RD Mazda MX5 Cup 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well damn...in Qualy my throotle pedal spiked and my top speed was reduced also the acceleration was slower...and got even worse in Race and like this wasnt enough,my middle screen was getting disconnected...damn..i had 3 of those black screen...i think the HDMI cable is toasted...overall i had a very bad race...my practice time was under 10.27...and not even in qualy i couldn get a\close...race time 10.44...that shows what a faulty potentiometer can do...
Well its an old G25...Grats to all who finished..its a hard track.

Hey guys,

Great race and good fun as always, thanks to everyone for the race :)

First and foremost I need to say a massive sorry to @saxoross for the lap 2 contact. Totally my fault mate, proper :poop: driving from me... I wanted to show you my nose to see if you'd back out the throttle and before I knew it the corner was on me, I thought I had more time until the apex. Sorry man, on reflection I should have given up the ghost earlier and see what happens later on the lap. It wasn't actually a move, just a look. Sorry man. Rubbish on my part.

Other than that, good race and I was delighted to survive the event! Had a few fights but gave way too easily to avoid trouble throughout the race. It was more fun than expected on that track, and after I nerfed off Ross we ended up having a nice fight with Craig towards the end, but just ran out of laps to do anything with it.

Thanks @Tobias Röhner and all concerned for arranging the race, it was a blast as always.

See you next week (and sorry again Ross....)

Hadn't been able to practise much (four laps) before this event, but did ok in my book anyway.

Ran the whole race, no crashes or mistakes and got quicker every lap. Good enough for me.

Well done to everyone who finished, tough track. Nice car to learn the track in but I needed more time to learn the second half I think as I was a good bit slower than I should of been.

See ya at the next one and well done to my team mate who managed to salvage some points from a difficult start to the race.

Last edited:
@speedyx56 Sorry for the bump at the start. From my POV I was thinking you will go on the right, so I gone to the inside but you comes in (maybe cause in front of you Breland and Sterr touch each other). Any way you came back in front of me ^^. WP to you and everyone.

Mah.., that event was screwed for me. I had no Qualy Session literally: I thought, when I rejonied the server after the small problem we had, that I was still in the 45 Min. (1h minus 15 min. because of the delay, like stated in the server information in the AC server menue) Practice Session and not in the Qualy Session already. :confused:
So after that session was over the race did already start, while I've assumed a qualy session will follow first... . So I did no qualy lap, only testing without seriousness since I thought I'm in the nonrelevat practice session still... :).

Can someone explain this to me ? I'm not too much disappointed, it's just a game.. .
But did you vote to skip the pracice session or s.th. like that ? No teamspeack activated unfortunately, otherwise I might have recognized it, if there was such.

To the race: I hate less track grip ;), sometimes (~3 times) I spun by just touching some certain curbs though being without full throttle. They were 'fine' with optimum grip, but dangerous in combination with that less of track grip.
Could've finished in the points (at P 15), but because of losing it ~3 times I Iost something like two positions.

This curbs are too sensitive (losing all grip in the following by touching one in worst case) in racing sims.., as you all know.

Last edited:
Good race all :thumbsup: Was nice to be part of this league, disappointed to be pushed off on L1 which sent me back to 24th place :( managed to gain places back with other people going off.
Wasn't happy with my laps times, getting 10:28 in practice could only manage a 10:34 in race :(
Never mind, enjoyed the event :thumbsup:

Can we btw. set up for clear weather again for the next race on ? Like it was in Silverstone.
Cloudy and darker envionment = the track is not that good visible as well. ;)
Should not be a problem normally, but one time it was for me in the Nurb. GP section (the first corner after the MS S).
Or I might brighten up my monitor.. .

