RD GT Championship 2021 I

Great race everyone. Clearly I still have a lot to learn about managing the car in ACC: I could keep with @Celtic Pharaoh and @lewisd19 for the first twenty minutes or so, but after the first 35 minutes the car just dropped off the cliff massively -- I assume because I've misconfigured something or couldn't feel I was overdriving the car in the first half. The brakes also sounded like I'm running over shopping bags, which I assume means I'm wearing them too much.

I'd like to apologise to @Frank -- I hugely misjudged the width of the car into Stowe and must have given you quite a shock. Hope I didn't inconvenience you too much mate.

Last edited:
Great race everyone. Clearly I still have a lot to learn about managing the car in ACC: I could keep with @Celtic Pharaoh and @lewisd19 for the first twenty minutes or so,b ut after the first 35 minutes the car just dropped off the cliff massively -- I assume because I've misconfigured something or couldn't feel I was overdriving the car in the first half. The brakes also sounded like I'm running over shopping bags, which I assume means I'm wearing them too much.

I'd like to apologise to @Frank -- I hugely misjudged the width of the car into Stowe and must have given you a quite a shock. Hope I didn't inconvenience you too much mate.
No worries mate, I actually felt we both misjudged that. Because when you crossed to the left, I tried to cross to the right. I am glad you still qualified though!

This was good race.

Got to the race with 3 goals for myself:
- Do not get lapped, check
- Keep laptimes under 2.03: Mostly done, got even to 2.01s, which I have never done in a race in Silverstone, but at the end the rear-left was just too hot
- Do not spin or crash: I had small concentration lapse at The loop around 50minute mark and when coming back to track gave little push to Göldenitz, sorry for that didn't notice you were so close.

But overall, good experience.

Cheers.

Good race for me in the split A, I am light years behind the fast guys but did enjoy throwing the Porsche around the track and had a few nice battles. Man the Porsche is fun to drive, nimble and with that acceleration out of the corners!

My race went pretty good. No mistakes at all. And even if i can't keep up with the pace from the very fast guys, but i'm happy with the result. From P10 to P7.

Here's the race from my view.

A question for you Ernie: I tried to record in VR in ACC but only had a few angles in spectator mode which weren't very helpful, and the HUD wasn't showing up. No spectatorScreenMode in vrSettings.json was any good. By comparison, AC1 pretty much just does the right thing out of the box.

Are you recording this using SteamVR + OpenVR OBS plugin, or similar? That was what I planned to try next.

Last edited:
So next is Donington. I have always been pretty bad there but I have one week to get my driving up to the correct standards. I tried in ACC 1 hour CP race there, just when the track was released. The race was in the dark, I had my braking points all-over-the-place, tires in wrong temps + pressure, and I got lapped few times until one faster guy rammed me at the entry of T8 (Coppice).

As the track is pretty short, and I expect the fastest guys driving constantly under 1:30s or even 1:29s, so it is a ~40 lap race. If one is 3 - 3.5 seconds off the pace and/or spins, the blue flags will come into play.

Just to clarify, what are the blue flag rules on these races?

I am assuming these are the rules:
Practice/Quali: blue flag - just get out of the way in safe way, if one is not on a fast lap
Race: blue flag, keep driving the racing line on turns, on straights the faster guys take the overtake line and one will not defend and might lift-and-coast to the next turn, so that the faster guy gets safely past and little time is lost. And to keep things safe, no slowing or changing driving lines on turns and the faster guy have to adapt to the situation during turns.

Any clarifications/corrections?

Cheers.

So next is Donington. I have always been pretty bad there but I have one week to get my driving up to the correct standards. I tried in ACC 1 hour CP race there, just when the track was released. The race was in the dark, I had my braking points all-over-the-place, tires in wrong temps + pressure, and I got lapped few times until one faster guy rammed me at the entry of T8 (Coppice).

As the track is pretty short, and I expect the fastest guys driving constantly under 1:30s or even 1:29s, so it is a ~40 lap race. If one is 3 - 3.5 seconds off the pace and/or spins, the blue flags will come into play.

Just to clarify, what are the blue flag rules on these races?

I am assuming these are the rules:
Practice/Quali: blue flag - just get out of the way in safe way, if one is not on a fast lap
Race: blue flag, keep driving the racing line on turns, on straights the faster guys take the overtake line and one will not defend and might lift-and-coast to the next turn, so that the faster guy gets safely past and little time is lost. And to keep things safe, no slowing or changing driving lines on turns and the faster guy have to adapt to the situation during turns.

Any clarifications/corrections?

Cheers.
May be even quicker. There are laps on YT around the 1:25s so not sure what the race pace will be. I think the AI were in the 1:28s when I set them to 100 yesterday...

Generally speaking, if you are not on a hot lap in practice/quali you need to be off the racing line.
During the race, yes, stick to the racing line and don't do anything unexpected, blend out of the throttle on the straights to let the leaders through.

Last edited:
May be even quicker. There are laps on YT around the 1:25s so not sure what the race pace will be. I think the AI were in the 1:28s when I set them to 100 yesterday...

Generally speaking, if you are not on a hot lap in practice/quali you need to be off the racing line.
During the race, yes, stick to the racing line and don't do anything unexpected, blend out of the throttle on the straights to let the leaders through.

Great. Thank you for the info.

With the forced pitstop, the cars will be pretty light, and tires will be quite fresh throughout the race, so times will be pretty fast. And the pitstop adds movement up and down, so early stoppers will be "lapped" too.

Cheers.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back