RD GP Championship 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
Please rethink this again?

Nope my decision is final. I massively enjoyed the racing and I practiced like mad to be up to speed but the taste of victory is completely and I mean COMPLETELY ruined by such claims.

I don't want to be the driver that has such accusations on him for the rest of his simracing career. God my come down and chop off both my hands if I ever made a biased decision when it comes to our racing leagues.

RD''s staff policy is to always discuss incident reports with more than one people and for this league Yoeri helped me with a second opinion.

Any of the drivers that participated in the VWTCC that Yoeri and me organized for SimBin and Eurosport in 2008 know that we are capable of making tough decisions but always based on facts with the rulebook at hand. As a matter of fact a driver that thought he won that series we had to disqualify, with him loosing out on a 30,000 euro car.

But again, my fun is now totally ruined and I don't want to win a title where (even if its one person) people can say: he achieved this by manipulating the series.

the bad guy is me by the way ... and ready to burn!

I simply addressed an admin with my impressions (not based on facts) that I am not satisfied with the circumstances of this league and how decisions are taken or not.
obviously I formulated it so wrongly that an cheat-accusation has been interpreted into it! I definitely should have spent more time to put better into words what I was trying to say! but Bram's final reaction surprises me though ...!
why dropping all the racing because of one "bastard to ban" (quoting Ramon) who expresses his personal impressions and want's to discuss it??

I hope with all the fire burning at the moment it will leave its trace for a more transparent organization in the future (for example getting the information that also Yoeri is looking into the incidents reports ... informations that no one could have guessed).

and don't worry: I'll be gone and will not trouble anyone anymore.
but I still believe it's best to say what bother's you and to discuss things out among adults rather then swallowing.

I hope with all the fire burning at the moment it will leave its trace for a more transparent organization in the future (for example getting the information that also Yari is looking into the incidents reports ... informations that no one could have guessed).
Yoeri is looking into the incident reports not Jari. Two different persons. \

And btw have you got any proof for your accusations? When has Bram ever shown any kind of cheating or treating someone different?

Those were not personal expressions about stuff that bothered you Reto. This went much further so don't downplay it now.

You assume things that aren't true but present them like hard facts. Before doing so you should either have your facts sorted or just don't say anything at all.

But constantly hinting you want to leave the championship without saying why and then come up with accusations is just unheard. You played the toughest card you can play Reto: accusing someone of running the league in his own favor and that I simply don't accept after six years of daily hard work and proven track record. You couldn't kick me in the nuts harder than you did.

To clear all bias this championship victory now will bring with it you completed ruined it for me. I have spent tons of time practicing, working the setup and didnt finish lower than 3rd in both seasons. Then hearing:
- an admin should not drive in the league
- i pushed off a driver and didnt get penalized
- i modified the groups to my own benefit
- fictional results you seem to be trusting that come for a "third party"

Ill do my best to sign up at the SRE F3 championship and drive circles around you there as you have motivated me to the max with your nonsense and ill prove you wrong.

you're right Emil! I take the shame on me and leave quietly ... guess the best I can do!

That's not what I meant. I was being sarcastic when I said it didn't seem blown out of proportion...

I think sure you were questioning a couple of things. And maybe it hit a nerve with Bram, obviously. But I don't think you should be called a bastard or anything like that for raising a few points. In private as well...
I think this is fairly poorly handled and made a big deal of for no reason. I don't think you were right in all your questioning. Except perhaps the part about a penalty at Round 2 for some questionable racing, but with some insight on the thinking and rules around that from organisiers that could be straightened out. And as for the results from last round I'm sure you feel left out because of your strategy and you're thinking that if Bram would've pitted he would've made a different call.. Well, that we can't really guess on and for sure he has interests in that matter if that should arise, but I don't know if that's a fair question. Difficult to answer.

But yeah.. This should've been handled a lot more smoothly imo without anyone creating this ridiculous drama over a few questions.

I don't see any need for Bram to withdraw from the series or anything like that. Especially considering this is for fun with no money or other prizes at stake. Except of course that he feels he lost all motivation which is very important =/

Holey Dooley! I've woken up to find all sorts of s*#t hitting the fan.

My 2 cents worth.......

I don't know Bram or Reto well at all, have hardly spent any time racing and conversing with them, maybe 7 or 8 races as i am new to GSC. In that time i have defo had more to do with Bram and cannot believe he is unfair in any way....just doesn't feel correct.
There was only 1 incident in R2 that he caused/was advantaged and he took a penalty for it...end of story. Every other allegation has no basis that i can see and just doesn't feel right, sorry Reto, just my opinion.

I understand Brams feelings. I myself have nearly quit for a lesser thing so i totally respect his decision...don't like it but i respect it.

I implore Bram to DSQ himself from his R3 victory so as to remove any favouritism rumour but rejoin us for R4 as per usual. At least think about it, calm down chill out for 2 days and let us know on Friday.

you're right Emil! I take the shame on me and leave quietly ... guess the best I can do!
Hell Reto,
you go out there and open a can of worms of unsubstantiated accusations directed at Bram, and now when you really see the general reaction from all, you try and bow out gracefully. Shame on you!!!
As said in the above post, there is no material gain here for racing, it's for fun, and if by not being in a winning position, you have to stoop so low as to try and discredit an esteemed member, and top driver of RD, then the best you should do is leave. You will never receive any recognition here anymore , except maybe from your one friend you have.:devilish:

I'm so sorry to be reading all this Bram. I've been racing with RD in Club races and leagues for a few years now, and you've always been there either just as a racer or running the show.

You've always been fair, but tough when needed and we all respect Brams word and judgement.

Thank you for putting this league together for us and I wish it hadn't been ruined for you, but I can understand how this whole thing has soured it for you:(.

I hope that if you wont be racing with us on Saturday that you'll be there keeping us all in line and making sure we put on a good show;).

As for the race, I better go and learn the track b4 the weekend!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes