RD Mazda MX5 Cup 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know I'm not going to be as fast as you guys that use AC all the time and I don't have a manual shift (it's still a sim I'm learning my way around) but I'll give it my best shot :thumbsup:
I'll use and stay with paddle shift as well, btw. . Just want to keep using my nice light DFGT wheel instead of my G25 atm. + too lazy frickeling around with the clutch pedal and re-learning that (uncautious thing pressing the brakepedal+clutchpedal in braking zones at once with just one food.., would rather have three legs..) ;).
There are a few guys almost at the very top in Livetiming, using no H-shifter as well.* So I doubt, it is a huge disadvantage for the acceleration. *But of course you don't know the temperature conditions each of them did their laps atm. (it shows 0° for everyone atm.), until the app will be updated in maybe some weeks.

Is there a way of creating a Matte finish on the body work?
For the MX5 Cup cars you have to edit the "Skin_00_Map.dds". That DDS is basically a layer that gets applied over the regular Skin_00.dds. Any part that's black becomes matte. Any part that's white become fairly reflective/shiny, and you can use shades of grey for somewhere in between. You can also decide which parts of the livery are shiny and how much. I've not figured out how to make a really "wet" shiny effect though. I think that may have something to do with the metal_detail.dds.

There's much thanks to be given for this livery, mostly to Dangeruss from DeviantArt that graciously allowed me to share this interpretation/conversion of his work, which you can see over here:
http://www.deviantart.com/art/2016-Mazda-MX5-Racing-563671140

I found this searching google for some inspiration. Every skin teaches me something, and with this one I learned a lot about using layer masks, how to make the trim with paths, and turning a picture of a livery into a template (which should prove useful if I tackle real-life skins someday).

Showroom Demo is here:

The zip that contains the PSD, XCF/Gimp, and livery files for AC can be downloaded here:
http://esotic.com/media/Dangeruss_MX5_AC.zip

The Air Americana font that I used for the numbers can be found here:
http://www.dafont.com/air-americana.font

Cheers,

Dave\Esotic

Brilliant, thank you for that. I had a quick play with Alpha channel on the Skin_00.dds, but appears to do nothing.

Now I know it's a separate .dds I can play about with that :)

I think that may have something to do with the metal_detail.dds.

From what I can tell the metal_detail.dds is an image applied to the whole car if the colour in the main map is white. For example the "55" works MX-5 Cup car is painted white in the image map but the metail_detail.dds is the metallic red texture. So my assumption is the game replaces all the pure white with this texture. It may also work in other ways but I'm still learning. Nice to have all these features though.:)

Thanks for the help everyone. Been able to get the look I was after using the Skin_00_Map.dds. The rear of the car is now matte/silk grey with the decals gloss :)

Is it OK to submit the extra files along with the main skin 's .psd?

Thanks for the help everyone. Been able to get the look I was after using the Skin_00_Map.dds. The rear of the car is now matte/silk grey with the decals gloss :)

Is it OK to submit the extra files along with the main skin 's .psd?
Sure. I don't mind it either if you wanna send me the .dds files in one go.

I'm not good at modding :D. So I took one from Esotic and I changed it a bit.

13613651_10208625905719112_2563657680627563385_o.jpg
13603461_10208625905839115_6521398503456200114_o.jpg
13558694_10208625905759113_1042836202376469102_o.jpg

Due to a sign out ahead of the league, there is now one slot available again. If you're a committed driver that is available on the next couple of Sundays, feel free to sign up :)

I know I'm late to the sign up, but would you mind letting me sneak in? Sundays are fine, I'm currently doing the mx-5 cup on fridays as well.

Driver Name: Tyler Breland
Team Name: --
Preferred Number: 88
Nationality: American
Number of AC Monday Night Events in 2016 (insert links to events)
: --

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back