RD GP Championship 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
There is a major thunderstorm ongoing over here now, and it might be a long one.
I surely hope it clears before the race, or even sooner as I have not had any practice at all due to me being in Germany during the week.
Anyhow, if there is lightning just before or during the race, I will have to bail out. just so you know. I won't jeopardise my 3k € equipment.
Hope to see you all on the track this eveving.

A good page to keep track of ongoing thunderstorms and keep you out of fried equipment issues.
http://www.blitzortung.org/Webpages/index.php?lang=en

I am done, removed myself from the series and will control the cameras for tonight's broadcast and help out there.
Bram ahs a new proffession? you going to take the futher in the real world bram? oh the thoughts of being a camera man, depending on what job it's for :D

best of luck tonight bram, your in a whole new game now to get the viewers the best coverage :)

Grrrrr....my start was relaxed, and let rocket Bram pass by and expected a huge pile up in the first corner, but looking from the back it was all clean. :thumbsup: In the midfield there was some damage here and there. I could drive around it and passed a couple of guys. Made some mistakes here and there as I couldn't get the right balance in the front of my car. I was running 16th. When I came onto the start/finish straight I went a bit too wide over the curbs , my car went straight left into the pit wall. :( Race over.:(

Thank you Bram and RD for organising this great series! :thumbsup:

great start, the caer infront braked early, can't remember who it was, took me by suprise so i slammed on my breaks and a chain effect, so i believe lars slammed into me.... (thanks lars for waiting in the pits for me, very gentlemen like of you and i appreciate it, however there was really no need, it was a genuine race incident :)

i was in Position 16, trying to unlap myself from conny naslund as i had fresh tyres and a better pace, however i tried to overtake but he kept closing the door (fair enough, he was on 3rd place and was driving for the lead) i kept trying but it never happened, i got quite frustrated as i was losing so much time being stuck there :( , frustration led to me going off eventually and i then started to struggle my rhythm went and i just couldn't stay on track after that without causing problems for others, unfortunatly i decided to retire this (im sorry)

God, so frustrating:(.

Missed the start as I didn't see the lights, then got stuck behind a pretty rough battle ahead of me which eventually saw me going of when trying to get past them. Then battled back only to get trapped behind the sam dog fight. Ended up pitting for tyres once I evenyually got past as I had over driven them. Caught back to close up on the position I'd left b4 pitting only to get caught behind a car a lapahead of me. He let me go as I closed on Lex again, but I didn't expect him to lift of for the Blue flag we just started receiving and I ran into the back of him. Sorry Jonas that was me not thinking :-(. Decided I would hold station, but then ran off again and decided to park it.

I don't normally pull out of a race, but I felt I'd make a bad mistake soon and didn't want to cost someone their race.

I don't normally pull out of a race, but I felt I'd make a bad mistake soon and didn't want to cost someone their race.

I felt the same. Really struggled here today. I had to pit after losing my front wing and that brought me out a lap down in front of the leaders but I felt like a liability and after going off for the 2nd time I withdrew before ruining someone elses race.
A disappointing end to a fun season for me.

Thanks to Bram & RD crew for all their hard work this season :)

Made 14th, not too bad but was faster in practice and couldn't put my best lap in qualy. Start of the race, and had an incident in the chicane and went back to last! kept pushing and managed to make up some places and people going off, up to about 12th until my tyres starting going off and spun, lost about 5 places again.

Continued for a few more laps and my times were getting a lot slower so pitted and the fight was on again. Got back into 12th or 13th, then 2 cars in front had an incident and others pitting, I went into 10th. Coming on the start/finish and Dave Begley was just coming out of the pits, and sneaked into 9th, now I have to try and hold him off for the last 10 minutes. I knew he had much fresher tyres, but managed to stay in front by about 2 seconds. Was he holding back? maybe, I was slow coming onto the start/finish for the last lap, Dave was right on my tail, braked straight past into the first corner and there was no way I could fight back for position, my tyres was shot.

Settled for 10th, I'll take that it's my best finish yet :)

Well done to Rickard for the win, and Dave for that last lap overtake :cool:

I started 15 I think, and in the first laps I made my way to 6th place but mistake after mistake I ended 7 laps down, **** happens!
How do you remove the drivers names on the replay, I don't know how it came back on, and I don't remember how to tturn it off?

Very frustrating race. Completely missed the lights (AGAIN :mad: ). A slow and steady start the first 15 minutes or so was paying off but then came the first spin....lost many many places and a chunk of time. Won't bore you with the other 600 spins but overall, way to many to be a top 7 driver today. I decided to pit for tyres as i hadn't done that this series for fun and i then apparently released my pit limiter on exit a nanosecond before i should have and received a drive through.

Let the leader through (Rickard) with about 10-15 minutes to go? and as i had fresher rubber on i was quicker but no point trying to pass, i sat in behind about 6 or so car lengths. I DID pass at one point when Rickard got it a little sideways exiting the fast chicane but quickly let him go again a few corners later....very lucky Rickard ! :confused:
Was able to follow him home, over the finish line at race end to ensure i get onto the highlight reel... :D:rolleyes:

Somehow finished 11th afer all that, about 22 thousand laps behind the winner.

Smacked into the back of, i think Ken (Hunter) exiting the last corner and off he went. Sorry man but your car was all over the place for many laps and you went wide there, slowed and Bam! I waited and you seemed to be ok...

As i thought, this race was a disaster for me (and others it seems). This track lends itself to spins and trouble.

Just want to say a BIG thanks to Bram, RD and all the drivers who competed and completed :thumbsup:

great start, the caer infront braked early, can't remember who it was, took me by suprise so i slammed on my breaks and a chain effect, so i believe lars slammed into me.... (thanks lars for waiting in the pits for me, very gentlemen like of you and i appreciate it, however there was really no need, it was a genuine race incident :)

i was in Position 16, trying to unlap myself from conny naslund as i had fresh tyres and a better pace, however i tried to overtake but he kept closing the door (fair enough, he was on 3rd place and was driving for the lead) i kept trying but it never happened, i got quite frustrated as i was losing so much time being stuck there :( , frustration led to me going off eventually and i then started to struggle my rhythm went and i just couldn't stay on track after that without causing problems for others, unfortunatly i decided to retire this (im sorry)

Sorry Scott but the rFhud I use crasched in the start, together with my gear indicator and fanaleds. As I had not set any buttons on the wheel I could not find which keys to push to get the standings for most of the race, so I had to assume anyone comming from behind was trying to overtake me. Once I found the key (nearly cost me an off doing it while in the first esses) I discovered that I had lots of time to next one behind me.
But to be honest I was still not sure as I suspected the server would crash again.

Had a terrible race as my ffb was lost halfways trough the race also.
I had absolutely no feeling of what the car was doing.

Sorry Jari for the tap. I backed off as penatly.

guys, all i can say is....

munich-girls-oktoberfest-2010.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back