I enjoyed the race, maybe was too friendly at the start not joining the fights (at the back) which lead me to racing a quite lonely session but for the small fight (which I lost) with Heinrik. Pretty consistent in the laps, but unfortunately also with a spin each lap :mad:. The variations in tyre temps puzzles me sometimes, as the long straights caused cold tyres just after heating them up in the twisty sections. Does that really cool down so fast? I had like 25psi.
Anyways, loved the racing, I raced this track like a hundred times in GT/AC, but the car is sometimes a real mystery to me. Especially the gearing, way too long for a cup car and snapping when engine braking....however I did manage to get a decent setup at the very last before the race. Learned from that.
See you next time.

Yes, the tires only were all heated up in s.th. around the 2nd + 3rd sector of the track for me as well. But this was also happening in hotlap mode, nothing to do with event conditions. The straights always cooled them down.. .

Every time I refer to Nords as Green Hell I actually mean it. Had a pretty terrifying experience, especially lap 3. Started fairly well and moved up to 16th mostly due to others spinning their cars and eventually it was my turn (at beloved Adenauer Forst and that horrendous twisty braking zone), where I've spun and had to wait for everyone to pass me before rejoining. Got a couple of positions back due to further incidents ahead and hoped to give @Norman Bruce a bit harder times when he cought me back, but spun on Schumacher S on my third lap after touching the kerb and gave the position away. Nords is always an eventful race for me.
Considering my great skill and understanding of this track (sarcasm of course) I think I did fairly well finishing 20th (sounds better than second to last!), however at any lap I've not managed to go below 11 mins :/
Never managed to learn the track well enough to be able to push, made some good progress in understanding the part after Karussell, but still had to go on without a proper commitment. Few more races there and I might be a bit more confident.

One thing - I've seen my skin as usual #55 red skin, not my custom one - not a big deal (and hopefully my end only) but definitely something to resolve before the next race.

Thanks for the good times and looking forward for Monza next week!

Hey guys,

Great race and good fun as always, thanks to everyone for the race :)

First and foremost I need to say a massive sorry to @saxoross for the lap 2 contact. Totally my fault mate, proper :poop: driving from me... I wanted to show you my nose to see if you'd back out the throttle and before I knew it the corner was on me, I thought I had more time until the apex. Sorry man, on reflection I should have given up the ghost earlier and see what happens later on the lap. It wasn't actually a move, just a look. Sorry man. Rubbish on my part.

Other than that, good race and I was delighted to survive the event! Had a few fights but gave way too easily to avoid trouble throughout the race. It was more fun than expected on that track, and after I nerfed off Ross we ended up having a nice fight with Craig towards the end, but just ran out of laps to do anything with it.

Thanks @Tobias Röhner and all concerned for arranging the race, it was a blast as always.

See you next week (and sorry again Ross....)

No problem Paul. I'm just pleased I completed the race without crashing due to a self inflicted error. I did think the last lap was going to be a bit more interesting on the long straight but I didn't have the slip stream on Craig and you didn't get it on me thankfully.

Looking forward to next week.

Ross

all I can say is thank god that is over had a good start but after turn 1 all went down hill fell to last sorry to @Frank for the rejoin thought back to 11th last 2 laps battling with @saxoross was the highlight of my race great battling looking forward to Monza

I was really hoping to get in the slip stream on the last lap but I just wasn't close enough.

Was a great race and looking forward to next week!

Mah.., that event was screwed for me. I had no Qualy Session literally: I thought, when I rejonied the server after the small problem we had, that I was still in the 45 Min. (1h minus 15 min. because of the delay, like stated in the server information in the AC server menue) Practice Session and not in the Qualy Session already. :confused:
So after that session was over the race did already start, while I've assumed a qualy session will follow first... . So I did no qualy lap, only testing without seriousness since I thought I'm in the nonrelevat practice session still... :).

Can someone explain this to me ? I'm not too much disappointed, it's just a game.. .
But did you vote to skip the pracice session or s.th. like that ? No teamspeack activated unfortunately, otherwise I might have recognized it, if there was such.

To the race: I hate less track grip ;), sometimes (~3 times) I spun by just touching some certain curbs though being without full throttle. They were 'fine' with optimum grip, but dangerous in combination with that less of track grip.
Could've finished in the points (at P 15), but because of losing it ~3 times I Iost something like two positions.

This curbs are too sensitive (losing all grip in the following by touching one in worst case) in racing sims.., as you all know.
I had forgotten to update the Race server to 1.7.5, which means I had to update at the last minute and restart booking. To keep up with the broadcast times, we skipped the pre race practice. I should've announced it on the ingame chat but I thought everyone was on TS... sorry Marco, partially my fault there :(

Ah ok, thx for explaining - now I know what 'happened' at least.
Atm. I think even AC has no (or just a hint when joining, pre sitting in your car*) statement ingame on what session is currently up.
*Have to check next time, if I could've potentially noticed the sesson type ingame or not.

Ah ok, thx for explaining - now I know what 'happened' at least.
Atm. I think even AC has no (or just a hint when joining, pre sitting in your car*) statement ingame on what session is currently up.
*Have to check next time, if I could've potentially noticed the sesson type ingame or not.
No offense man, but I think you still have no clue what happend. You shouldn't be so preoccupied with all these things like track conditions, weather, time of day, which session your in or whatever .... it's the same for all. Concentrate on the race instead! Get your things together in time, make sure you're on teamspeak just like everybody else. You completely wasted my race ("...in the Nurb. GP section (the first corner after the MS S)...") after not even a minute and probably didn't even notice, or so it seems!

Calm down, that was just a contact in the 1st lap of the Nurb. GP part of the track and you lost maybe just 5-10 seconds. I think I was on the inside, just making an overtaking move - nothing else. I didn't steer into you, you were more like coming from the outside and touched me.. . Always try to stay side by side, then you wouldn't have spun.
I know I was a bit in hurry in the first lap for compensating my not taking part in the qualy, but I don't think I did something wrong there. Did only sort of outbraking you, since I like the corner and corner section quite much (confident there).
Of course I noticed, I even thought to mention it in my first post. But that post was long enough already, so I let such details of just a relatively small race incident out.

And the time I missed the corner ("..in the Nurb. GP section (the first corner after the MS S)...") was btw. not in the first lap, it was later on in the second or third lap with no cars around and involved.
--
But ok, will say sorry to that. At least I can imagine that you was certainly a bit surprised / 'n didn't expect someone approaching from the left or middle of the track into that corner to overtake. Since the normal racing line & flow there is coming from the outside into the apex, particulary for that corner.

But at least there is plenty of space aside the track on the outta right side (endless asphalt there) ;) , doesn't even count as 'off track' in Livetiming for some strange reason (but that just as a side note).

Last edited:
Calm down, that was just a contact in the 1st lap of the Nurb. GP part of the track and you lost maybe just 5-10 seconds. I think I was on the inside, just making an overtaking move - nothing else. I didn't steer into you, you were more like coming from the outside and touched me.. . Always try to stay side by side, then you wouldn't have spun.
I know I was a bit in hurry in the first lap for compensating my not taking part in the qualy, but I don't think I did something wrong there. Did only sort of outbraking you, since I like the corner and corner section quite much (confident there).
Of course I noticed, I even thought to mention it in my first post. But that post was long enough already, so I let such details of just a relatively small race incident out.

And the time I missed the corner ("..in the Nurb. GP section (the first corner after the MS S)...") was btw. not in the first lap, it was later on in the second or third lap with no cars around and involved.
--
But ok, will say sorry to that. At least I can imagine that you was certainly a bit surprised / 'n didn't expect someone approaching from the left or middle of the track into that corner to overtake. Since the normal racing line & flow there is coming from the outside into the apex, particulary for that corner.

But at least there is plenty of space aside the track on the outta right side (endless asphalt there) ;) , doesn't even count as 'off track' in Livetiming for some strange reason (but that just as a side note).

What an ignorant post. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back