RD GT Championship 2010 II

Status
Not open for further replies.
First... really really sorry Jari for that hit... i lost it under braking and made a 180 turn and hit you.... all my fault... sorry.

Qualified in a 12'th spot...
Set my fastest time ever but ended up lower than i hoped for.. i think it was only 1.5s between top 15 so it really close.

Race was funniest in a long time
Hade a great battle for many laps with Ivo, Gary, Jari and Simon..... until i lost it during braking and hit Jari... once again sorry

Struggled a bit after that and lost my rhythm and fell back and allowed Nigel to catch and overtake me. Had a close chase on Nigel for the last 10 laps but was unable to take "my" place back.

Finished in a 10'th spot

Thanks to our organizers and all nice racing friends out there.

Grats podium guys

Puh...

Gratz to Anders! Really nice battle, as allways with you! You were faster, you deserve it!

But first pole her at RD for me! :tongue: I hoped for it as I knew my car was fast here. But I was totaly unsure about my race setup. It was also fast but not that consistent and therefore I did not know what will happen to the tires. I decided to go not that aggressive for the race. As usual, my Caddy was bad on brakes and into the corners, but good out the corners and on the straight. So I was not that nervous about Hugo and Anders behind me. But I did not found my rythm in the first laps.

After Hugo made a mistake, I was able to go a second faster, for some reason^^. Now I had Anders on my back for over the half race. With about 30 Minutes to go, I tried to open a gap, but I was not able to pull away. Just some tenth and after a small mistake, he was back on my bumper. So I went back to try to do a "zero mistake job". But I did a small one in turn one and Anders slipped through.

Then again I was a bit out of my rythm for two or three laps and Florian closed the gap. So I needed to try the same again. But then, my **** shifting paddles trapped us both^^. About three laps to go, he tried to attack me. I closed the inside line before the hairpin with the downhill braking zone. Right before turn in, I shifted down to second, but the shifting paddle bounced and the gearbox went into first gear^^. The result was a 90° spin on turn-in. Florian had no chance and spun, too. I am really sorry, Florian! That was not the end of our battle I thought about! I hope, that was not the reason why you quit the race?

Kjell slipped through and grabbed second place. I finished third and am lucky to be on the podium after the incident. I did not really hoped for the win, I thought that I could not hold everyone up for the whole race. But after Anders went through, I thought I could hold P2. But things happen^^. I am happy to be on the podium, anyway. :)

Grats again to Anders for the win! And to Kjell for second. And again, Florian, big sorry!

And finally, thanx to Remco, Ivo and RD for the race!

Now thats what i call a race. :D

Q: Took me alot fo time to get a good lap in. 11 i believe in the end.

Race: Full off action. Fernando went off after some laps. So was behind Gary and Jan, Simon, Nigel, Jari behind me.
Had a better pace then Gary in the beginning. But found now way to pass. After alot of laps and still the same train i finally passed him.
But offcourse lost it in the hairpin to Gary and Simon a couple of laps later. Followed them abit with Jan and Jari behind me. Until they collided. Did my laps again and made a stupid mistake in the uphill double right hander. Losing the positions to Fernando and Jari. Followed them alot of laps. When we came across Gary and Simon who crashed together. Last laps Jari was constant making moves on Fernando and with 5 min to go i didnt expect anything to happen anymore. The Florian disco'ed so that gave me 9th. And then Fernando and Jari where very close in the last laps. Wich gave me the chance to be right on the bumper. Got Jari in the hairpin and unfortunately he crashed a corner later...
Very close behind Fernando until i saw him understeer into a corner and didnt turn. Thought first wth but saw fast that he had a puncture. So took it easy the last laps and took 7th. Was a great race but Portugal isnt my favorite destination. :p

Thanks for racing guys cya on the streets of Vancouver.

Q: p2 and that was pretty good. I knew that i needed the position because its not easy to overtake with a Porsche.

R: Had a bad start with some stupid little mistakes. Ended up in a nice little battle with Kjell, till we meet Neil. He was one lap down and the passing didn't went well. i spun and ended up on p7. in the last lap i managed to overtake somebody (forgot his name, sorry) and there was 1 car in front of me with a disconnect ore flat tire so that drops me on p5.

Thanks for the organization Remco and Ivo

Had another decent qualifying run to 8th, but despite some very promising opening laps, it wasn't to be. During the opening laps I found I could go faster than Matthias Maier in front of me, but I tried to take it easy and just follow. Then Greg seemed to be struggling a bit up a head and went wide in the second hair pin, which also forced Matthias wide. So I seized the opportunity and took 7th. I was now all over the back of Greg and passed him in the second last turn. Then going through the kink after T1 I went a little wide knowing that Greg was inside of me and spun it in the braking zone dropping back to 8th and in to the clutches of Ivo and Gary. Had a very intense battle with them and eventually made the same mistake as I did with Greg, just this time it was Gary on the inside of me. I could kick myself for that one. I rejoined in 16th behing Nigel. Within two laps I was right on Nigel's tail and attempted to pass him coming into the first hair pin. We were completely side by side coming through the kink towards the corner, but he must not have seen me and went for the apex cutting off my nose. Then I dove for the inside on the next hair pin and Nigel decided to cover his line in the last moment. We touched and I got beached on the big yellow curd stone on the inside of the corner. I completely destroyed what was left of my tires trying to get off, but luckily I managed to get going again. I went straight to pits for a new set of rubber and rejoined down in 2x position. I had the leaders behind me and despite doing similar laps times to them, I decided to move over and let them past in order to no interfere with their battle. This allowed Neil to catch up to me and we faught it out to the line. By this time I was really driving like crap and was completely over driving the car, non the less, it was fun to have someone to tussel with for the remaining laps. Somehow I managed to finish 15th with Nigel just behind.

All in all, I am glad to have finished after getting discoed last time at Interlagos, but I am a bit disappointed with the result. But in the end I have no one to blame, but myself, so better luck next time.

Hope you all enjoy your holiday break and I will see you next year. :)

@THx Douglas feelt awesome to finnish on the top of the podium :).

Had a really good quali for once and an awesome race with Harald so great to race you m8 :) its a joy. I´m over the moon for this win . Makes up for the disaster at Paul Rickard ..

thx to RD , Remco and Ivo ..

I blame the snow, my internet connection went to local for 90 minutes, back up and running now. I hope the quali / opening few laps broadcast were fun :-z

well.. i think im the most lucky guy for this race... :)
i think, now, i can say wish track i hate the most... Portimao!!!! looool
when Harald and me made some practice together, i saw already that it will be really not easy to find all the time that i messed... no any setup was working for me, dont know if is the car or me...
Quali P4 i think and finish P4 with all the bad luck from others drivers.
the good thing is that i make a good gap on the championship... :D
thx Remco, Ivo, all the broadcast crew and RD!!!
cu on Vancouver :)

I did not practice the track due moving to my new house, so I have no time, but I am fighting to meet my commitment with this league, and also I hope to resolve the Internet connection at my new home ASAP as there is no service yet there but I hope to catch the next round at Vancouver.

Qual= 14
Not bad session after bad practice one, so was happy with the 14th.

Race= 14
Start went fine and I was keeping the pace and I had the potentials of gaining some positions, but I did a breaking mistake which sent me to the sands and it took me about 30 seconds to get back in 22 but finished the race in 14th after passing some cars with one pit stop strategy and some whom went in accidents.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes