RD Mazda MX5 Cup 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
That was fun, I enjoyed myself a lot there!

I had lots of good fights for position with @metaDp @brt900 @Nave and others whose names I couldn't register in the heat of battle:)
These cars make for great dogfights with their emphasis on momentum and racing lines, making you consider carefully when and how to go side by side.

Hope I see you all next week!

In the end P8 was one of the hardest fought 8th place finishes I've ever had!

Hehe I was the 8th ^^.

I had lots of good fights for position with @metaDp @brt900 @Nave and others whose names I couldn't register in the heat of battle:)

You and Paul Jeffrey, I was hoping you lose some time fighting with others behind, cause I know you will be faster than me :D.

But I'm happy of my P9 with my start at P15. :)

Oh I forgot, did someone mention they had a black screen at the end of the race too? Mega scary moment on the last lap, all 3 screens went black for about 3 seconds on the last lap! Came back and I had about 30fps!!! Argh.

Think its something to do with the simracingsystem thing maybe? Any thoughts? (I had it uninstalled pre race btw) and these black screens (I had 2 in practice) are a new thing for me. I had a message about srs come up after.. forget what it said..

No, no such problem here.
[I only had short and up to 1 sec. lasting freezes after the hairpin (the linking bridge) in some laps.
But that was only because of a higher polygon count of the track side objects (track +24 cars + car skins leads to this) at that certain part of the track.]
---
As I've watched the live stream:
Personally I miss (in the race) the shown laptimes-info each time a driver crosses the line quite much. For me It would be much more interesting for any race stream to see each driver's laptimes.
I know the 'feature' got lost in the current AC versions, unfortunately. (Around the BMW 235i cup it has been still in.)

Last edited:
No, no such problem here.
[I only had short and up to 1 sec. lasting freezes after the hairpin (the linking bridge) in some laps.
But that was only because of a higher polygon count of the track side objects (track +24 cars + car skins leads to this) at that certain part of the track.]
---
As I've watched the live stream:
Personally I miss (in the race) the shown laptimes-info each time a driver crosses the line quite much. For me It would be much more interesting for any race stream to see each driver's laptimes.
I know the 'feature' got lost in the current AC versions, unfortunately. (Around the BMW 235i cup it has been still in.)
Ptracker?

Lots of fun yesterday! Thanks to all drivers and the TV crew! Superb job, guys!

My apologies to @Paul Blythe for the takeout after Corpse. I couldn't do much about it. We were so close and I couldn't brake so fast when you went to the right. Sorry. I hope you had no serious damage after that.

First of all: Big THX to our 2 commentators on the broadcast! You did a fantastic job! The race was fun, fair driving from anyone as far as I am concerned.
I had a very strange technical issue at the start when the starting-lights didn't show on my screen! Consequently I completely missed it and lost several positions before I even got my wheels spinning. In the end I was able to finish within the top 15, which I consider a success after all! Looking forward to next week :)

Quick recap for yesterday's event.

Firstly many thanks for the RD team for setting up the league, a lot of time and effort into the races as usual :thumbsup:

Didn't quite match my best time in qualifying (Which was a 8.2) but it would have only forwarded me one place anyway. I did try Tobias's setup but I must have been doing something very wrong as I was in the 9's with it to went back to the previous setup I was running. Thanks for sharing though.

At the start of the race, I think some of those in front of me thought it was BTCC as there was a lot of panel bashing going on. Saw a few manoeuvres that were pretty aggressive and I benefitted from some spins and contact in front of me. Unfortunately coming into Brooklands on the 2nd lap someone made contact with my car and sent me flying. So that dropped me almost last. After a few laps @Alessandro Di Domenicantonio passed me after I made a small mistake. Stayed with him for most of the race (and we were slowly closing in on those in front) but then with the leaders coming through I had to respect the blue flags and lost touch.

My only screw up was with about six laps to go I lost the back of the car into Copse and wasn't able to rejoin until most of the field had gone by so lost about 30 seconds in total.

A bit of shame as I'd done I think about 350 practise laps for this round so to still be the second slowest driver hurts a bit! :(

Roll onto Brands and hopefully a better result :)

Well done to the top three and my team mate Craig who drove a good race to fifth :thumbsup:

My apologies to @Paul Blythe for the takeout after Copse. I couldn't do much about it. We were so close and I couldn't brake so fast when you went to the right. Sorry. I hope you had no serious damage after that.

No problem my friend, stuff happens :D Had some great fun yesterday and am really looking forward to the next round at Brands Hatch.

Watched the coverage video last night. Very exciting to watch, with battles everywhere... Broadcast team did an epic job, can wait to see coverage of the others too :cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes