RD GT Championship 2021 I

I'll just leave my video from the race in Donington here. :whistling:

I'm pretty happy with P12, even if my race wasn't a perfect one.

I have to admit, that my overtaking attempt in lap7 against @Charlie Lockwood was a little bit too optimistic. I feel very sorry for that.:( A well-deserved 5secs penalty. Otherwise ... driving quite hard against me the following laps wasn't nice as well. But i suppose that's racing.

Now Snetterton. And this is a completely new track for me. So i have to learn this track first.

I have to admit, that my overtaking attempt in lap7 against @Charlie Lockwood was a little bit too optimistic. I feel very sorry for that.:( A well-deserved 5secs penalty. Otherwise ... driving quite hard against me the following laps wasn't nice as well. But i suppose that's racing.

No worries about lap 7. These things happen and it's not an easy track to overtake at, so we have to go for it at some point.

I defended hard after that, because when you're still getting to know the people you're racing with and one of them has made a bold move that ended with contact, you never quite know what will happen the next time you leave them the inside line.
I wasn't expecting you to try going around the outside into the chicane on lap 12(?) from side by side! I'll try and leave you a little more space in future.

Good luck with practice for Snetterton, another track for me to learn too. :D

Looks like is summertime already. Is this going to stay for the rest of the week?

Also, any chance for refueling during practice?

Thanks!

Last edited:
@Bram Hengeveld temps wise, snetterton is much hotter than Donington. Just asking if it's by design and if we can consider those as a good enough reference for Sunday.

Would love to pit and refuel in practice instead of press escape each time I am over with the stint. Wondering the reasoning for such limitation.

I may have missed a setting somewhere, that allows refueling, will have a look tonight at the server.

Temps etc have been one on one copied from the race server settings.
Just took a look, can't find a setting for it. Only can find one for race refuelling which is set to allowed.

@Ricoow @Bram Hengeveld
My apologies, I thought was possible to refuel during practice, but to my understanding it's not. I posted a query at Kunos and report back if there is any feedback. Definitely not a big deal, just breaking the immersion when in VR.

Wow, what a race. Thought I'd taken 2nd in turn 1, but then @Joao Borges did a blinder around the outside :D

After that I knew that I should just not do anything stupid and think about the championship. The main thing in my head was that I cannot under any circumstances get overtaken by @Celtic Pharaoh, and managed to avoid that.

Man, following here is just so crazy. There must be some things on the replay that look like divebombs from all of us at the front, but in reality it's just impossible to spot the braking markers, and there's so few places to overtake anyway. Glad that nothing too catastrophic happened :coffee:

With Tariq right behind me I was not relishing the thought of another lap, so I'd like to give my thanks to @OscarMIke for saving my stress levels and receding hairline ;)

Last edited:

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea