.th. .)
Found out that lowering! the FPS with the use of highest graphic settings (overall effect quality, glare quality sliders) make those freezes less to none.
Someone with the same problem stated that in the AC forum, and it works. But sometimes it (the short freezes, 'big ones' of stutters) vanishes itself after some laps also.

Last edited:
Waving/moving grasholms is missing as well, but that's of course not important for driving. Since it is (was) also only visible in TV cams / replays. ;)
The improvement of fps comes with a price, but fps outweighs immersion I think. Still I am satisfied to race with 45fps, my eyes and mind seem that sufficient enough to race comfortably.

Upgrading to Windows 10 helped me gain 5-10 fps. Locking fps to 45max helped cpu occupancy.
About the BMW 235i cup, for which I created the generic skin pack and some personal skins I first uploaded a 4k only skin pack which put a lot of pressure on net performance, so after the first race I quickly uploaded the 2k skin pack, but not the personal skins. I tend to use heavy high quality logo's and decals in my skins which could cause issues on lower end machines. So I made sure I made a lightweight version of the Mazda skin too, for racing purpose. Also, use of pitboard, suits and helmets make a skin heavy and therefore I lightened every aspect of the skin while still offering the full experience for better immersion. Maybe when organizing a league, skins must be limited to a certain mb "weight" to ensure performance.
I think, not sure, that this could help online net performance in leagues.
@Tobias Röhner ? Any thoughts on this?

[Does that even make sence to convert the skins to 4k, when the submitted skins are 2k or 1k whatever big ? Because upscaling things (from for e.g. 1k to 4k size) will not magically add any quality normally ;). However, nevermind .. ;) ]

[Does that even make sence to convert the skins to 4k, when the submitted skins are 2k or 1k whatever big ? Because upscaling things (from for e.g. 1k to 4k size) will not magically add any quality normally ;). However, nevermind .. ;) ]
No upscaling from 2k to 4k must be done before any painting with just the empty template. Then when finished the psd (painting ) file with all its seperate layers must be downsized to 2k and then saved as dds file.

You said the 4K skin pack caused network issues?

As far as I'm aware the "weight" of the skin only relates to the local performance, so theoretically someone could run a 8k skin pack if they had a Titan X for example.

I personally have no problems with a full 4K field in my 970
The same logic goes in the other direction. If one has a mediocre gpu it is agreeable a lightweight skin pack is available. You won't see much difference in the designs when driving but fps will be way better. It's only when taking screens and watching slomo zoomin replays one will clearly see the difference.

The same logic goes in the other direction. If one has a mediocre gpu it is agreeable a lightweight skin pack is available. You won't see much difference in the designs when driving but fps will be way better. It's only when taking screens and watching slomo zoomin replays one will clearly see the difference.
A lightweight skin pack is definitely a good thing, don't get me wrong on that:). I was just curious if there was any server related issues when using high resolution skins, which would be a huge issue. Now I see you were trying to say that the local problems may affect other users and I agree 100% with it.

Regarding the difference, LODs take out most of the detail when driving anyway, so the visual difference is near zero.

No upscaling from 2k to 4k must be done before any painting with just the empty template. Then when finished the psd (painting ) file with all its seperate layers must be downsized to 2k and then saved as dds file.

Yep, when I did the bodywork files, the first thing I did before anything else was upscale the template from 2k to 4k resolution. Then I did all my artwork.

The 4k is really just for myself and Craig so the quality is as high as I feel like at the time.

I haven't noticed any issues with stuttering but I would imagine a full field of 4k res cars might cause the odd problem, all depends on the system they are running on of course.

I will reduce them to 2k when submitting them :)

I hadn't thought about that at all to be honest. But the default template is 2k so I'm assuming (hoping) that people have been sticking to that size.
Maybe for future leagues set as rule for skins. I would suggest to test this with a 1k, 2k and 4k skin pack online and see if there are significant performance differences when hosting and broadcasting. Especially stuttering issues I guess. Of course besides that the connection to the internet is also important but I am convinced the lower the size of the skins the better the playability.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back